Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 81104 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2013, 10:10:07 PM »
Who would docherty replace in our side sport, he wouldn't get a game for mine unless there was a spate of injuries and he d be a bit behind Darrou just quietly.  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #616 on: October 18, 2013, 10:17:48 PM »
Who would docherty replace in our side sport, he wouldn't get a game for mine unless there was a spate of injuries and he d be a bit behind Darrou just quietly.  :shh

he can replace any one of those 3 average performers i mentioned, sport. Foley aside the other 2 are about as useful as a goal post.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #617 on: October 18, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »
James Podsiadly has agreed to join the Adelaide Football Club on a two-year deal.

The Crows will now work with the Cats to determine Podsiadly’s path to West Lakes.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-10-18/podsiadly-agrees-to-join-crows

Reports that Paul Chapman and the Bombers have reached an agreement are also circulating. Big day, this one.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade-period/trade-radio/.workstation

300k for Chapman. Wow what a money hungry spud! Thank god we have Kingy!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

he can replace any one of those 3 average performers i mentioned, sport. Foley aside the other 2 are about as useful as a goal post.

yeah right, lets swap a couple of hard running mids that find the pill 20+ times a game for a battler that struggled to make a name for himself in a bum side. oooh nahhh but he was weeely good in the U14s , any more sterling ideas :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
James Podsiadly has agreed to join the Adelaide Football Club on a two-year deal.

The Crows will now work with the Cats to determine Podsiadly’s path to West Lakes.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-10-18/podsiadly-agrees-to-join-crows

Reports that Paul Chapman and the Bombers have reached an agreement are also circulating. Big day, this one.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade-period/trade-radio/.workstation

300k for Chapman. Wow what a money hungry spud! Thank god we have Kingy!

Im spewin about chappy, would have been a great fit for our side and shown a few of our "elite" boys what real grunt and determination is required

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »

yeah right, lets swap a couple of hard running mids that find the pill 20+ times a game for a battler that struggled to make a name for himself in a bum side. oooh nahhh but he was weeely good in the U14s , any more sterling ideas :lol

Shows you don't know anything about our club

U go to games? I go to every one and watch Grigg closely

Touching the pill 20 times. Wow amazing lets keep him for 5 yrs, based on that.

I touch my mrs 20 times a day, it doesn't mean I'm effective at it

Quality not quantity and Grigg is average and replaceable. One game he polled 3 votes with your magic 20 possy's. Problem is he had 6 clangers. Clubs allow him to roam free because his not a damaging player and IMV the weakest link in our midfield by a fair margin.

Foley well clearly we don't think highly of him cause he wasn't even selected in the final, and Edwards well his 7 yrs speaks for himself

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »

Quality not quantity and Grigg is average and replaceable. One game he polled 3 votes with your magic 20 possy's. Problem is he had 6 clangers. Clubs allow him to roam free because his not a damaging player and IMV the weakest link in our midfield by a fair margin.

Perfect summation of Grigg

Who needs daniel when we have Angus  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:18:16 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
WP you getting griff and Grigg mixed up?I mean they are both at times hardly detectable out there.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »

:rollin

Some of you're best work Dan!   :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »

Foley well clearly we don't think highly of him cause he wasn't even selected in the final, and Edwards well his 7 yrs speaks for himself

Apart from your marital bit which I'm obviously not privvy too and therefore in no position to assess, agree with all of that 100%. Arguably the three most chronically overrated players on our list, with less than three good yearss between them - most of which was from Foley six seasons ago.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #625 on: October 19, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
No surprise but it's still all quiet on the Tiger front  :boredom

Trade special: where your club sits
Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
October 19, 2013

RICHMOND
The Tigers required a ruckman and they snared their man early in the trade period, trading pick No.28 (now No.32) to Carlton for Shaun Hampson in the first trade of 2013. All has been quiet on the trade front since, with Robin Nahas the only Tiger expected to move if a deal can be found. He will be delisted if not. Speedster Matt White moved to Port Adelaide as an unrestricted free agent in search of more opportunities.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-19/where-your-club-sits

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #626 on: October 19, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »

There is nothing to upgrade them with available that wouldn't require draft picks that we don't have or, players we can't afford to lose so, I don't understand what you are asking for.  The other thing you are saying about Foley is wrong, he was obviously still not 100% coming back from his injury and needed more games, so they didn't play him in the final, I never thought they would to be honest.  He was obviously underdone.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: October 19, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »

I go to every game except the interstaters, Griggs avg 21.8 disposals at 77%...that's above league average, so spare me the bloated opinion with these baseless claims about that one time at band camp that grigger kicked a pie floater that went over jacks head. I want bald facts , anything less is an insult and quite frankly a waste of everyones time :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #628 on: October 19, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »

oooh nahhh but he was weeely good in the U14s , any more sterling ideas :lol

Does anyone remember the legendary story of Addam 'The Prodigy' Maric kicking 100 goals in under 15s? You certainly would BJ, you told us all about it!

Worry about your own bag of pee of BJ.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: October 19, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
how about you take your own advice, no -one was talking to you :lol