Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228050 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2015, 12:31:47 AM »
claw, do you rate anybody at the club highly?

He's played five games, and I think he was the sub quite a bit yeah?

Once he puts more weight on (in the right areas - IE LEGS) and develops physically (properly develops, not just slamming on summer-muscle) he will get quicker. Just needs to build some strength in the quads etc.

Don't need to be quick to be effective. Realistically the HBF/Wing should have been Matt White's. Epic F-U by RFC.

No it wasn't, bit part player who makes a token appearance in highlight reels

Need a bloke who can run and carry. White did a good job of that when told to do so. Wanted 2 years, offered 1, left.

Hampson, can tap in the ruck. Otherwise great for staring blankly and blankly staring. Offered 3 years.

Perspective...

On Hampson we agree, massive f up by RFC

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
I never realised they televised all the VFL games into WA?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2015, 08:46:19 AM »
I never realised they televised all the VFL games into WA?

:shh :shh

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
IMO If in time he cant play thru the midfield as an almost permanent fixture  he wont make it. oh stuff it ill call it as i see it. slow, cant find enough of his own  ball,  soft. three major concerns. those of you who will come on here now and defend him,  tell me what attributes he has to offset these things and what role does his attributes allow him to play.

ffs the kid had knee surgery at the start of last year..

he avg 25 possies a game in TAC,  so he can find the pill. during the carnival he avg 28 with 60% contested.  plays a very similar game as goddard.

im starting to think you just make stuff up for the sake of laying into players or coaches or anything at all concerning richmond..
gotta say these over the top reactions are hilarious.i take it from this reaction ben lennopn has no weaknesses and if he does we should not be discussing them.
for me hes been a very disappointing first rnd pick to date. in saying that im more than happy to jusdge him in 3 yrs time but in the mean time i will criticise him and voice what i see as his weaknesses.
over the top! sh#t    i would have thought writing a kid off after 7 games, 5 of which he started as sub, as over the top!

AND yes of course hes got weeknesses, he's 19yo ffs. 

i try to ignore your posts mostly, but occasionally you say such idiotic things that you need to be corrected. i have read your choices of players to draft over the years, on here and other forums, and i would rather trust FJ

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2015, 10:38:55 AM »
Jeez
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »
Not your best work Craw. Bengal just pwned you good and proper. Best you put tail between pegs and move on
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2015, 12:51:07 PM »
IMO If in time he cant play thru the midfield as an almost permanent fixture  he wont make it. oh stuff it ill call it as i see it. slow, cant find enough of his own  ball,  soft. three major concerns. those of you who will come on here now and defend him,  tell me what attributes he has to offset these things and what role does his attributes allow him to play.

he avg 25 possies a game in TAC,  so he can find the pill. during the carnival he avg 28 with 60% contested.  plays a very similar game as goddard.

im starting to think you just make stuff up for the sake of laying into players or coaches or anything at all concerning richmond..
gotta say these over the top reactions are hilarious.i take it from this reaction ben lennopn has no weaknesses and if he does we should not be discussing them.
for me hes been a very disappointing first rnd pick to date. in saying that im more than happy to jusdge him in 3 yrs time but in the mean time i will criticise him and voice what i see as his weaknesses.
over the top! sh#t    i would have thought writing a kid off after 7 games, 5 of which he started as sub, as over the top!

AND yes of course hes got weeknesses, he's 19yo ffs. 

i try to ignore your posts mostly, but occasionally you say such idiotic things that you need to be corrected. i have read your choices of players to draft over the years, on here and other forums, and i would rather trust FJ
I'd believe you if your avatar wasn't Shane Edwards :whistle
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
claw, do you rate anybody at the club highly?

He's played five games, and I think he was the sub quite a bit yeah?

Once he puts more weight on (in the right areas - IE LEGS) and develops physically (properly develops, not just slamming on summer-muscle) he will get quicker. Just needs to build some strength in the quads etc.

Don't need to be quick to be effective. Realistically the HBF/Wing should have been Matt White's. Epic F-U by RFC.

No it wasn't, bit part player who makes a token appearance in highlight reels

Need a bloke who can run and carry. White did a good job of that when told to do so. Wanted 2 years, offered 1, left.

Hampson, can tap in the ruck. Otherwise great for staring blankly and blankly staring. Offered 3 years.

Perspective...

On Hampson we agree, massive f up by RFC

They'll give him a contact extension too, 80% due to protecting arses of those who drafted him in the first place and 20% out of blind hope that he comes good
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
Lack of pace notwithstanding, at worst Lennon will be a better version of Mitch Morton.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »
To early ,but must say not convinced on him considering pick he was a pick 12. Looks to casual and one paced.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »

I agree with you, he won't make it. Has no standout attributes for mine
i said if his game cant translate to him becoming a mid he wont make it big difference to saying he isnt good enough and wont make it.
i would have thought that was as plain as day yet there are some around here who read into posts what they like. it makes one wonder about their intelligence at times because they clearly have no comprehension skills.yet they have a hide to have a go at my gramma.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:41:02 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
Snip ... Debate without the insults   :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »
Snip ... Debate without the insults   :banghead
you have my apolgies wp. for myself i was just returning fire. i feel i would not have had a need to if some things were nipped in the bud a bit quicker.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »
Lack of pace notwithstanding, at worst Lennon will be a better version of Mitch Morton.

Goal sense?
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »

Goal sense?

Yes - he plays his best football up forward.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.