Author Topic: Ashes Tour  (Read 13856 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Ashes Tour
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 08:49:43 AM »
Getting on track now - 314 ahead with 3 wickets left, push it above 350 and should be 1 - Nil.  :thumbsup

Ox

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 12:03:46 PM »
I hate the Aussie cricketers and hope that England can win the Ashes. :thumbsup

Bunch of skippy bogan pizzheads.

Nothing better than seeing Ponting and Gilchrists faces after they lose.

LMAOO :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 09:12:22 AM »
U better start hating and hoping a bit harder oxo cubes  :lol

5 - NIL 5 - NIL 5 - NIL

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 08:26:38 PM »
LOL CUB  ;D.

Make an exception for Katich Ox. He barracks for the Tiges  :thumbsup. Good on him too for carrying the Aussies 2nd innings over 350.

It's bloody raining over there now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:02:14 AM »
ONE-NIL  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 05:10:18 PM »
Silly England - their first mistake IMO was trying to talk the talk without having walked the walk ;D

Seriously, stupid statements by the likes of Hoggard eg "The Aussies are past it and are just bullies". Advice for you son - concentrate on your own game - your record against the Aussie's is shocking and you bowled more bad deliveries in this test than good ones.

Pieterson was another - granted he batted well but geesh his catching was deplorable. Dropped a couple of sitters

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
I went down the TAB and put $50 on England to win at Edgbaston @ $5.50 and $50 on England to win the Ashes @ $15 to win up to $1025. IMO those are inflated by at least 50%. I watched this English team last northern summer, and all they need is a start and they will be very very competitive. Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer and Ponting are all out of touch. Gillespie is chucking pies down and Lee is average when the ball isn't swinging.

I still think Australia are favourites - but nowhere near dead certs.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 11:56:29 PM »
Man - They are good odds for a 2 horse race - Still I wont be touching them . :thumbsup

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 12:23:45 PM »
We'll its really a three horse race - England vs. Australia vs. the weather. But yeah, I thought $5.50 and $15 were worth a punt... although an Aussie win at Edgbaston almost certainly means I will walk away with nothing.

I think of it as paying $100 for the promise that Australia will win the Ashes, and if this promise is broken, I get compensated very generously.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 07:25:44 PM »
Was listening to SEN on way in and the grounds keeper at edg said the weather forecast aint looking to good with a wet start and then rain on the 3rd day forecast with a washout wednesday forecast - Poms could draw this one  ;)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 02:50:12 AM »
Good old nightshift - very interesting night of cricket - England all out 407 then in came the rain (Lucky really) as Oz would have had to face a testing last 1/2 hour or so.

Hope McGrath comes up ok - Lee will be the one giving him his spot back if he comes up.

Will be an interesting series from now on if McGrath doesn't come back.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 04:24:35 PM »
The Aussies did well considering the pitch is a batting paradise with no movement or bounce. It could of been even better if it didn't take the ump 3 goes to know what plum LBW was  ::). At 1/160 odd and going at 5 runs an over we could of been stuffed by now. I don't know what Ponting was thinking bowling first  ???.

You've got to love English grounds. So small you can hit a six easily without even looking at the ball  ;D.

The MX today said McGrath expects to be back by the 4th test.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 04:52:58 PM »
The Aussies did well considering the pitch is a batting paradise with no movement or bounce.

Gillespie is shot, should be let out to pasture soon, Lee is just plain stupid. I think he has got carried away with trying to bowl fast. His action suffers because he throws himself at the pitch and batsman rather than standing up straight. As the (self?) annointed enforcer, he bowls far too many bouncers. Yesterday he banged a couple of good ones in, and then when he was going for six, he'd stand there smiling at the batsman. He needs to slow down, and work on getting some movement off the pitch when it isn't swinging... maybe he should look at McGrath at nets.

Kaspa took two wickets within a few overs and was replaced by Gillespie. I remember under Taylor and to some extent Waugh Kaspa would go for entire innings without getting a bowl, but without McGrath, he is probably our most reliable quick.

If McGrath isn't right for Old Trafford, they should drop Lee/Gillespie and bring in  MacGill. We've seen that only Pietersen really knows how to play leg spin bowling.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »
Poor Brett Lee - I reckon he was trying too hard - didn't bowl well.

Warne dropping that catch was pathetic - obviously had sore fingers from all those text messages he sends :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 05:33:39 AM »
I went down the TAB and put $50 on England to win at Edgbaston @ $5.50 and $50 on England to win the Ashes @ $15 to win up to $1025. IMO those are inflated by at least 50%. I watched this English team last northern summer, and all they need is a start and they will be very very competitive. Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer and Ponting are all out of touch. Gillespie is chucking pies down and Lee is average when the ball isn't swinging.

I still think Australia are favourites - but nowhere near dead certs.

Jake your punt's looking strong with Poms in the box seat after day 2. They were getting heaps of movement with the ball especially Jones with his reverse swing both ways.

Once again a LBW decision goes against us. Full ball clearly going down leg side - OUT! ::)

Only Warney can save us now. Sheesh what a ball to bowl Strauss :gobdrop