Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81477 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #540 on: October 14, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
Good news guys, Taylor Petrenko has picked us and will be joining us from the Roos on a deal worth $360k a year for 2 years.

Just got the scoop then  :rollin

Is this ur mate again with all the bizarre statements

:lol yeah

He came in this morning all excited.

He asked if I was happy with the players the Tigers had picked up and then said oops, it's all still a big secret but Taylor Petrenko is coming over.

Norf offereing $300k, Pies $340k and we pipped them all with $360k  :rollin

I will repeat the question.   Who?

Long story short Fluffy, one of the guys I work with often tells me about 3 players his son knows who play in the AFL.

Alex Conti is at Fremantle, Taylor Petrenko at North and Adam LeCras is at Gold Coast and they are all regular senior players.  :rollin

None of these guys exist.  :lol

Anyway, Conti is apparently keen to return to Victoria and Richmond and Collingwood were interested, he played in the Grand Final, number 20 and was wearing a head bandage.

Now it sounds like a done deal that Petrenko will be joining us as a free agent, he has turned his back on the lure of returning to rugby and offers from North and Collingwood and has accepted our 2 year deal.  :rollin

I have no idea if this guy is spinning poo for a laugh or he is freakin' nuts.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #541 on: October 14, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
Good news guys, Taylor Petrenko has picked us and will be joining us from the Roos on a deal worth $360k a year for 2 years.

Just got the scoop then  :rollin

Is this ur mate again with all the bizarre statements

:lol yeah

He came in this morning all excited.

He asked if I was happy with the players the Tigers had picked up and then said oops, it's all still a big secret but Taylor Petrenko is coming over.

Norf offereing $300k, Pies $340k and we pipped them all with $360k  :rollin

I will repeat the question.   Who?

Long story short Fluffy, one of the guys I work with often tells me about 3 players his son knows who play in the AFL.

Alex Conti is at Fremantle, Taylor Petrenko at North and Adam LeCras is at Gold Coast and they are all regular senior players.  :rollin

None of these guys exist.  :lol

Anyway, Conti is apparently keen to return to Victoria and Richmond and Collingwood were interested, he played in the Grand Final, number 20 and was wearing a head bandage.

Now it sounds like a done deal that Petrenko will be joining us as a free agent, he has turned his back on the lure of returning to rugby and offers from North and Collingwood and has accepted our 2 year deal.  :rollin

I have no idea if this guy is spinning poo for a laugh or he is freakin' nuts.  :lol

Thank you for clearing this up.  (I think)
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #542 on: October 14, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »
Ok, so I have been talking with my co-worker. His son plays VFL and is friends with some AFL players.

There is just one HUGE problem with the goss he gives me. The players he talks about are all made up!

He is deadly serious too, every time I see him, he tells me about them. I have a feeling he may be getting names terribly mixed up, but he mentions the same names all the time. 

So anyway, today he tells me some top secret goss, he says Richmond might get a good player in the trade period, I say 'Adams', he says no, 'Alex Conti'.  :huh

I must have given him a look, because he says 'you know Alex Conti, from Freo, he's playing this weekend'.  :huh

This is the same Alex Conti that allegedly played against us at the MCG last season in the wet and kicked 3 goals.  :huh

He is a free agent (I think he means out of contract) and is keen to come back to Victoria. Collingwood are very interested in him as well.

But it doesn't end there, because we're also looking at a player from North Melbourne, Taylor Petrenko....  :huh

He is a regular senior player and hurt his achilles late in the season. He has a rugby background and Cronulla are also trying to lure him back to rugby.

Norf are paying him $220k, and we've offered $250k.

So what should we trade for these fictional players? Jim Boogie for Conti and Ema Nymton for Petrenko? Would that be enough to get the deal done?

Must have been a bidding war for Petrenko, our original offer was only $250k, we've had to tack on another $110k to nab him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
CARLTON is set to enter discussions with West Coast that could send contracted defender Josh Bootsma to the Eagles if a suitable deal can be struck.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-14/bootsma-on-the-table

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2013, 05:50:16 PM »
Herald-Sun's Sam Landsberger has tweeted that GWS midfielder/defender Sam Darley has generated some interest at the trade table today.

