Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?  (Read 3885 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:40:34 AM »
Next up is Titch.

Shane played 20 games in his seventh season of AFL to take his career tally to 129. He played the first 18 matches straight before injury and suspension meant in the last month he only played against GWS and then in the Elimination Final a fortnight later where he only had 11 disposals (his lowest return for the season). Edwards had 20+ possessions on eight occasions in 2013 including a career high and his first 30 possession game against the Cats in round 6.

Games  Disposals  Marks  Tackles    G.B      1st   Clear.   In50   R50    1%ers
2007:    16         10.3       3.4       2.2     11.7
2008:    16         11.6       2.9       1.9     12.11
2009:    15         12.6       2.3       2.0       5.3   
2010:    22         18.8       2.8       3.5       7.8
2011:    20         16.1       3.3       2.9       4.12     1.6    1.8      2.6     0.9      3.4
2012:    20         17.8       2.5       2.8     29.26
2013:    20         18.2       2.2       3.6     11.12              2.9      2.7     1.0      1.2

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1728&SeasonID=ALL
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=2007109

How did we all rate Titch's year?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:42:06 AM »
l would rate him with my 12 gauge. how this guy survived all these years stuns me. anyone will have a good day once a year, When all the other players are worn out.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »
Monk your wrong dont you to games to see those elusive quick hands that we saw round 15, 2007. Amazing

Small forward role should be a role played by Paul P and Breust.

Edwards is a teachers pet because there is no other way he is getting a game

His year 1/10
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 07:26:42 AM »
Would probable give Shane a 3 or 4, I honestly thought that if he were to have a break out year this would of been it. As TM has said, one good year is all Shane has had.

While I am very disappointed and I would of liked to see Shane improve as I backed him in the entire year without bagging him at all his lack of improvement really reinforces what I have been saying for years about him.

I hate to say I  told you so but..... :whistle

We should of traded Shane when he had that decent year, instead we re-signed him...people are complaining about picking up Hampson, in all honesty you should be complaining about the club continuing to carry Edwards for so many years with very little in return.

Anyway, he is still in he team for next year so lets hope he can actually improve..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 07:36:56 AM »
Monk your wrong dont you to games to see those elusive quick hands that we saw round 15, 2007. Amazing

Small forward role should be a role played by Paul P and Breust.

Edwards is a teachers pet because there is no other way he is getting a game

His year 1/10

How could l forget it was against hawthorn & we got smashed after halftime. Edwards & Bowden passing the ball for cheap possessions  ;D

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:40:52 AM »
Would probable give Shane a 3 or 4, I honestly thought that if he were to have a break out year this would of been it. As TM has said, one good year is all Shane has had.

While I am very disappointed and I would of liked to see Shane improve as I backed him in the entire year without bagging him at all his lack of improvement really reinforces what I have been saying for years about him.

We should of traded Shane when he had that decent year, instead we re-signed him...people are complaining about picking up Hampson, in all honesty you should be complaining about the club continuing to carry Edwards for so many years with very little in return.

Anyway, he is still in he team for next year so lets hope he can actually improve..

You think he may take some advise from Jackson or maybe he could get bumped off in Rio  :biglaugh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »

:chuck

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »
I totally understand people's thoughts on Shane and I tend to agree on most things but I cannot help and think the DH didn't do him many favours this year. That small forward roll that he played so well in '12 is a really difficult possition to play but if you are getting chopped and changed all the time it's even harder. Swapping on ball, playing on the wing and then moving forward is hard for even the elite player in the AFL.
IMO you either sit him in the forward pocket and tell him to kick you a couple a game and set up a couple, and reside to the fact he isn't going to get 20 touches or you play him as that hybrid type that DH did this year and get what we got. Edwards is a pretty talented player but he is no Trent Cotchin, play him where he will cause the most damage and IMO it's close to goal under Jacks feet. And that probably means Jack plays closer to goal too.
Dimma, IMO try's to be a little cute for my liking, play players where they hurt the opposition the most. Jack doesn't hurt anyone on the wings or even across half forward.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »
Good theory Tone. Agree 100%

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »
I also agree tone.

F50 player for me. Has some pace and can really leap for marks. Shouldn't be in the midfield.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »

:chuck

Did you wake up and look in the mirror coach????

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 10:36:25 AM »
On topic thanks, guy.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
F50
B50
Middle
Wing
U blokes are kidding yourselves.

Ever thought maybe he is a c grader at best and all currency has gone, much like his mate Nahas.

Give me Paul P or Bruest, Elliot  anyway of the week.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »

LMAO you have been blowing smoke up his arse for at least half of the year