Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81099 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:36 AM »
Ahhh, cheers tigs, I wasn't sure how long this whole Circus ran for. I thought FA was done already. So is there still a trade period after the FA period finishes?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2013, 02:49:59 AM »
Port currently leads the chase for Jared Polec because it has a first and second-round draft pick to tempt the Lions. The Power says the first-round call is not on the table for the outside-running midfielder. Adelaide’s challenge is to find a second-round draft pick that is more appealing to Brisbane - or to trade Crows players direct to Brisbane or work a third-party, such as Richmond, into the deal.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-is-willing-to-get-creative-to-secure-disgruntled-brisbane-midfielder-jared-polec/story-fnfll94y-1226733775905

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2013, 02:58:32 AM »
RICHMOND

NOT a lot at Punt Rd for rival clubs to pinch with several key Tigers including Dustin Martin, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis and stars Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin signing contract extensions. The Tigers could seek out Blues' big man Shaun Hampson to assist Ivan Maric while recruiting former Cat Paul Chapman is not beyond them. Chappy would provide an avenue to goal relieving Riewoldt. Patrick Karnezis could be a like-for-like replacement for utility Luke McGuane, who walked out on the club last week seeking a trade to Brisbane.

Free agents: nil
Draft picks: 11, 28, 46, 64, 82, 100, 118

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-superstar-lance-franklin-and-collingwood-speedster-dale-thomas-set-to-dominate-afl-trade-period/story-fnfll94y-1226733849789

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2013, 06:58:57 AM »
He s on a 1m contract at port, that's the guide to what compo is

:lol  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:15 AM »
Fremantle have spent the weekend speaking to Sam Reid's management in the attempt to entice the key forward to the Dockers, who now sits behind Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett in the forward line for the Swans. There has been rumour that Reid is open to the opportunity of the trade, given the likelihood that Sydney will land Buddy during the early part of the week. Reid still has three years to run on a five-year deal.

SEN have reported that GWS have declined interest in Geelong's Travis Varcoe, who was reported to be trade bait to lure Taylor Adams to the Cats.

The Courier Mail is reporting that Gold Coast have drummed up interest in Heath Shaw over the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews
I suggested this last week- why aren't we talking to his management?? And don't anyone suggest we don't have anything to trade because we do. Reid is contracted too.
And going to play for Sydney with how close they are to another flag with Buddy there would be a pretty attractive opportunity for anyone.
Grow some balls Tigers- forget about trading for deadwood from other clubs that cannot even get a regular game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
Fremantle have spent the weekend speaking to Sam Reid's management in the attempt to entice the key forward to the Dockers, who now sits behind Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett in the forward line for the Swans. There has been rumour that Reid is open to the opportunity of the trade, given the likelihood that Sydney will land Buddy during the early part of the week. Reid still has three years to run on a five-year deal.

SEN have reported that GWS have declined interest in Geelong's Travis Varcoe, who was reported to be trade bait to lure Taylor Adams to the Cats.

The Courier Mail is reporting that Gold Coast have drummed up interest in Heath Shaw over the weekend.

I suggested this last week- why aren't we talking to his management?? And don't anyone suggest we don't have anything to trade because we do. Reid is contracted too.
And going to play for Sydney with how close they are to another flag with Buddy there would be a pretty attractive opportunity for anyone.
Grow some balls Tigers- forget about trading for deadwood from other clubs that cannot even get a regular game.

But isn't Reid on big $$$ big tone? His contract was for 5 years - if it was backended .....

As for Varcoe - it's a pass from me.   ;D

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2013, 08:52:58 AM »

But isn't Reid on big $$$ big tone? His contract was for 5 years - if it was backended .....

As for Varcoe - it's a pass from me.   ;D
What do you think he is on WP?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »
Here is a ten second thought of how we could land Reid-
Give our pick 11
We obviously have a little cap room if we are chancing Chapman and Adams, lets says its 300k
Also give them S. Edwards.
So they get pick 11 and a 25 year old, 129 game player that is best 22 of a finals side.
We get Reid, loose Edwards and his contract (300 to 350K)
Pay Reid 400k and have 200k to pay young kid who comes in.
Pretty simple even for conservative people at Tigerland.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »
Give our pick 11
We obviously have a little cap room if we are chancing Chapman and Adams, lets says its 300k
So they get pick 11 and a 25 year old, 129 game player that is best 22 of a finals side.
Why would we want Reid?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »
Pick 11 and Edwards for Reid? Too much IMO. He hasn't shown that much.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
Pick 11 and Edwards for Reid? Too much IMO. He hasn't shown that much.
Exactly.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »
What do you think he is on WP?

Have no idea but seeing it was a 5 year deal I would expect that each year it increases

As a guess would think for KP forward somewhere between $350k-$450k a season over the term of the deal

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #372 on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
Give our pick 11
Why would we want Reid?

Exactly, he's rubbish.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
Reid is a good mark, crap kick that has dodgy shoulders.
He is overpaid.
Sydney should be coming to us.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2013, 12:38:54 PM »
He s on a 1m contract at port, that's the guide to what compo is

:lol  ;D

What's funny