Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?  (Read 3872 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »
One of those strange players you get from time to time that's in that twilight zone of being just one step below gun and just one step above dud. Ideal trade bait for mine but alas, in typical RFC fashion, we'll hang on to him until he's worth nothing.

So what to do with Calamity Shane?  To me he's the most blatantly obvious "super-sub" candidate on the list and should be utilised in the role as much as possible - as the freshest player on the ground those party tricks might actually start to pay off more than once in every half-dozen matches and the nearly man just might finally become the gamebreaker his fanboy apologists would have everyone believe he was always going to be. (yep just wait until he hits that second decade of his AFL career - then you'll all see!)

Of course this would require the kind of out-of-the-box lateral thinking (though it really isn't) that the player's bestest pal, ol' Dimmer Switch seems to be averse to, so I'm not holding my breath.

Agree with the first two paragraphs they make a lot of sense.

Unfortunately the third is just a cheap shot at the coach who has got our club out of the pooheap of mediocrity
Hold off on the Dimma statue just for now, only thing I can remember is we lost our last game against a poo side after being 30 points up. He has only done what any half decent coach should have been able to do in four years with our club. Ken Hinkley has done what Dimma has taken four seasons to do..
And their list doesn't have Cotchin, Lids, Martin and Jack.
It's not a cheap shot, it's reality.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »
One of those strange players you get from time to time that's in that twilight zone of being just one step below gun and just one step above dud. Ideal trade bait for mine but alas, in typical RFC fashion, we'll hang on to him until he's worth nothing.

So what to do with Calamity Shane?  To me he's the most blatantly obvious "super-sub" candidate on the list and should be utilised in the role as much as possible - as the freshest player on the ground those party tricks might actually start to pay off more than once in every half-dozen matches and the nearly man just might finally become the gamebreaker his fanboy apologists would have everyone believe he was always going to be. (yep just wait until he hits that second decade of his AFL career - then you'll all see!)

Of course this would require the kind of out-of-the-box lateral thinking (though it really isn't) that the player's bestest pal, ol' Dimmer Switch seems to be averse to, so I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately the third is just a cheap shot at the coach who has got our club out of the pooheap of mediocrity
Hold off on the Dimma statue just for now, only thing I can remember is we lost our last game against a poo side after being 30 points up. He has only done what any half decent coach should have been able to do in four years with our club. Ken Hinkley has done what Dimma has taken four seasons to do..

Adelaide have some decent players & were in front of us before they lost key players to other clubs & injury. People are forgetting we had a lot of injuries at the business end of the season. Some of them players have had operations already. Its unfortunate but that's footy & we lack 2nd tier players which we will build on in the next 2 years with our divorce from Coburg.
Dimma can only do so much in a year when rebuilding a club. If they go overboard in 1 hit. It can send a club crashing which we all know well. Just look what Wallace did to the club & he still believes that he knows what his talking about TAC & club list management. He could not hold his penis in his hand correctly that tosser ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:35 PM »

Reality is we made the finals for the first time in 12 years

gerkin greg

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
He could not hold his penis in his hand correctly that tosser ;D

:lol classic

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 02:25:47 PM »
when did pual poopoolo become a gun lmfao that guy sucks

should have traded shedwards to adelaide for a ruck  :shh