Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81523 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #480 on: October 10, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
we still could, if we are willing to use our first round pick on a player who will most probably be 3-4 years away from having any real impact.
I think that is the main reason the priority was Hampson. Longer could very well turn out to be rubbish too.
Brisbane 'reportedly' wanted 17 and a player for Longer, so essentialy the Hawks went and spent the same amount on getting McEvoy.

Unless we get a mid who has been in the system for a few years (Adams type) then I'd hold on to pick 11 (12 after compos) and draft another gun. No secret that we are becoming a better side with the natural improvement each year of those first rounders (Martin, Conca, Ellis, Vlastuin).

Great post. My thoughts exactly  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #481 on: October 10, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »
Billy two kicks

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #482 on: October 10, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
Billy two kicks
Pretty much, has done SFA to command this sort of attention. Brisbane wanted what the Hawks paid for McEvoy . . .

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: October 10, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
Can you image if Richmond traded #11 and a best 22 player?

Claw would have a stroke

:lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #484 on: October 10, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
we still could, if we are willing to use our first round pick on a player who will most probably be 3-4 years away from having any real impact.
I think that is the main reason the priority was Hampson. Longer could very well turn out to be rubbish too.
Brisbane 'reportedly' wanted 17 and a player for Longer, so essentialy the Hawks went and spent the same amount on getting McEvoy.

Unless we get a mid who has been in the system for a few years (Adams type) then I'd hold on to pick 11 (12 after compos) and draft another gun. No secret that we are becoming a better side with the natural improvement each year of those first rounders (Martin, Conca, Ellis, Vlastuin).

Great post. My thoughts exactly  :clapping

Agree 100% JVT

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #485 on: October 10, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »
Can you image if Richmond traded #11 and a best 22 player?

Claw would have a stroke

Savage is a best 22 player in the VFL.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #486 on: October 10, 2013, 12:59:03 PM »
Savage goes alright

Fit sister, too

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: October 10, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
Thoughts on Jonathan Giles anybody? Apparently not happy with Mumford crashing his party.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
Hawks, Cats and Collingwood sure know how to get things done IMO :(

The Cats and Collingwood have done sweet FA so far? Allot of smoke and no fire unfortunately....

The Cats have done away with sentiment and retired/delisted a handful of their older players. They consistently turn over their list and chase young talent with aggression.

Collingwood has put Shaw up for trade and also chasing young players hard.

We got Hampson. Woo!

tony_montana

« Reply #489 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
Thoughts on Jonathan Giles anybody? Apparently not happy with Mumford crashing his party.

wanted him over x man but not going to happen, apparently wants back to adelaide

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #490 on: October 10, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
Hawks, Cats and Collingwood sure know how to get things done IMO :(

The Cats and Collingwood have done sweet FA so far? Allot of smoke and no fire unfortunately....

The Cats have done away with sentiment and retired/delisted a handful of their older players. They consistently turn over their list and chase young talent with aggression.

Collingwood has put Shaw up for trade and also chasing young players hard.

We got Hampson. Woo!

LMAO....we have no old players to move on! :lol Tuck went this year, Newman and King will be gone next, I'm not sure what the difference would be if they left this year because we don't get anything for them if they retire :lol
It's not as if Hunt (31 and 9 games) Chapman (32 and 8 Games) and Corey (31 and 20 games) Podsiadly (32 and 20 games) were going to go on for ever anyway and besides that they got nothing in return for any of them either!!
As for chasing players hard, Varco is the only Geelong name I've heard as being on the table and there certainly isn't a whole lot of interest there either....

Collingwood had Thomas walk out on the club, yes they have put Shaw up for trade and looks as though he will be used to get the Adams deal done but besides being linked to every player who has asked to be moved on they haven't seem to hacmve got much over the line yet.

So feel free to explain what you mean by chasing players Hard and how it's different to how we have been going about it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #491 on: October 10, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »
SEN claiming they are hearing a potential swap between St Kilda's David Armitage, who wants to return home to Qld, and the Lions' Billy Longer.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2013, 05:26:31 PM »
SEN claiming they are hearing a potential swap between St Kilda's David Armitage, who wants to return home to Qld, and the Lions' Billy Longer.
Armitage was one of the few good youth they had.  Stevens the only other. St Kilda are going to be the next Melbourne!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »
ST KILDA defender Sam Fisher now forming part of a proposed deal to land Greater Western Sydney defender Josh Bruce.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-10/trade-wrap-thursday

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight says the Hawks and Saints will later swap picks 20 and 23 as part of the McEvoy deal.

He also claimed Dal Santo's preferred club is Essendon if he leaves St Kilda. So that puts North in a spot as the Roos thought NDS wanted to go to Arden St  :laugh:.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
ST KILDA defender Sam Fisher now forming part of a proposed deal to land Greater Western Sydney defender Josh Bruce.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-10/trade-wrap-thursday

Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight says the Hawks and Saints will later swap picks 20 and 23 as part of the McEvoy deal.

He also claimed Dal Santo's preferred club is Essendon if he leaves St Kilda. So that puts North in a spot as the Roos thought NDS wanted to go to Arden St  :laugh:.

Nick was appalled that the nought b&f was held in the pet food aisle of the local supermarket   :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S