Author Topic: Mrc - social club  (Read 4152 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Mrc - social club
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:23:57 PM »
No words to explain this rant.
Just got an email from the club, long story short- now we are popular you can all pay more for sticking by us or the rich band wagoners can jump in if you can't.
Wow so peeed off lucky this site has the most monumental swear filter in history!

Shooting yourself in the foot and alienating the foundation of this club guys, disgusted.

Nb: foundation member so mine doesn't change, but so fkcuign disgusted.

I'll like to punch someone's face in. Me and a lot of dudes/dudettes were there when we were appreciated and the only reason this clubs still alive ?

Rampstar

Re: Mrc - social club
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
No words to explain this rant.
Just got an email from the club, long story short- now we are popular you can all pay more for sticking by us or the rich band wagoners can jump in if you can't.
Wow so peeed off lucky this site has the most monumental swear filter in history!

Shooting yourself in the foot and alienating the foundation of this club guys, disgusted.

Nb: foundation member so mine doesn't change, but so fkcuign disgusted.

I'll like to punch someone's face in. Me and a lot of dudes/dudettes were there when we were appreciated and the only reason this clubs still alive ?

Im not trying to be a smart arse but can you explain exactly whats occurred. I would be extremely disappointed in the club if they start trying to screw over long term members and supporters and I get the impression thats what your getting at but tell us exactly so we know whats going on.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Want more money, now you have to pay one level to get in pre game then another level for post game. As inaugural member mine won't change for another 2 years but its just wrong.
It's just kinda thanks for being a loyal member and helping us survive and now all things are even thanks to people like you, you can F off and we will screw as much money as we can from the band wagoners that can cough up.
Makes me sick, would of never been we're we were for the last 30 years if these new loaded prix were there all along....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »
Want more money, now you have to pay one level to get in pre game then another level for post game. As inaugural member mine won't change for another 2 years but its just wrong.
It's just kinda thanks for being a loyal member and helping us survive and now all things are even thanks to people like you, you can F off and we will screw as much money as we can from the band wagoners that can cough up.
Makes me sick, would of never been we're we were for the last 30 years if these new loaded prix were there all along....

And I'm being serious here what about people who have MRC membership but don't actually go to the social club?

Dont agree with it but not surprised by it

Seems the club has been busy this week sending out emails to members about different things

Someone said to me this morning while we were discussing 3121 the club seems to be "money hungry" at the moment. I said "nah, they just getting down right greedy"

This is just another example of what I've been getting annoyed and frustrated about all year. The club treating loyal members with disrespect bordering on contempt

Hence, why I found it laughable when Benny said about the club existing because of it members or whatever it was.

Practice what you preach RFC, bit of respect would be nice

Reckon there's more to come too
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:55:47 AM »
So tier 2 stays the same price yeh? I don't use it anyway because I go with people who don't have it. Must say I'm not surprised that they've jacked the prices up.  :whistle

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 01:07:58 AM »
Yes I got the email, can't even remember how many times I've used it.

Mine didn't mention anything about inaugural members, anyway I'm not fussed whether its one or two tier, not saying its right either.

Disappointing that they enticed members for next year via this seasons late sign up, but treat long standing members with disdain, c'mon RFC lift your game.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »
Disappointing that they enticed members for next year via this seasons late sign up, but treat long standing members with disdain, c'mon RFC lift your game.
Sums it up really.  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »
Sums it up really.  :banghead

Agree

Also the timing of these emails is disappointing. Sending out emails about jacking up prices etc to incredibly loyal members during the week we are getting ready for our first final is well...sneaky at best, hitting folks during a week of great excitement and anticipation is poor IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »
Bit unrelated and not sure if it has been mentioned, but I got an email the other week re: 2014 seat restructure:

Dear JVT,

As part of our ongoing review of membership products and services, the Club is currently investigating options as to how we can increase capacity in the 3121 membership package.  Amongst other benefits, which are detailed below, 3121 members have access to seating in bays N10 – N15 and use of the three private bars and dining rooms directly behind the reserved seats.  As you may be aware, the 3121 package is sold out and has an extensive waiting list.  Whilst there is ample capacity available through the private bars and dining rooms, any further growth is being stunned by a lack of seating for 3121 members.

A number of options are currently being considered to help solve this problem, one of those options is for bay N9 to become a 3121 seating bay.  For this to occur, the Club would need to provide an adequate solution for those members currently sitting in bay N9.  One of the solutions currently being considered is to offer members in bays N7 –N9 a complimentary upgrade to 3121 in 2014, in exchange for relinquishing their reserved seat. By making this offer across three bays, Club staff should be able to allocate members within these neighbouring bays to ensure that any changes to existing member seating would be minimal. 

Essentially our offer to you as a reserved seat member in bays N7-N9 is as follows;
1. A free upgrade to 3121 in 2014. This will be a saving of approximately $500 and will include:
•   Level 2 Reserved Seating Area and the ability to purchase guest passes for friends or family.
•   Pre-match address by an Assistant Coach and current Richmond players – Hosted by Club great, Dale Weightman.
•   Access to 3 private rooms with bars and the ability to purchase meals.
•   General admission access to all away games that Richmond play in Melbourne.
•   Pre-season function exclusive to 3121 members, held at the ME Bank Centre
•   Priority access to purchase finals tickets and guaranteed access to purchase a reserved seat at the Grand Final if Richmond is participating.

2. Your reserved seat would then be used to assist with making the necessary changes that will allow N9 to be used as 3121 seating in 2014 and beyond.

Your 3121 pricing would revert to the standard 3121 pricing in 2015 and beyond, where you would have the priority opportunity to renew. Note that a waiting list currently exists for this membership package.

If you are keen to take up the offer, please click the “Upgrade Me” button below. For more information or if you have any additional questions, please click “Request a Call”. If your circumstances have changed and you are looking for a different package or can’t commit to next year, please select “I want to change my package in 2014”.

--------------------------

So, if I am reading correctly, take the upgrade and your reserved seat moves to N9 (relinquishing your seat's original position). Then, if you do not want to continue with the 3121 into 2015, you lose your new N9 allocation seating (which is now for 3121) and, what do you know, all other reserved seats are taken too. So you go onto a waiting list to get back into the membership you had this season.

Well I am guessing that is how it would work, so best be careful if you were thinking of taking up the free offer.  :police:

Ruanaidh

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
Hubris........the poison of success.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
Urge to kil fading....fading.....fading....rising.... Fading....
Back into waiting for Sunday mode.....

Rampstar

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »
Club should never forget its working class origins and even today most of its supporters are working people. We are not a corporate club we are not Carlton or Essendon or Hawthorn. Our club is made up of real people who need to work  to earn a living. Dont screw the supporters. These are the same people who rattled tins and paid memberships when the club was crap. They donated to the Fighting Fund. Dont screw the supporters. Club must show loyalty to the supporters as the supporters have shown to the club administration.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »
Club should never forget its working class origins and even today most of its supporters are working people. We are not a corporate club we are not Carlton or Essendon or Hawthorn. Our club is made up of real people who need to work  to earn a living. Dont screw the supporters. These are the same people who rattled tins and paid memberships when the club was crap. They donated to the Fighting Fund. Dont screw the supporters. Club must show loyalty to the supporters as the supporters have shown to the club administration.
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
Yeah can't say I'm happy with this increase

Should have made the room bigger  :banghead

Ruanaidh

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »
Here's some bedtime reading for the Administration:

http://www.gould.com.au/Struggletown-Richmond-1900-1965-p/hyl001.htm

If the current surge in numbers causes us to become elitist and/or cult like, I'll turn away. Richmond without a working class ethos and self-deprecating sense of self is not Richmond IMO. Rather than pushing prices ever upward they could have a lottery each year for limited seats so that all supporters can aspire to them. Rich or poor or anyone in-between.