Jesse White will be a Collingwood player by the end of the trade period, his manager stating that they will be only dealing with the Pies.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
James Podsiadly's manager says the Crows are interested in J-Pod.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-10-14/jpod-on-radar-of-multiple-clubs

GWS has confirmed they have interviewed Bernie Vince as they look to trade for the Crows midfielder.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:05:02 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:19 AM »
Heath Shaw will sign a five-year deal with Greater Western Sydney worth between $675,000 and $700,000 a season.

His manager Ben Niall said: ''We have informed Geelong and Essendon that GWS is his preferred club and notified GWS and Collingwood.

A trade with Taylor Adams, who wants to move back to Victoria, is almost a certainly to take place, as well as draft picks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-defender-heath-shaw-is-set-to-sign-with-greater-western-sydney/story-fnfll94y-1226739873924
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/shaw-set-to-take-some-giant-strides-20131014-2vj2t.html

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: October 15, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »
Herald-Sun's Sam Landsberger has tweeted that GWS midfielder/defender Sam Darley has generated some interest at the trade table today.

Has the weakest handshake known to mankind.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: October 15, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
Heath Shaw will sign a five-year deal with Greater Western Sydney worth between $675,000 and $700,000 a season.

:o :o :o

GWS - what the hell are they thinking?  Shaw will not be anywhere near as damaging away from the comfort zone of Collingwood.  Good luck to him getting the deal but I reckon GWS will rue this one in time.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #549 on: October 15, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »

Jesse White will be a Collingwood player by the end of the trade period, his manager stating that they will be only dealing with the Pies.

Darley is a quality young mid. Still quite raw and needs to bulk up a bit, but is quick,  very courageous and only has eyes for the footy. I'd seriously look at him if he is on offer.
Struggled to break into the heavily populated GWS Midfield. Played 4 games this year for 68 disposals which isn't too shabby.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: October 15, 2013, 12:51:43 PM »
Jason Podsiadly's manager says the Crows are interested in J-Pod.

Who is Jason Podsiadly ?

Does this guy manage Taylor Petrenko too ?  ;D

I believe Warwick Todd is gonna get picked to play for Australia in the upcoming ashes series.
It's all happening !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #551 on: October 15, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »

His manager Ben Niall said: ''We have informed Geelong and Essendon that GWS is his preferred club and notified GWS and Collingwood.

A trade with Taylor Adams, who wants to move back to Victoria, is almost a certainly to take place, as well as draft picks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-defender-heath-shaw-is-set-to-sign-with-greater-western-sydney/story-fnfll94y-1226739873924
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/shaw-set-to-take-some-giant-strides-20131014-2vj2t.html

to think GWS could've had Dusty at 100k less
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #552 on: October 15, 2013, 04:07:26 PM »
I don't get it - Shaw is being booted out of the pies bc he's a disruption to team unity and openly challenges the coaches and leaders of the club with public displays of anger and frustration - yet this same player is desperately wanted for his leadership qualities at GWS  :huh - if he's causing disharmony at a club like the pies which is full of strong leaders, what is he going to do with a list full of impressionable kids??  Crazy industry

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #553 on: October 15, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
I don't get it - Shaw is being booted out of the pies bc he's a disruption to team unity and openly challenges the coaches and leaders of the club with public displays of anger and frustration - yet this same player is desperately wanted for his leadership qualities at GWS  :huh - if he's causing disharmony at a club like the pies which is full of strong leaders, what is he going to do with a list full of impressionable kids??  Crazy industry

I think Bakes will have no hesitation in cutting him off at the knees if he gets out of line. Also I think from memory the Colour Orange has some interesting Physiological effects which may aid behavioural change in Shaw...read below  ;D

Orange

Physiological Effect: Orange has proven to be a stimulus of the sexual organs. Also, it can be beneficial to the digestive system and can strengthen the immune system.

Psychological Effect: Orange has shown to have only positive affects on your emotional state. This color relieves feelings of self-pity, lack of self-worth and unwillingness to forgive. Orange opens your emotions and is a terrific antidepressant.

Well....A perfect colour for a team that never wins!  ;D

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #554 on: October 15, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »
We need to strengthen our position in the draft.

Need a pick in the second round.

Not much to give.