Author Topic: Who should we choose with our first draft pick?  (Read 37629 times)

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Who should we choose with our first draft pick?
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2013, 04:37:48 PM »
From Callum Twomey's live chat this arvo:Reading between the lines, it looks like Twomey thinks:

1. GWS - Boyd
2. GWS - Kelly
3. St K - Billings
4. WB - Aish
5. GC - Kade Kolodjashnij
6. Coll - Scharenberg
7. Bris - McCarthy
8. North - McDonald (F/S)
9. Melb - Freedman
10. Coll - Lennon
11. WCE - Sheed
12. Rich - Salem

If Lennon slipped to 12 then we'd consider him as he trained with us and we were very impressed.

That would mean Bontempelli would slip down to us... Would we pick him over Salem?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »
Tsim Bookie is what we want
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
Acres comfortably still the one for me. Would be touted as top 5 if he hadn't been injured. Would still take him even if Scharenberg slid.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »
If Lennon slipped to 12 then we'd consider him as he trained with us and we were very impressed.

That would be great but I could live with it if Brisbane picked him at 7 and stuffed up Collingwood's plans to get him at 10.
I think that would work out nicely for us if Brisbane went Lennon, it should mean one of the A graders is still left for us.

the claw

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
tigs2011 any chance at all scharenberg could slip to us?
sheesh one could only hope. absolutely love this kid.reckon he will go top 3 at the latest.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »
tigs2011 any chance at all scharenberg could slip to us?

Yes. Best chance is Pies take Salem though. They're probably our biggest threat. It's hard to gauge though because with all the clubs who are rumoured to be interested in players ie. WC with Sheed, you have no idea if they would still go Sheed over Scharenberg because it seemed so unlikely he'd be there. I think it's 50/50 atm that he's there.

tony_montana

« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
another question - sorry mate but you seem really knowledgeable about the draftees. Who would you prefer out of scharenberg and Salem?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
Word is we'll take Lennon if he's still there. I really hope he isn't. If I hear his name called out before our pick I'll cheer as loud as I will if we call out Acres' name.

Then knowing us we'll probably pick Crouch instead.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
Word is we'll take Lennon if he's still there. I really hope he isn't. If I hear his name called out before our pick I'll cheer as loud as I will if we call out Acres' name.

Where you get your word from ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2013, 02:33:22 PM »

A reliable real life source. Said it's between him & Acres if Salem's not there with Lennon favoured on the back of him training with us last year. Also said we would take Scharenberg even if Salem was there but we're not even entertaining thoughts of him sliding.

There's also still some heated debate within the club about taking a chance on Garlett at 50, with a possible compromise of taking him at 68 if he's still there however there are still key people dead set against taking him at all - not even with a rookie pick.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »

Also said we would take Scharenberg even if Salem was there
:nope

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2013, 04:51:13 PM »

A reliable real life source. Said it's between him & Acres if Salem's not there with Lennon favoured on the back of him training with us last year. Also said we would take Scharenberg even if Salem was there but we're not even entertaining thoughts of him sliding.

There's also still some heated debate within the club about taking a chance on Garlett at 50, with a possible compromise of taking him at 68 if he's still there however there are still key people dead set against taking him at all - not even with a rookie pick.

Essendon or Hawthorn will take him before we have a chance.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2013, 06:00:45 PM »

that's what Im hearing :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »
another question - sorry mate but you seem really knowledgeable about the draftees. Who would you prefer out of scharenberg and Salem?
salem. He's a gem. Though it's close. I rate Salem 5th and Scharenberg 7th

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
Saw about 5 seconds of sharenburg, he won't slip past top 5 , bugger me we d be unstoppable with him on the list :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled