Author Topic: Footy Dept Restructure: Monaghan Goes  (Read 3336 times)

Gigantor

Re: Footy Dept Restructure: Monaghan Goes
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
HMMM Bo ..you reckon he might have learned his trade from the Robert Mugabe school of diplomacy and negotiation?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 06:51:45 PM »
Well the juries out G, ill Tellya one thing, CC would have done the job, he would have played JFK on a break during the Cuban missile crisis would CC, mr underrated that's for sure :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
To be honest The thought crossed my mind that since CC left our contract negotiations have all gone off the rails at some point

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
To be honest The thought crossed my mind that since CC left our contract negotiations have all gone off the rails at some point

Yeah, there finally been paid what there worth and not inflated overs!
Ask anyone to take a pay cut and there going to be peed off but it's certainly sorting out those who want to be here and those who are just in it for the cash :cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
I'm yet to be convinced of this intractable strategy that is looking more likely that we will have a fair amount of egg on the mush. All along my thoughts were cut conca and sign Martin....YES he is worth ~550.... What makes me say that , coz he s no more than 10% any lesser player than jr or cotch or lids and now we hear the likes of Mitch Clark on 600k, daisy on one leg at 27 with 700 touted and stuffen cramers and his 30g a years on 475 ...dm is certainly worth more than 480. If that's how DR sees it then no wonder we are facing the biggest crisis since the end of the Cold War

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
I see your point bj, but all those players have one thing in common, they are free agents or playing at sides like we used to be. Sam Mitchell is on 350k, Sewell prob less. Roughy wouldn't be on huge coin. Im sure players like Enright, Kelly etc at Geelong have been paid unders in order to  build the side they have. Freo have close to a mill in the kitty they can lash out, they have a stabkle of star players but obviously they have a rate structure that pays them less. Lids is on about 5-550. If oxx is correct Martin was offered 530k not 480. 530 is very reasonable if Cotch is on 600k.

gerkin greg

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 07:44:24 PM »
if the Hawks can accommodate

Hodge, Franklin, Burgoyne, Rioli, Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Roughead, Lake

I think we can squeeze in Reece ****ing Conca and Dustin Martin

might have to stop paying Luke McGuane and Troy Chaplin massive overs... Craig  :shh

Rampstar

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
I'm yet to be convinced of this intractable strategy that is looking more likely that we will have a fair amount of egg on the mush. All along my thoughts were cut conca and sign Martin....YES he is worth ~550.... What makes me say that , coz he s no more than 10% any lesser player than jr or cotch or lids and now we hear the likes of Mitch Clark on 600k, daisy on one leg at 27 with 700 touted and stuffen cramers and his 30g a years on 475 ...dm is certainly worth more than 480. If that's how DR sees it then no wonder we are facing the biggest crisis since the end of the Cold War

stop being a dill there is no crisis  :gotigers

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
I see your point bj, but all those players have one thing in common, they are free agents or playing at sides like we used to be. Sam Mitchell is on 350k, Sewell prob less. Roughy wouldn't be on huge coin. Im sure players like Enright, Kelly etc at Geelong have been paid unders in order to  build the side they have. Freo have close to a mill in the kitty they can lash out, they have a stabkle of star players but obviously they have a rate structure that pays them less. Lids is on about 5-550. If oxx is correct Martin was offered 530k not 480. 530 is very reasonable if Cotch is on 600k.

Mitchell used to be on 600 so must have front loaded a bit, Roughy was on half a mill before his voice broke

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »
WP what were/are your reservations regarding this gentleman?.

Arrogant "so 'n' so" who didnt treat certain folks with much respect

That's sounds sooooo much like Greg Hutchinson - had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting him one day when he was still with us.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »

stop being a dill there is no crisis  :gotigers

Did someone say crisis?  :gobdrop
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »

Dont think Cotchin is on $600k, would be more  ;D

That's sounds sooooo much like Greg Hutchinson - had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting him one day when he was still with us.

Actually have met Hutchy a number of times at club functions. Always found him to be a super bloke and a true gentleman to all (especially the player's families). Certainly cannot say the same thing about Monaghan

true story about Hutchy, I was out at Casey watching Coburg a few years ago and Hutchy as part of his role at St Kilda he was Casey's Coach. Reserves were playing. I hadn't seen or spoken to Hutchy for over 12 months. Anyway he saw me watching the ressies and he came up to me said hello "Will" and we had a chat for about 5-10 minutes. I cannot say a bad word about Greg Hutchinson - always been terrific to me  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »

might have to stop paying Luke McGuane and Troy Chaplin massive overs... Craig  :shh
Don't forget freo offering jack 1m , like how the stuff can they do that, sounds to me beyond top 10 players they are paid peanuts...wa homeboys, they know won't go east....I wouldn't think Luke mcguane is on much he was signed a 1 year deal..and chappy is worth his 300 odd a year, was a whisker off AA

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 08:33:52 PM »

Don't forget freo offering jack 1m , like how the stuff can they do that, sounds to me beyond top 10 players they are paid peanuts...wa homeboys, they know won't go east....I wouldn't think Luke mcguane is on much he was signed a 1 year deal..and chappy is worth his 300 odd a year, was a whisker off AA

Yep bottom 20 paid 20% unders
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
Well the juries out G, ill Tellya one thing, CC would have done the job, he would have played JFK on a break during the Cuban missile crisis would CC, mr underrated that's for sure :shh

No No No, He is the reason we are in this position with Martin, by paying overs in the first instance, way overs, Cameron had no idea on managing a salary cap. Thank god he was pushed, left.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.