Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 143932 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rookie pick 27 - Anthony Miles
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2014, 06:58:51 PM »
He is miles ahead of several on the list!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
No pun intended?  ;D very nice yandbb

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »
Watched him play every game when he was at the Giants. In the 10 games he played he had 166 possies and racked up 42 tackles. He gave 100% in every game he played.

It was almost impossible for him to crack a regular midfield spot in a team when you are competing with top 10 draftees who were always given preference. Green, Treloar, Smith, Adams, Shiel, Coniglio, Tyson, Sumner and then throw experienced midfielders in Scully, Ward, Power, McDonald & Palmer. FFS, Geez Geez Superstar would have been languishing in the 2's!!
This is the only reason why Miles had limited game time before coming to us and it wasn't because he was too small. The kid can play and he has one thing you can't teach, Intestinal fortitude.
Something a number of our players are lacking at the moment.

tony_montana

« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »
Watched him play every game when he was at the Giants. In the 10 games he played he had 166 possies and racked up 42 tackles. He gave 100% in every game he played.

It was almost impossible for him to crack a regular midfield spot in a team when you are competing with top 10 draftees who were always given preference. Green, Treloar, Smith, Adams, Shiel, Coniglio, Tyson, Sumner and then throw experienced midfielders in Scully, Ward, Power, McDonald & Palmer. FFS, Geez Geez Superstar would have been languishing in the 2's!!
This is the only reason why Miles had limited game time before coming to us and it wasn't because he was too small. The kid can play and he has one thing you can't teach, Intestinal fortitude.
Something a number of our players are lacking at the moment.

Great post tiga  :clapping

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
 :pray hoping one of our skata players goes on LTI
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
RICHMOND is considering elevating former GWS midfielder Anthony Miles next week as the Tigers run out of chances to turn around their season.

Miles is in contention for elevation for Richmond’s contest against Melbourne after the bye after another prolific VFL game.

He won 37 touches against Geelong’s VFL side on Sunday at Punt Road, with 24 contested touches and a dozen clearances.

And while the Tigers overlooked him to elevate Matt Thomas and Orren Stephenson in the pre-season, Jake King’s toe injury has put the small forward on the long-term injury list.

It frees the path to elevate Miles, who has clearly been the club’s best VFL player of the year.

Miles impressed not only with his clearance ability in the NAB Cup but also with his tidy disposal, with VFL coach Tim Clarke resigned to losing him to the seniors soon.

He played ten games for GWS after being recruited as a zone selection but was delisted at the end of 2013.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick told On The Couch on Monday he believed the season was still alive despite the club’s 2-5 record.

But ruckman Ivan Maric is still as many as three weeks away after ankle surgery.

“If there was a game at VFL level he would play (this weekend) so he’s probably about 2-3 weeks away. He’s an important player. Guys play well around him. You could see with the addition of (Alex) Rance and (Brett) Deledio how we played. We will have a bit of a mini-review and the players are off Thursday and Friday. We look forward to recharging the batteries but the season is still alive.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-consider-upgrading-inform-rookie-and-former-gws-giant-anthony-miles/story-fni5f9jb-1226907885780

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm glad he's 2-3 weeks away, was starting to worry about the consistency of the clubs rhetoric!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Former NSW/ACT captain at U16s and U18s.

Get it done Tiges  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
'Considering' it?

It has to be a done deal mate. Hands down.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Former NSW/ACT captain at U16s and U18s.

Get it done Tiges  :gotigers

Already overqualified
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Considering! Really?

tony_montana

Still not sure on this bloke  :rollin

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Was it Jackstar who said Miles is an absolute dud lucky to be on a list?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Needs to break the 50 touch mark in vfl - to dislodge like shun Grigg.  :shh

tony_montana

Was it Jackstar who said Miles is an absolute dud lucky to be on a list?

:yep