Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228873 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: August 28, 2016, 09:14:10 AM »
Pathetic footballer full of excuses
Watching him yesterday at Punt Rd
Takes easiest option
Doesn't work hard enough
End of Story
You seem like a good passionate Tiger Jack but HTF can you stick up for players like Hunt, Grigg, Houli and Hampson but want to rag on kids like Lennon? Who has had some injury problems. I'm not always that compassionate about players always injuried (Griff and Astbury) because I think they are weak and don't have AFL standard bodies (and minds) but sometimes kids in their first few years need the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I'd be happy to see him traded if it meant we don't lose pick 6 but not because I don't think Lennon can still make it as an decent AFL player. Sometimes to get something decent you have to give something decent.
But what I know needs to happen is CHANGE!
I'd start delisting today. Even paying players out if I had too.

We need at least 4 or 5 picks inside the first 30 IMO and to do that we need to FO some of the guys who continue to let this once great club down.

You miss the point , Houli Hunt and Grigg can actually play
We need to clean out players ranked 22-32 to the list and replace them with players than can push into the starting 22
Pointless keeping players who are ranked 22-32 on the list
Lennon is a shocker in my book
Watched him yesterday
Couldn't  bruise an apple

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1381 on: August 28, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
Pathetic footballer full of excuses
Watching him yesterday at Punt Rd
Takes easiest option
Doesn't work hard enough
End of Story
You seem like a good passionate Tiger Jack but HTF can you stick up for players like Hunt, Grigg, Houli and Hampson but want to rag on kids like Lennon? Who has had some injury problems. I'm not always that compassionate about players always injuried (Griff and Astbury) because I think they are weak and don't have AFL standard bodies (and minds) but sometimes kids in their first few years need the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I'd be happy to see him traded if it meant we don't lose pick 6 but not because I don't think Lennon can still make it as an decent AFL player. Sometimes to get something decent you have to give something decent.
But what I know needs to happen is CHANGE!
I'd start delisting today. Even paying players out if I had too.

We need at least 4 or 5 picks inside the first 30 IMO and to do that we need to FO some of the guys who continue to let this once great club down.

You miss the point , Houli Hunt and Grigg can actually play
We need to clean out players ranked 22-32 to the list and replace them with players than can push into the starting 22
Pointless keeping players who are ranked 22-32 on the list
Lennon is a shocker in my book
Watched him yesterday
Couldn't  bruise an apple
You're totally wrong Jack. Lennon was one of the best juniors that has played. He can play. Due to multiple injuries, confidence and form as well as one of the worst game plans ever, he is not playing well now. His upside is huge.
Those others are average players. As senior players, they set the tone. And the tone has been putrid. They are also on the downslope in there physical abilities. They also panic under pressure and turnover the ball regularly.
They may be playing better than an out of form Lennon currently but it would hardly take much for Lennon to overtake them.
Those seniors are to blame for our year. You don't blame juniors for our predicament. The seniors like Grigg, Houli, B Ellis, Hunt, Edwards added to Hardwick's unplayable game plan are to blame for our situation.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1382 on: August 28, 2016, 10:25:48 AM »
Yep and Richard Tambling was one of the best juniors of all time
But didn't become a star
Seriously Lennon?
You watch him yesterday ?
VFL listed players can play better than him

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1383 on: August 28, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »
Lennon will never become a star or even a good player
Wrong attitude
Hey lets do forget the spat with Choco about the beard
That's funny
He thinks he is star already
Never will be

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: August 28, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »
Lennon will never become a star or even a good player
Wrong attitude
Hey lets do forget the spat with Choco about the beard
That's funny
He thinks he is star already
Never will be
Choco was out of line with the beard thing. Way out of line. Does he tell Dusty to take off his tatts?
Does he tell Houli to shave his off? Remember, Houli didn't have a beard for the first few years of his career.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1385 on: August 28, 2016, 10:37:32 AM »
Choco with the slutshaming  :lol

I bet he tells Ellis not to wear his dress above the knee too

Lmfao triggered
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: August 28, 2016, 10:43:31 AM »
Dusty is good enough to do whatever he wants.

Houli has proven himself an AFL standard player.

Lennon has done diddly squat and probably got the same criticism Jack Watts got for having a beard growing competition at Melbourne when they were all poo. Cut the games and focus on football you fringe player

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1387 on: August 28, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
Lennon has skills to burn but no ticker for the hard stuff. Doesn't want it enough. Trade!!!!!

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #1388 on: August 28, 2016, 10:58:01 AM »
Lennon has skills to burn but no ticker for the hard stuff. Doesn't want it enough. Trade!!!!!

Correct
Glad someone watches the game

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1389 on: August 28, 2016, 10:59:56 AM »

Correct
Glad someone watches the game
Watched him closely yesterday. We were a class above Coburg but Lennon was just cruisin. On the other hand we need to draft KK - This kid is DYNAMITE!!!!

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: August 28, 2016, 11:03:53 AM »
Dusty is good enough to do whatever he wants.

Houli has proven himself an AFL standard player.

Lennon has done diddly squat and probably got the same criticism Jack Watts got for having a beard growing competition at Melbourne when they were all poo. Cut the games and focus on football you fringe player
Where are the laws that state what you have to achieve to be allowed to grow a beard? Sorry, but your post is the biggest lot of rubbish I have read.
A beard is personal grooming. It has nothing to do with football. If he wants to grow a beard, that is independent of anything football. Kamdyn has a beard. Why is he allowed to have one? Choco has no right to tell players what they can or cannot do with their personal grooming. Unless the club has written laws of what and what is not acceptable and the playing group has agreed to this, then he should have concentrated on getting Lennon training hard and doing the physical drills to get his body right.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: August 28, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »
why do people defend blokes for not having a red hot dip?

It is the one thing where all players are potentially equal, it is not pre determined by genetics like ability, and with those that are lacking, the only thing to blame is themselves.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1392 on: August 28, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »
I would trade Lennon no problems. Trade him out this year before his value drops 12 months drown the track. We should receive a late 1st round pick or a player like Steele/Stewart in return. I cant see him making it at the Tigers so lets see what we can get.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1393 on: August 28, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »
"Effort is non-negotiable. It's hard for me to interact with players who don't give themselves completely. The weak don't interest me." - Diego Simeone.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1394 on: August 28, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
Somethings smells, Lennon has the skills and ability to be a top 10 player at the club but Looks like he doesn't want to be there. He has been behind the 8 ball all year with injuries.
Could it be that he's going elsewhere and his heart had left on a plane some time ago
Hope I'm wrong, and  he has a big pre season but I'm leaning towards the idea that he will be traded