Author Topic: 2014 Membership: STRONG & BOLD - Bring the Roar Home  (Read 92962 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: 2014 Membership: STRONG & BOLD - Bring the Roar Home
« Reply #855 on: April 24, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
If we beat one of hawks or Geelong I might get on board
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
Lol! Phil Mrakov = definition of bandwagon supporter! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #857 on: April 24, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
 :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #858 on: April 24, 2014, 02:20:01 PM »
We're just under 8000 ahead of the same time last year. So we're now on target for 68k. Our onfield 'performance' so far has arguably cost us a further 3000 given we were 11k ahead at the beginning of the season  :-\.

23/04/2014 - 63,567

23/04/2013 - 55,671

The new ticketing system from the afl is also costing us imo. Fancy paying for a membership and then having to fork out an extra $40 per 1 category game not to sit in the nosebleed.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #859 on: April 24, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »

I actually brought one this year but it went in the microwave after the loss to the dogs

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #860 on: April 24, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »

I actually brought one this year but it went in the microwave after the loss to the dogs
1 minute on high or did you go for the slow nuclear reaction over 3 minutes on low?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #861 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

1 minute on high or did you go for the slow nuclear reaction over 3 minutes on low?

I put it on full cook for 60 mins. Was quite the spectacle

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #862 on: April 24, 2014, 03:37:44 PM »

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #863 on: April 24, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
Hello my fellow Tigers!  I'm a newby here so be nice to me while I learn the ropes.  I'm 49yo & have supported the Tigers since I turned 4!  I have been a member for over 30 years & converted my whole family into Tigers by dragging them to a match in '73.  One look at the great Royce Hart at his best was all it took to make my family see the light, my 81yo folks are still very active in the social groups & still hold memberships this year.  Unfortunately I am unable to attend games these days due to disability (chronic back condition) & being a pensioner (now) I cant really afford a membership these days.  But I have 32 consecutive (un-microwaved) membership tickets to remind me of better times.  I've been reading this forum for a while & finally decided to join in, it does look like fun!  There isn't enough space here to go over all the highlights this club has provided me over the years, but one thing that stands out was being chosen for banner duty for KB's 4ooth game.  That is me on the near post  in the video footage & I nearly forgot to help ground the post as KB crashed through the banner, I was too busy punching the air at the time!  That is a memory that I cherish, I still regard it as an absolute honor to be chosen for my small part in such a big moment in the club's history.  The other moment that stands out was a visit to my Primary school by Kevin Sheedy & Neville Roberts in '74!  I wore my no.4 Richmond jumper for the training session they held on our school oval & I can still remember Sheeds cheering me on for taking a nice grab in front of him!  He even called me 'Royce' for the rest of the session!   ;D   Did I forget to mention that Royce Hart is my all time hero?  The fabulous Royce Hart, the courageous Francis Bourke & the Ghost are my favorite Tigers of old, KB, Disco, Flea & Clokey aren't far behind.  Lets hope that some of our current players can knock off some of the Tigers of old!  Dusty & Jack are right up there these days, not to mention Cotch & Lids!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to some blogging about my beloved Tigers!  I'm the glass half full type, otherwise known as a loyal life-long supporter! 
In keeping with the thread topic:-  Its great to see the club breaking membership records this year!   Remember, it's not about what your club can do for you ...   :gotigers   :clapping           
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #864 on: April 24, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »

pics or it didn't happen,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #865 on: April 24, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »
Hello my fellow Tigers!  I'm a newby here so be nice to me while I learn the ropes.  I'm 49yo & have supported the Tigers since I turned 4!  I have been a member for over 30 years & converted my whole family into Tigers by dragging them to a match in '73.  One look at the great Royce Hart at his best was all it took to make my family see the light, my 81yo folks are still very active in the social groups & still hold memberships this year.  Unfortunately I am unable to attend games these days due to disability (chronic back condition) & being a pensioner (now) I cant really afford a membership these days.  But I have 32 consecutive (un-microwaved) membership tickets to remind me of better times.  I've been reading this forum for a while & finally decided to join in, it does look like fun!  There isn't enough space here to go over all the highlights this club has provided me over the years, but one thing that stands out was being chosen for banner duty for KB's 4ooth game.  That is me on the near post  in the video footage & I nearly forgot to help ground the post as KB crashed through the banner, I was too busy punching the air at the time!  That is a memory that I cherish, I still regard it as an absolute honor to be chosen for my small part in such a big moment in the club's history.  The other moment that stands out was a visit to my Primary school by Kevin Sheedy & Neville Roberts in '74!  I wore my no.4 Richmond jumper for the training session they held on our school oval & I can still remember Sheeds cheering me on for taking a nice grab in front of him!  He even called me 'Royce' for the rest of the session!   ;D   Did I forget to mention that Royce Hart is my all time hero?  The fabulous Royce Hart, the courageous Francis Bourke & the Ghost are my favorite Tigers of old, KB, Disco, Flea & Clokey aren't far behind.  Lets hope that some of our current players can knock off some of the Tigers of old!  Dusty & Jack are right up there these days, not to mention Cotch & Lids!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to some blogging about my beloved Tigers!  I'm the glass half full type, otherwise known as a loyal life-long supporter! 
In keeping with the thread topic:-  Its great to see the club breaking membership records this year!   Remember, it's not about what your club can do for you ...   :gotigers   :clapping         
Welcome JP! Great to have you with us!
Enjoy the ride! :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #866 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #867 on: April 25, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
But I have 32 consecutive (un-microwaved) membership tickets to remind me of better times.   

32, that means you started your run in 1983.

Look no further for the culprit.

It wasn't any of the things we thought it was that started our demise.

The RedSox had the curse of the bambino.

We have the curse of the JP.

Welcome

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #868 on: April 25, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »

Thanks Damo, but I didn't mention that I haven't bought a membership after '05 when my back fell to pieces.  My first membership year was '73 ...   ;D       
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #869 on: April 25, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »

Thanks Damo, but I didn't mention that I haven't bought a membership after '05 when my back fell to pieces.  My first membership year was '73 ...   ;D     
Mine was 1967.... :whistle