Author Topic: Ben Lennon [merged]  (Read 228056 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Ben Lennon [merged]
« Reply #1515 on: September 01, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »
Plenty of natural footballers don't make it because they simply don't work hard enough. Lennon could make it if his new team can get the best out of him but only if he wants it......so far he expects it rather than earning it. Good luck to the kid and look forward to what we get for him.

good to see someone on here actually gets it

what can I say.  Perhaps another club will give him his birthright and we will just have to miss out on his potential.  It is a shame but what does the club have to do? Beg?
No, not at all. Just play him and develop him in the firsts. Look at Rioli. He wasn't even ready for senior football and played practically every game. He improved heaps because of that. Lennon was ignored by playing hacks that have now been delisted and then played in the twos in the f***ing backline. Ridiculous. Dropped at every opportunity when BEllis and co were given game after game. I just don't blame him for looking for better opportunities elsewhere. We just miss out on a potential jet.

you really want to compare Rioli's efforts to Lennons? Even when he looked out of his depth Rioli busted his gut. Can you say the same about Lennon?
In his first year Lennon was great. A beautiful mark and goal from his first kick and mark against the Demons. He's not the same sort of player as Rioli. He is a sublime talent, a magnificent kick. A great mark for his size. He offers very different skill sets to Rioli. Rioli was told that he was only getting a game because they needed someone to chase the defenders - Hardwick told this to us in June. So you would expect him to bust gut if that's all he was expected to do.
nah, i expect every player to bust a gut, thats what brings success.
in modern professional sport, you cannot make it on talent alone

It seems that Rioli understands this.

not sure if lennon does

"Effort is non-negotiable. It's hard for me to interact with players who don't give themselves completely. The weak don't interest me." - Diego Simeone.

A common theme amongst successful sporting coaches, but you seem to disagree with it?

Simeone also doesn't like hacks

And yet you can find a shallow fiscal reason in those depths perhaps

Plenty of salary cap money for the duds contract extensions but
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1516 on: September 01, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »
stop making excuses for this bloke. He wants out? fine, facilitate it and lets move on. From the outside, his application looks questionable, no one doubts his talent and that will probably see us net reasonable compensation for him. Lets do it and move on instead of moaning how harshly done by he's been

Sounds better than reflecting on the facts the team struggles to kick goals or kick the ball

An we getting rid of the natural fwd, first rounder forward who kicks beautifully.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1517 on: September 01, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »
Who gives a stuff what some simian soccer ponce says.  This is my response
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStuNiouiW4
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1518 on: September 01, 2016, 10:35:47 AM »
Indeed

True sporting insite like Dimmas "grigg is a star", cream and iceberg discussions  is more enjoyable to mull upon

The reply is on now q3: 6:16

SYD 130. RICHMOND 14

Was Lennon playing?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1519 on: September 01, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »
Houli runs with josh Kennedy towards a fwd pocket throw in

Decides to run away from him as the ball goes to Kennedy  :huh

Goal

Q3. 5.42

SYD 136. RIC. 14

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1520 on: September 01, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
More insightful than Zorro's thought fart, which you contradict by making excuses for Lennon
we are talking about Lennon not the others.  I am not defending the others. 

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1521 on: September 01, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Excuses or facts?

The team is Shyte. Lennon is promising.
RFC cannot kick goals. Lennon is a natural forward.
The generally kicking and skills are deplorable. Lennon kick well

There Is another old saying - the truth hurts 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1522 on: September 01, 2016, 12:12:55 PM »
Lennon tac coach said hea the best kick he's seen since Buckley

The kid was very good in stages last year

Why are you trying to purposely deny his class penny
Considering that I have never said he is not talented, never, and have said on a number of occasions that he is talented, but questioned his endeavour and work rate, the only sane conclusion that can be drawn here is that you are mentally challenged.

This is further backed up by how you post a very apt quote from a successful coach about players who dont put in, then do a complete back flip when that is applied to one of your man crush players.

"Effort is non-negotiable. It's hard for me to interact with players who don't give themselves completely. The weak don't interest me." - Diego Simeone.

Remember this?

Why would you post something like this if you dont actually believe it?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1523 on: September 01, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
Excuses or facts?

The team is Shyte. Lennon is promising.
RFC cannot kick goals. Lennon is a natural forward.
The generally kicking and skills are deplorable. Lennon kick well

There Is another old saying - the truth hurts 
Truth?  Lennon wants to go and I say let him go.  No sweat off my sack.  Shoulda, coulda, woulda but doesn't wanna.  If you think that the club is stupid enough to not run a bloke with such epic talent as you tout within three years and yet are able to pull in Miles and Rioli and Oleg Markov etc, and see that they can play straight up then what can I say.  All snide crap aside, do you think they had a vendetta against him?  Moore was sposed to be a top pick too but he came to us from Port for sfa and has been singularly underwhelming.  Tambling, the same.  Sometimes, they just can't make the transition.  A change might help him out as well as us.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1524 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
Say what you like about Lennons apparent attitude problem but the reality is we lost this kid when half step chose a half done Conca over Lennon in last year's elimination final.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1525 on: September 01, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »
Say what you like about Lennons apparent attitude problem but the reality is we lost this kid when half step chose a half done Conca over Lennon in last year's elimination final.
Can't say for an absolute fact but I know from a very good inside source that Dimma was really disappointed with his effort and application on the track leading into the last few rounds and final last year. The fact he was dropped was almost a direct result of this. Poor coaching perhaps but Lennon deserved what he got if that's the truth.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1526 on: September 01, 2016, 02:05:09 PM »
:lol @ hardwick not allowing him to be an unaccountable prima dona being the problem

Yep that's a stuffing clincher :lol :lol

I reckon close to 3/4's of players recruited aren't naturally defensive so if anything I think we are letting them play their natural game too much. Lowest tackling side over a 5-10 year period yet we shouldn't teach them to be defensive :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1527 on: September 01, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »
stop making excuses for this bloke. He wants out? fine, facilitate it and lets move on. From the outside, his application looks questionable, no one doubts his talent and that will probably see us net reasonable compensation for him. Lets do it and move on instead of moaning how harshly done by he's been

Sounds better than reflecting on the facts the team struggles to kick goals or kick the ball

An we getting rid of the natural fwd, first rounder forward who kicks beautifully.

So you think it's okay he's cracked the poo's and stopped trying because he has natural talent. And for that reason you want to keep him. So then we are stuck with a kid who cracks the poo's and is most likely to do it again and we'll be stuck with a talented kid who didn't achieve anything. Then in 5 years time when his values gone we'll be saying what a list clogging bludger he is and why didn't we trade him when he had value.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1528 on: September 01, 2016, 02:16:21 PM »

I reckon. Yep.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1529 on: September 01, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
For those who are saying Lennon has shown nothing, kicked a goal from 50 from boundary line with first kick. Was very important half forward leading up to finals series in which he was dropped harshly for an injured Newman.

Has had some games where he has dominated VFL. Hardly any chances. Need to get some perspective about a player who is 3 years old. 1 of those was his first year, another was a year wrecked by injuries and the other was dropped for finals. Poor development aside. We should be keeping a player like this. Blight on our club. Not surprised.
Go Tigers!