Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228803 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1500 on: September 01, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
Rance shows how to go about when everything else is poo.

Cotchin, even when playing poor has a dip.

Martin has improved his work rate and application every year.

Miles never stops trying.

Even Jack at his worst doesn't just stand by watching a team mate outnumbered at the contest.

Maric's greatest asset, when fit, was his willingness for the contest.

So there are some that lead by example

but in a round a bout way who have admitted his attitude and application isnt up scratch.

Unlike you, i don't pick one or two out of the many that are the same and give them dispensation.

Each and every one of them is responsible for the things they can control. Application and work rate is the one thing that every one can control.
Rance? Yep. Cotchin? Were you watching the last two EFs? Martin? At the same stage was very lazy. Has only improved defensively in the last 2 years and even then does not bust a gut chasing. Miles? Great inside but he rarely chases hard and that's why he was dropped. Did you see Jack's efforts against Sydney? He was terrible. Maric was good but is cooked so doesn't make efforts for other reasons.

So apart from Rance they are poor examples IMHO.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1501 on: September 01, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
:lol @ hardwick not allowing him to be an unaccountable prima dona being the problem
exactly, my new attitude is this...What would Leigh Mathews do?  stuff him off.  You put in or you stuff off.  This club should be for footballers not peeant primadonnas.  Blokes who will have a crack every single time not sit their stewing in their estrogen about their birthrights.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1502 on: September 01, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »
Lennon tac coach said hea the best kick he's seen since Buckley

The kid was very good in stages last year

Why are you trying to purposely deny his class penny
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1503 on: September 01, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
exactly, my new attitude is this...What would Leigh Mathews do?  stuff him off.  You put in or you stuff off.  This club should be for footballers not peeant primadonnas.  Blokes who will have a crack every single time not sit their stewing in their estrogen about their birthrights.
If we had Matthews all the team would either be working harder or all of them bar Rance would have been shown the door.... :whistle

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1504 on: September 01, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »
bs,
Lennon would still be leaving in any case. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1505 on: September 01, 2016, 09:43:24 AM »
Rance shows how to go about when everything else is poo.

Cotchin, even when playing poor has a dip.

Martin has improved his work rate and application every year.

Miles never stops trying.

Even Jack at his worst doesn't just stand by watching a team mate outnumbered at the contest.

Maric's greatest asset, when fit, was his willingness for the contest.

So there are some that lead by example

but in a round a bout way who have admitted his attitude and application isnt up scratch.

Unlike you, i don't pick one or two out of the many that are the same and give them dispensation.

Each and every one of them is responsible for the things they can control. Application and work rate is the one thing that every one can control.

The problem with this argument is your ignoring he's generally a lot better at football, with a far higher ceiling than other that apparently don't try yet are on th knees for Dimma - Griggs/hunts/Morris/amoore

Trying doesn't matter If your Shyte
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1506 on: September 01, 2016, 09:45:27 AM »
bs,
BS?
Do you think that if we had Matthews that all the players would not be all working harder? Hardwick is weak when it comes to setting standards of what is required by a player to get senior selection.

Exhibit A: Vickery.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1507 on: September 01, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »
Not trying means you are an even worse waste of space especially if you have talent to burn apparently.  There is an old military saying, you take the queens penny, you do the queens work.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1508 on: September 01, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »
Ww1 everyone in charge was first cousins... The queen can suck my balls.  :shh. I wonder what hem blokes would of thought bout conscription.

The problem is the like of grigg doesn't try and is Shyte

Lennon apparently doesn't try. It has some upside.

Id argue he's used to try - but has cracked it last month or so proabley at hardwick for being a Shyte moron lying flog

Generally the list managment and development at tiger land is a very bad joke. Lennon is a fine example.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1509 on: September 01, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
bs,
BS?
Do you think that if we had Matthews that all the players would not be all working harder? Hardwick is weak when it comes to setting standards of what is required by a player to get senior selection.

you are jumping around like leaping lenny atm.  Stick to the point.  The point is, Lennon does not want to be at Richmond.  Lennon you claim, was a great junior.  To date he has shown FA.  He apparently can't be stuffed putting the effort in for the tigers and I heard this from last year as well.  That problem is his not anyone elses.  You seize your chances when you get them to improve your future.  As for BS, yes I call BS because Dustin, Jack, Cotchin and other players work hard not just Rance.  Rance makes mistakes too, lots lately and it is because the team is full of youngsters and D graders making him and the other handful of good players have to do the work of 2 or 3 people.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1510 on: September 01, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
bs,
BS?

you are jumping around like leaping lenny atm.  Stick to the point.  The point is, Lennon does not want to be at Richmond.  Lennon you claim, was a great junior.  To date he has shown FA.  He apparently can't be stuffed putting the effort in for the tigers and I heard this from last year as well.  That problem is his not anyone elses.  You seize your chances when you get them to improve your future.  As for BS, yes I call BS because Dustin, Jack, Cotchin and other players work hard not just Rance.  Rance makes mistakes too, lots lately and it is because the team is full of youngsters and D graders making him and the other handful of good players have to do the work of 2 or 3 people.

Wrong

Te point is why doesn't he want to be at Richmond. More so why has he given up the last few games

We might need an team of elite investigators for this one

His entire senior coaching carrer Dimma-the-flog has gifted games to those that he is find of. Suddenly he flicked the switch an stop playing youth and relied on his flog mates.

As we still didn't win the flag, I'm shocked

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1511 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
No I am right.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1512 on: September 01, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »
Why is a very important part of life

Look deeper

More so when young first rounders are being decked off

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1513 on: September 01, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
And yet you can find a shallow fiscal reason in those depths perhaps

tony_montana

« Reply #1514 on: September 01, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »
stop making excuses for this bloke. He wants out? fine, facilitate it and lets move on. From the outside, his application looks questionable, no one doubts his talent and that will probably see us net reasonable compensation for him. Lets do it and move on instead of moaning how harshly done by he's been