Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 84090 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2014, 02:40:27 AM »
How was he hurt? Didn't see...

Better than King any day of the week.
His head hit the back of Adcock's

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »
What did we all think of Lloyd's game? 12 possies, 5 marks, 3 In50s, 4 tackles and 3 goals.

Goal 1: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-05-04/round-7-lloyd-from-the-boundary
Goal 2: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-05-04/round-7-lloyd-picks-up-the-crumbs

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2014, 11:03:10 PM »
only plays good against top 4 sides. dud delist
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2014, 11:04:29 PM »
Pretty good game. Needs to get involved more but he knows where the stix are and we need that.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Thought he was pretty good. Looked a bit short of a gallop when chasing towards the end of the game but made the most of his attacking opportunities.

the claw

« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2014, 11:21:52 PM »
a foot soldier who is probably the best of his type  we have atm. we do need to look for more class and consistency.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2014, 11:51:07 PM »
Could do with some more pace, strength, endurance etc.

But you can't argue with his ability to find the goals...

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2014, 12:27:40 AM »
Very dangerous with the ball in his hands in front of goal. Just get him a bit of space and he'll nail it every time. Apart from that he's average. He's best 22 fp right now though
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:26 AM »
He will get fitter. Can't deny his class. If we can draft him a speedy partner in crime for next year then we will look far more dangerous.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2014, 03:29:24 AM »
He's ordinary, but he's a better class of "ordinary". Still the kind of player I worry that we'll be "satisfied" with and won't look to upgrade  upon in a few years but looks to be at least a step in the right direction at this early stage. 

....still would've preferred we drafted Byrne-Jones & Marsh with the picks we used on him and Gordon though.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2014, 10:26:02 AM »
He will get fitter. Can't deny his class. If we can draft him a speedy partner in crime for next year then we will look far more dangerous.

Agree, think hes got a touch of class, but coming off a very low or non existant fitness base when compared to afl levels. Hopefully he works hard and gives himself every opportunity of making it. Looks deadly around goal with ball in hand

Rampstar

« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
good squad player IMHO.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
Goal smarts and natural forward above ordinary parts of his hand

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2014, 07:27:54 PM »

Agree, think hes got a touch of class, but coming off a very low or non existant fitness base when compared to afl levels. Hopefully he works hard and gives himself every opportunity of making it. Looks deadly around goal with ball in hand
Yes totally agree with you two. Needs to get heaps fitter but IMO might become a good player for us. We all give first year draftee's time to get fit, at least a couple of pre-seasons, this kid is in the same boat only a little older. Keep playing him if he keeps kicking a few. I was trying to think of a player he may become if he continues to get fitter and stronger and I thought he could be that Medhurst type. Not everybody's favourite but could hurt you if you didn't show him some respect. He won't get 30 touches a week so don't expect it but could definitely hurt you.  Don't gift him games but if he keeps improving keep him in the side. We desperately need help hitting the scoreboard. I also think he has more upside than Gordon.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »
Pretty shrewd pick up this kid , knows how to kick a goal, takes no prisoners either, 3 v cats and pies. Can't wait until he builds a tanks and can rotate through the midfield  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled