Author Topic: Matt Thomas [merged]  (Read 34041 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matt Thomas [merged]
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2014, 01:15:32 PM »
was definitely special
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2014, 01:17:52 PM »
Could have put 10 games into Arnot already this season.  Instead we recruit and play another mature hack.

Development is alive and well at tigerland.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2014, 01:19:19 PM »
Helbig
Arnot
Almost miles
Mcdonnuts

?

Na matt Thomas

Plop plop plop

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
Helbig
Arnot
Almost miles
Mcdonnuts

?

Na matt Thomas

Plop plop plop
I agree that Arnot should be given another chance, Helbig and McDonnuts I'm not so sure, but wouldn't you prefer to drop players like Houli, Grigg, Pettard, Hampson before Thomas? At least he has a massive crack. The others give less IMO.
Thomas may not be the answer long term but I would prefer to watch him tackle and put his body on the line rather than that soft lot I mention above.
We need a team of goers, willing to at least have a decent crack.

Rampstar

« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »
Matt Thomas was another wasted spot on the list. Look at Miles then look at Thomas, what a stuffen waste of a spot, at least get a kid and give him a chance. Miles looking like a 150 game- 200 game player in the making.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #380 on: June 29, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
Helbig
Arnot
Almost miles
Mcdonnuts

?

Na matt Thomas

Plop plop plop
I agree that Arnot should be given another chance, Helbig and McDonnuts I'm not so sure, but wouldn't you prefer to drop players like Houli, Grigg, Pettard, Hampson before Thomas? At least he has a massive crack. The others give less IMO.
Thomas may not be the answer long term but I would prefer to watch him tackle and put his body on the line rather than that soft lot I mention above.
We need a team of goers, willing to at least have a decent crack.

Yes of course I rank Thomas ahead of the houlis and Griggs

Due to hard wicks unwillingness to play the youth and unwavering faith in the middle teir list blocker types, it's hard not just to lump them all in the same group

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: June 29, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »
Short term fix. When Jackson regains form and fitness I would swap him for Thomas.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Matt Thomas - 100 games [merged]
« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2014, 09:36:05 PM »
Matty Thomas plays his 100th on Friday night.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1665

So it'll be a double milestone game for us  :-\  ;D.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
Been a pretty handy recruit just quietly, certainly justified his rookie spot, next to miles, currently sitting at  2014 best performed rookie in the afl,  nice work fj and Hartley .....again  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:57 PM »
Been a pretty handy recruit just quietly, certainly justified his rookie spot, next to miles, currently sitting at  2014 best performed rookie in the afl,  nice work fj and Hartley .....again  :clapping
geez lately i ive disagereed with just about everything you have posted but apart from the last sentence i agree.

im not sure what people want from rookie picks but as a rookie thomas has been pretty good.

if thomas is such a dud how on earth does he continue to take games off the likes of arnot helbig etc. simply put hes out performed them and earnt his spot.  the rose coloured glasses are on with most and they just refuse to acknowledge thomas has been significantly better than tthe struggling kids in our system. yep if thomas is a dud and the kids cant outperform him and force him out, what does that make em???  uber duds  :o :o

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #385 on: August 07, 2014, 11:23:28 AM »
yep if thomas is a dud and the kids cant outperform him and force him out, what does that make em???  uber duds  :o :o

Or the coach doesn't actually pay attention to VFL? He did say after all he was surprised by how good Anthony Miles is.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #386 on: August 07, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »
Well there you have it.....Thomarse getting games is irrefutable proof  the kids are no good.... the ten minute talent scout hath spoken...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »

if thomas is such a dud how on earth does he continue to take games off the likes of arnot helbig etc. simply put hes out performed them and earnt his spot. 

That you actually have asked the question is either simple a worry or you really don't follow this club that closely at all.

But to help you out I will literally spell it out for you !

F_A_V_O_U_R_I_T_E_S

Get it? Favourites

Thomas is one, like so many others who continue to be played you know the ones.... the players that you; yourself label as DUDS who continually get gifted games while kids in the VFL named in the best week after week get overlooked... That's not out performing them, it's called playing favourites which has been the one consistent feature at the selection table all season 2014
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »
geez lately i ive disagereed with just about everything you have posted but apart from the last sentence i agree.

im not sure what people want from rookie picks but as a rookie thomas has been pretty good.

if thomas is such a dud how on earth does he continue to take games off the likes of arnot helbig etc. simply put hes out performed them and earnt his spot.  the rose coloured glasses are on with most and they just refuse to acknowledge thomas has been significantly better than tthe struggling kids in our system. yep if thomas is a dud and the kids cant outperform him and force him out, what does that make em???  uber duds  :o :o

Totally disagree. Players like Arnot not being given a proper chance and are being played out of position. Arnot has shown good form in VFL over the year yet has not been selected when should have. Coach plays favourites.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: August 07, 2014, 07:53:20 PM »

if thomas is such a dud how on earth does he continue to take games off the likes of arnot helbig etc. simply put hes out performed them and earnt his spot. 

That you actually have asked the question is either simple a worry or you really don't follow this club that closely at all.

But to help you out I will literally spell it out for you !

F_A_V_O_U_R_I_T_E_S

Get it? Favourites

Thomas is one, like so many others who continue to be played you know the ones.... the players that you; yourself label as DUDS who continually get gifted games while kids in the VFL named in the best week after week get overlooked... That's not out performing them, it's called playing favourites which has been the one consistent feature at the selection table all season 2014

Totally agree. You beat me to the punch. Furthermore Arnot is  a much more skilled footballer than Thomas.