Author Topic: Matt Thomas [merged]  (Read 37166 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Port Adelaide's Matt Thomas likely to join Richmond (Adel. Advertiser)
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2013, 01:48:07 PM »
Reckon he could be a good tagger?
We need one.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2013, 01:49:45 PM »
Another tagger with suspect skills in the side. We already have Jacko Willy.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
Jacko don't tag, but. He just trots around being ginger and intelligent. I'm talking hard-nosed lockdown type.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
Has he got a history of that Willy or are we manufacturing him into that role?

I would rather find a back pocket to play on the mosquitoes like Betts, Rioli, Ballantyne etc like Morris does and move Morris into the midfield to do a clamp role on the games elite mids. I reckon Morris would excel and the team would be better for that.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »
Hmm. Could work. Either way really, we need a lockdown tagger. Not sure if Tomas can tag. Just puttin it out there.

gerkin greg

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
Morris not good enough to run in the midfield

Robbing Peter to pay Paul in monopoly money

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
Pretty shrewd acquisition just quietly, my mail is he s the best credentialed mature age recruit out there. For low cost their could be quite a reward,  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Pretty shrewd acquisition just quietly, my mail is he s the best credentialed mature age recruit out there. For low cost their could be quite a reward,  :shh

My mail is you mis used their in the wrong context

the claw

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »
people talking about well rounded players. what does that mean.
for me basically good all round skills that will stand up to afl level. good physical atrributes to play at afl level. lastly an ability to play a high standard footy weather that be afl or state league in other words stand out a little or do real well.

what ever happened to our mantra of no more poorly skilled players and poor decision makers.
to many of these  blokes who lack basics and you cant even compete yet alone implement any sort of game plan. surely good footskills at this level or state level  are a minimum requirement.
why was it okay to ignore blokes 2 or 3 yrs ago who cant kick but its okay now.

ah what the hell seems some just swallow the club line hook line and sinker no matter the history.

you want a well rounded player, theres  on your own door step david mirra is one id rather give him a go anyday over thomas and yes even if given a go he may fail. but he ticks those basic boxes and regularly plays good footy one level down.

im going to ask for the 1000th time how many players who are  deficient in basics can one side carry. we lack polish as it is and we want to add another who everyone knows lacks in basic skills for this level.
i have to ask why dont we learn the mistakes hit us in the face yet we repeat them.

can i ask one question who would people rather sam dwyer  kyle martin  or matt thomas. i know which two last yr ticked those basic boxes  and i screamed we take em.  i also know which one doesnt  tick those boxes this yr. if your a mid and your slow, if your a mid and you only get the ball 15 times, if your a mid and you cant kick well then your going to buck nearly every trend there is to make it in the afl.
what soort of improvement can we expect or ability to over come these weakbesses  can we expect from a 27 yo  before the first ball is bounced next yr. my money is on very limited improvement.

Offline tigertim

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
people talking about well rounded players. what does that mean.
for me basically good all round skills that will stand up to afl level. good physical atrributes to play at afl level. lastly an ability to play a high standard footy weather that be afl or state league in other words stand out a little or do real well.

what ever happened to our mantra of no more poorly skilled players and poor decision makers.
to many of these  blokes who lack basics and you cant even compete yet alone implement any sort of game plan. surely good footskills at this level or state level  are a minimum requirement.
why was it okay to ignore blokes 2 or 3 yrs ago who cant kick but its okay now.

ah what the hell seems some just swallow the club line hook line and sinker no matter the history.

you want a well rounded player, theres  on your own door step david mirra is one id rather give him a go anyday over thomas and yes even if given a go he may fail. but he ticks those basic boxes and regularly plays good footy one level down.

im going to ask for the 1000th time how many players who are  deficient in basics can one side carry. we lack polish as it is and we want to add another who everyone knows lacks in basic skills for this level.
i have to ask why dont we learn the mistakes hit us in the face yet we repeat them.

can i ask one question who would people rather sam dwyer  kyle martin  or matt thomas. i know which two last yr ticked those basic boxes  and i screamed we take em.  i also know which one doesnt  tick those boxes this yr. if your a mid and your slow, if your a mid and you only get the ball 15 times, if your a mid and you cant kick well then your going to buck nearly every trend there is to make it in the afl.
what soort of improvement can we expect or ability to over come these weakbesses  can we expect from a 27 yo  before the first ball is bounced next yr. my money is on very limited improvement.
David Mirra? Kicks more high balls than Tucky or Grigg. Scott Sherlocks a better get than Mirra.

tony_montana

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »
Hmm. Could work. Either way really, we need a lockdown tagger. Not sure if Tomas can tag. Just puttin it out there.

Given what type he is, I'd say you're probably close to the mark.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
From the Power’s group of delisted players, Magarey Medallist Matt Thomas is expected to find a return to AFL football - and to his home in Victoria - through Richmond. As both a delisted player and free agent, Thomas can join the Tigers without hindrance from Alberton.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-has-set-its-sights-on-richmond-tigers-free-agent-matt-white/story-fnfll94y-1226730302701#mm-breached

gerkin greg

« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
Greg stuffing Thomas

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2013, 03:03:26 AM »
Thomas had 20 possies for Norwood in the SANFL Grand Final yesterday.

... delisted Port Adelaide midfielder Matt Thomas (20 disposals) did his chances of being picked up by another club no harm in winning plenty of hard balls in the packs.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/redlegs-send-bassett-out-on-high/story-e6frfkp9-1226733837590