Author Topic: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)  (Read 16144 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
WGAF. Not wanting him in the rooms is fine but telling someone to cut ties with a bloke is a disgrace. Kingy doesn't tell you duds how to run the club.

If I was the CEO of one our major sponsors that's putting in $1-2mil a year I might just GAF

It's all about the brand and perception

Rightly or wrongly that's what it's about

Investors and that's what sponsors and members for that matter are, want not only value but also want to some assurances that their brand is not being tarnished by the brand they are investing in
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
He is a mate of Kingy's, WGAF. He won't be back in the rooms again so WGAF. King can be mates with every criminal in Australia for all I care. That's his business. Obviously he won't be inviting anymore seedy characters to the rooms. Pretty easy to move on from this without telling him who he can and can't talk to.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Agree with senior coach Davey

Move on folks it's been dealt with

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
WGAF. Not wanting him in the rooms is fine but telling someone to cut ties with a bloke is a disgrace. Kingy doesn't tell you duds how to run the club.
Didn't kingy tell Wallace what he thought of him and his ability to coach one time behind closed doors?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
No.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »
Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell

Jon Kaila, Aaron Langmaid
    December 15, 2013 11:00PM

EXCLUSIVE: CONTROVERSIAL Richmond footballer Jake King has defied club orders to end his association with former Bandidos boss Toby Mitchell.

The pair was photographed seated watching lingerie-clad women play American football at AAMI Park at the weekend - just months after Richmond ordered its player to cut ties with the ex-underworld figurehead.

The Tigers could hit King with fines or suspensions for the continuing friendship.

King did not answer calls and the club refused to comment before the Herald Sun went to print on Sunday night.

It comes after the Australian Crime Commission has warned athletes who associated with criminals put themselves in danger of corruption.

Richmond told King, 29, his association with the former bikie enforcer was totally unacceptable after Mitchell was invited by the firebrand into the Richmond rooms at the MCG during last season's Round 20 win over Brisbane.

It also warned its entire playing list how important it is that they do not associate with criminals in any way.

"Jake has been counselled specifically on that issue and our playing group are counselled more broadly about off-field issues, as would be the case at all clubs,'' a spokesman said at the time.

The Herald Sun can reveal the latest meeting is at least the second time the duo have been seen together in a public place since his "counselling".

A witness said King and Mitchell looked "the best of mates" at the skimpy-dressed women's gridiron match, chatting through the Legends Football League game.

The friends were only separated when Mitchell walked down to a VIP area on the field after the game, with King appearing to keep his distance.

The Richmond forward was also seen with Mitchell at Fog restaurant in Greville Street, Prahran, on November 16.

It came only days after Mitchell told Bandido members he was quitting the club at a meeting on November 9 and sent out a text to others in the club.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-footballer-jake-king-snubs-club-bikie-ban-on-toby-mitchell/story-fndv8t7m-1226783597416

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond footballer Jake King snubs club bikie ban on Toby Mitchell (H-Sun)
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:04 AM »
Club needs to sack him. It can elevate a rookie to replace him.
The tail can't wag the dog......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »
 :facepalm :booboo :facepalm

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 07:38:14 AM »
Jake King...well done!! :clapping :clapping

Who he associates should be up to him, the "association" has not impacted on the club nor how he plays his game.

These "Bikie Laws" that have been introduced into Queensland are nothing short of ludicrous Nazi, undemocratic, Communist garbage.

While I don't care much for the person he is with or the club he is associated to not all individuals in clubs are like him or that club. Most are family orientated people that are stereotyped by the Government, some media outlets and the public alike.

RFC; if Jake King was at a nightclub where he was involved with this individual and there was an altercation or fracas then I would totally understand the club taking a stance and terminating his contract. But he watched a game of women's football with him....!!!!

"The Richmond forward was also seen with Mitchell at Fog restaurant in Greville Street, Prahran, on November 16" - Why didn't we hear about then???????

FFS move on. "Controversial Richmond Footballer Jake King" - PLEASE!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:27 AM »
What's Mitchell been convicted of  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »
Agree with WA Tiger

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
What's Mitchell been convicted of  ::)

Its a farce!!!

Geezus, read the paper each morning, the king hits, the rapes, the child molestation....what we are we doing about that???

I could understand if King was hanging out with a pedophile but this is just a pathetic attempt yet again to brand a group in our society that has really done nothing, particularly to the RFC...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 08:25:09 AM »

Who he associates should be up to him, the "association" has not impacted on the club nor how he plays his game.

These "Bikie Laws" that have been introduced into Queensland are nothing short of ludicrous Nazi, undemocratic, Communist garbage.

While I don't care much for the person he is with or the club he is associated to not all individuals in clubs are like him or that club. Most are family orientated people that are stereotyped by the Government, some media outlets and the public alike.

RFC; if Jake King was at a nightclub where he was involved with this individual and there was an altercation or fracas then I would totally understand the club taking a stance and terminating his contract. But he watched a game of women's football with him....!!!!

"The Richmond forward was also seen with Mitchell at Fog restaurant in Greville Street, Prahran, on November 16" - Why didn't we hear about then???????

There are certain standards any decent club sets as code of behaviour when players are away from the club. This would include not associating with the underworld. It has been well publicized that the bandidos are not an association that has a great humanitarian record! As such the club is justified in setting rules that prohibit its players from associating with them.
I really cannot see the difference between this and telling players they cannot get drunk in public. The club is setting the standards. The players know those standards. They either follow them or leave.
Do you have children WA tiger? I do and they have rules to follow too. Rules that I have to make them good citizens and to keep them from harms way. This is the same philosophy the club is using to create better players that will keep out of trouble. It's not a matter of controlling who they can and cannot see. That's a far too simplistic assessment of the situation.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 08:34:39 AM »
Benny Gale will be on SEN after 8.30

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »

There are certain standards any decent club sets as code of behaviour when players are away from the club. This would include not associating with the underworld. It has been well publicized that the bandidos are not an association that has a great humanitarian record! As such the club is justified in setting rules that prohibit its players from associating with them.
I really cannot see the difference between this and telling players they cannot get drunk in public. The club is setting the standards. The players know those standards. They either follow them or leave.
Do you have children WA tiger? I do and they have rules to follow too. Rules that I have to make them good citizens and to keep them from harms way. This is the same philosophy the club is using to create better players that will keep out of trouble. It's not a matter of controlling who they can and cannot see. That's a far too simplistic assessment of the situation.

"Underworld" = Proof...Stereotyping!!

Yes I have Children under 18 and yes they are subject to certain rules, non of which take away their democratic rights, including who they see.

"bandidos are not an association that has a great humanitarian record"; He is not associating with the Banditos Club.

Jake King is old enough to do what he wants, IF that impacts on the club and his performance then he pays the price....it hasn't to date.

"Rucks: