Author Topic: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)  (Read 9524 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Choco block: Tiges may step in (Age)
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
Saints only want 3 years so they can then hand a primed playing list over to Harvey

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »
Saints only want 3 years so they can then hand a primed playing list over to Harvey
They'd prefer 2 so they can knife him in the back mid-contract.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 02:13:27 PM »
Fingers crossed nobody budges and he stays.

Seriously though you'd think RFC had planned for this the very moment we landed him.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:09 PM »
Fingers crossed nobody budges and he stays.

Seriously though you'd think RFC had planned for this the very moment we landed him.
End of the day we were lucky to get him for a year. Could have got the GWS job last year and we wouldn't have got him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »
Williams firms for Saints job as Richardson says no

Ashley Browne 
afl.com.au
November 12, 2013 6:55 PM

PORT Adelaide's 2004 premiership coach Mark Williams remains the firm favourite to become the next coach of St Kilda after Alan Richardson again indicated he would not seek the position.

The Saints were hopeful that Richardson would apply for the position and it is understood there was contact between the club and Port's head of coaching and strategy in Adelaide over the weekend.

But he released a statement on the Port Adelaide website late on Tuesday, stating yet again he was not interested replacing Scott Watters at St Kilda.

"I have made it clear I have no interest in the St Kilda coaching position," Richardson said.

"I am not being interviewed, as suggested, and am very happy in my role at Port Adelaide."

Richardson has been director of coaching and strategy for the Power for the last 12 months after working at Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs, and the club has been thrilled with the partnership he formed with senior coach Ken Hinkley. The pair, both in their first year with Port, guided the club to an unlikely sixth-place finish in 2013.

The Saints want to have the position filled by next Monday so that the new coach can represent the club at meetings between the coaches and the AFL next week and then attend the NAB AFL Draft next Thursday on the Gold Coast.

Williams, head of development at Richmond for the past 12 months, presented well for the St Kilda position late last week, while also interviewed were Sandringham VFL coach Simon McPhee and assistant coach Adam Kingsley, another with ties to the Power.

Sources close to the Saints say it is not correct that Williams is seeking a five-year deal from the Saints and it is believed he would accept a three or four-year arrangement, which is what St Kilda will offer.

The only coach from five years ago still in charge at the same club is Hawthorn's Alastair Clarkson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-12/richardson-ruled-out

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »
Cotch, when interviewed today, was talking as if Choco could be going  :-\.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »
St Kilda circles Richmond assistant Mark Williams for top job

Grant Baker
    November 12, 2013 6:11PM

MARK Williams continues to firm as favourite for the top job at St Kilda, with the club believed to have completed interviews with all candidates.

It is understood the club has had discussions with Williams about terms as it searches to replace Scott Watters.

But the club has closely guarded the identity of another viable candidate, believed to be working as an assistant coach at another club.

St Kilda's internal candidates - Simon McPhee and Adam Kinglsey - are understood to have impressed during the selection process but are not thought to be in the running for the senior role.

Club great Robert Harvey - an assistant coach at Collingwood - ruled himself out of the running over the weekend.

Port Adelaide director of coaching Alan Richardson quickly quashed a rumour he was still in the running for the job.

"I have made it clear I have no interest in the St Kilda coaching position," Richardson said.

St Kilda remains confident it will have a senior coach in place for the start of full-squad pre-season training on Monday.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-circles-richmond-assistant-mark-williams-for-top-job/story-fnelctok-1226758480543

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
Yet some of u were touching yourselves at the thought they would choose those other no names

The reason is we won't replace leppa and choco is maybe cause there's no one descent left

What a debacle. We waited and waited and now are screwed and now 2 men short heading into pre season

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2013, 06:35:49 AM »
Yet some of u were touching yourselves at the thought they would choose those other no names

The reason is we won't replace leppa and choco is maybe cause there's no one descent left

What a debacle. We waited and waited and now are screwed and now 2 men short heading into pre season

Sets us up for a crap year.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2013, 08:00:44 AM »
It's a shame hardwick is so incapable
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2013, 08:34:44 AM »

are you saying we should have replaced choco months ago?
-----------------------
Bents, this is what i was talking about.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »

Interesting to here the response...
-----------------------
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2013, 09:17:44 AM »

-----------------------

did i say we should've replaced choco months ago? Your clutching there pal as usual. Im not claw your  malakaias doesn't work with me.

i said we waited and waited in that highly fanced assistants like tudor and even to a lesser extent Craig and Brown who were also around the mark and available when leppa left but in our wildest wisdom we did nothing. Choco soon to go and now some of you and the club are tearing up cause the saints poached choco and talk of a farcical road block.  Please.

The club is only peeed off cause they were left wanting and didnt act  sooner when leppa left instead of saying "we are not going to replace him" My question is why not?" we had money in the coffers and other donations so why would we think an assistant less would be the right way to go

1 man down you can handle  but 2 man down makes you start asking questions. Spent time signing up those mclovin spud from stkilda where after leppa was signed we shouldve kicked into gear. We pay our FTF fund to clear the debt so we can get the best and IMO we dont have the best at the minute.

Also if as some of you have said the club was well prepared for choco leaving then why would they not replace leppa? Surely 1 man down with the possibility of another going esp with the stkilda rumours persisting, would make you act quicker. Not at punt road.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

gerkin greg

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »
Going on a head count we are more staffed than last year

If Choco goes we're back to level neville

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Going on a head count we are more staffed than last year

If Choco goes we're back to level neville

Not Richmond's fault either.

They did the hard work to get Choco to Tigerland.
Saints inept and poach him right when we need him as our preseason starts.

Not happy Jan.