Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228800 times)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »
i think the kid can play. Still just finding his way in the game and he showed many times last year in the vfl and afl his exceptional talent.

1st kick  =  goal

Gigantor

« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »
Whether he turns out good or bad only time will tell,but to write him off after just one season and his first in senior ranks is absurd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »
i think the kid can play. Still just finding his way in the game and he showed many times last year in the vfl and afl his exceptional talent.

1st kick  =  goal

Often looked a class above in the VFL last year.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2015, 02:42:59 AM »
Big year for him - obviously not expecting him to set the world on fire, but hoping to see some good signs bc as of right now, (imo)the only thing hes shown is he's a good kick of the footy - that's it. Needs to show more.
in hindsight i wish tm that your post is how i communicated my thoughts,  basically it was all i originally  did say. funny the different reactions to different posters.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2015, 07:33:37 AM »
IMO If in time he cant play thru the midfield as an almost permanent fixture  he wont make it. oh stuff it ill call it as i see it. slow, cant find enough of his own  ball,  soft. three major concerns. those of you who will come on here now and defend him,  tell me what attributes he has to offset these things and what role does his attributes allow him to play.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2015, 03:06:56 PM »
Lennon's learning ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-03-09/lennons-learnings

* I really like the half back role.  I like watching the ball unfold in front of me and being able to be attacking as well. It’s a really good spot but you need to be quite defensive as well. I’ve obviously still got a long way to go but I’m really enjoying it.

* The Bulldogs game was really good testing out what I’d learned over the summer in a pre-season game. There was a few really good things and a few things I need to keep working on. It was good to blow the cobwebs out.”

* I had a hairline fracture which was obviously a bit more severe than what they first thought [Ben had hip surgery]. I couldn’t really do much for the first four weeks and when I came back it was a lot of swimming and bike. Throughout that time I was working pretty closely with Chris Newman, which was really good from my development.  I learnt a lot off him.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-09/back-the-way-forward-for-lennon

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »
I reckon this kid is going to be all class sometime over the next few years. Mitchell-esque in the way he doesn't need pace just insane skills to go with a good football brain. Although he will be more of a forward/fill in midfielder unlike Mitchell

Mitchell oozes courage.

One of the gutsiest players in the competition

Lennon won't be the gutsiest players in the league but given time and confidence I believe he will learn when to go in hard and have the courage to do so. Just needs some time

i will say though and say i was wrong concerning his weight. he has had good gains and starts the yr at 84kg which is very close to where he needs to get.

Told you

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
The guy is pure silk with his kicking skills. Can't wait for him to get match hardened and experienced.

I'm not sure what people are expecting of a 19 year old boy.

Just as a reminder, the best player in the AFL, GAJ, took several years before he became consistent. Not saying Ben will hit those levels but people should at least give him 3 to 4 years to hit his straps.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
Will be better than Ablett Jr. by a considerable margin.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »

Can I have some of the stuff your taking Dio?  Must be pretty good stuff! ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »

Just get on him for the Browlow and come September you'll be able to buy as much as you like.

- Thomas Sowell

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »

Just get on him for the Browlow and come September you'll be able to buy as much as you like.
:lol

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2015, 10:06:14 AM »
Not sure about Lennon. Where does he fit in ? Maybe as a lead up HFF ? Seems to slow to play in the backline and mid.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
Called it from the very beginning. Kid is a dud and won't make it

Tickets on himself too
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland