Author Topic: Peggy O'Neal on 3AW / Tigers must make finals in 2014 or year will be a failure  (Read 3012 times)

tony_montana

we should be aiming for finals, and be bitterly disappointed if we don't make it.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I reckon she must read OER and bookmark your posts WAT!   ;D

:thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
"I think a pass mark is we have to play finals, but we'd like to do a little bit better than that."

"While we did play a final this year, we all hoped that we would win that and go a little bit deeper into the finals campaign. So, I think a pass mark is we have to get into finals again, and we have to win one."

There is not one mention of the word 'failure' in the whole article.

Yet we see a Headline like this, "Tigers must make finals in 2014 or year will be a failure"?

Typical sensationalist/ negative journalism that has sucked a few in on this site to think that she has made outlandish comment when the whole football public sees it as bleeding obvious.

But Peggy does mention the term "pass mark" being playing finals, so by extension if you don't achieve your pass mark it's reasonable to assume you've failed  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
WGAF what she said????
Has no impact on anything.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Disappointed she hasn't slammed the AFL over issues such as the fact we're the only "Big 4" club that never plays the other three twice, despite having superior drawing power to two of them, the ridiculously generous compo pick Collingwood received for Thomas that was at our immediate expense or our zero compo for a 100-gamer who was a first 22 player by the end of his tenure and who's the same age as Thomas.

Was hoping we finally had a president who wasn't afraid to publicly stand up for the club and publicly criticise the powers-that-be for constantly shafting us and taking us for granted. whilst apparently favouring others. With our membership numbers and attendences, not to mention the crowd at the EF that was there for all to see, I would've thought we'd have some considerable ammunition now.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
"Apparently" is probably the best thing you said there.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Disappointed she hasn't slammed the AFL over issues such as the fact we're the only "Big 4" club that never plays the other three twice, despite having superior drawing power to two of them, the ridiculously generous compo pick Collingwood received for Thomas that was at our immediate expense or our zero compo for a 100-gamer who was a first 22 player by the end of his tenure and who's the same age as Thomas.

Was hoping we finally had a president who wasn't afraid to publicly stand up for the club and publicly criticise the powers-that-be for constantly shafting us and taking us for granted. whilst apparently favouring others. With our membership numbers and attendences, not to mention the crowd at the EF that was there for all to see, I would've thought we'd have some considerable ammunition now.
I'm glad you're not President. That's not the way of getting what you want....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
....and yet it's worked a treat for Collingwood for the last 15 years.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

I'm glad you're not President. That's not the way of getting what you want....

The current method isn't working

We ate continually slammed

No compensation from Williams
No compensation for white
Having to play drug cheats on the eve of finals in ridiculous circumstances

The list goes on seemly forever. Tortoise on tortoise

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Bingo spot on

Doubt you will get a reply on that response

I still can't get out of my head the fact they avoided the away strip and its only due to eddie
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
That's one of your better posts Bents.  Spelling and grammar = 100% correct, no errors!     :clapping

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Bingo spot on

Doubt you will get a reply on that response

I still can't get out of my head the fact they avoided the away strip and its only due to eddie
That's because it's not worthy of a response......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.