Author Topic: Peggy O'Neal on 3AW / Tigers must make finals in 2014 or year will be a failure  (Read 3024 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I've merged these two thread together.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
What happens if we don't make the finals in a no excuses year....will Miss Peggy resign?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
What happens if we don't make the finals in a no excuses year....will Miss Peggy resign?

Miss Peggy huh.
Oh well I suppose one can't expect better from someone nicknamed after vomiting.

the claw

if we fail to make finals and imo there is just as good a chance we wont make it as we will make it. will she fall on her sword.
i hate stupid ill informed comments from those who have no idea.
oh i get it its pre season and we have to sell memberships. still a silly comment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
If we fail to make finals miss penny should be first plane back to the states

Gigantor

so Peggy should step down on the basis of one statement???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

i hate stupid ill informed comments from those who have no idea.

Don't we all but I digress  ::)

But Are you saying our president has no idea? And if you are with to regard to what exactly?

Outside of you claw most people on this site have been saying they are expecting finals even top 4 anything else and the season will be deemed a failure.

president has said tHe same thing which she should and it's what most supporters would expect
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

i think we could miss finals and hardwick will start to feel the blowtorch in terms of keeping his job.if he makes the eight even 8th would be a massive success IMHO.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Im just bummed we cant give Claw every admin position at the club.   :(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Im just bummed we cant give Claw every admin position at the club.   :(

Your Avatar is just nasty... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
A well-spoken, astute, woman and street wise to media interviews. What a great addition to our list of presidents!
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Rampstar

A well-spoken, astute, woman and street wise to media interviews. What a great addition to our list of presidents!

not so street wise in this media interview, they set her up for the big statement and she gave them the finals quote. she should have given them nuffin.

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist

not so street wise in this media interview, they set her up for the big statement and she gave them the finals quote. she should have given them nuffin.

LOL, perfect answer IMO, a measured and realistic approach.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
"I think a pass mark is we have to play finals, but we'd like to do a little bit better than that."

"While we did play a final this year, we all hoped that we would win that and go a little bit deeper into the finals campaign. So, I think a pass mark is we have to get into finals again, and we have to win one."

There is not one mention of the word 'failure' in the whole article.

Yet we see a Headline like this, "Tigers must make finals in 2014 or year will be a failure"?

Typical sensationalist/ negative journalism that has sucked a few in on this site to think that she has made outlandish comment when the whole football public sees it as bleeding obvious.