Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144299 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: FINALLY!!! Miles Gets Promoted
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
Did Astbury have a reco WP? havent seen anything mentioned

They didn't say just apologised for him not being there last night

Club website just saying it was surgery to repair a dislocated kneecap

Maybe our resident medico YandBB would know what sort of surgery it is
I doubt he needed an ACL repair too just surgery for the dislocation.  These injuries vary greatly so again without knowing specifics its hard to say. Knee cap or patella dislocation can be quite horrendous for a sportsman. It's not just a matter of putting the patella back because if it was,  players would be back very quickly. Often there is laxity in some of the ligaments that must be corrected. The groove in which the patella slides may need to be bolstered. Occasionally the patella may be fractured so that may need repair too. Rehab is slow an these injuries result in many weeks on the sideline.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
Great news Miles promoted for Astbury. Now to get some games into him & help out the other mids.

Foley will be sub  ;D

Promoted for King

Yes Monk Miles was promoted for Jake

sre you sure  ;D

Oh dear then that is one of the worst decisions the club has made, stall someones career while we have a player who's been out for some games, that can't benefit the club in any way. l see this as another mess.  :banghead

Not sure of your point Monk

Kings on the LTIL for another 6 weeks minimum so we promoted Miles

After that we can retain Miles on the senior list as all clubs can promote a rookie after round 11. So Miles by my reckoning will remain on the senior list for the rest of season 2014  :clapping

Decision club needs to make now is do they promote another player to replace Astbury seeing he is out for the year? (had his surgery yesterday btw missed the player sponsor dinner)

what l mean is they could have promoted him weeks ago but held off for what benefit exactly = none

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: May 21, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »
Has a couple weeks made any difference in the scheme of things

tony_montana

« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2014, 04:37:13 PM »
Did Astbury have a reco WP? havent seen anything mentioned

They didn't say just apologised for him not being there last night

Club website just saying it was surgery to repair a dislocated kneecap

Maybe our resident medico YandBB would know what sort of surgery it is
I doubt he needed an ACL repair too just surgery for the dislocation.  These injuries vary greatly so again without knowing specifics its hard to say. Knee cap or patella dislocation can be quite horrendous for a sportsman. It's not just a matter of putting the patella back because if it was,  players would be back very quickly. Often there is laxity in some of the ligaments that must be corrected. The groove in which the patella slides may need to be bolstered. Occasionally the patella may be fractured so that may need repair too. Rehab is slow an these injuries result in many weeks on the sideline.

Yeah ive heard some players are back playing within 4-6 weeks, others 12 and the unlucky ones season over

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
Following on from an earlier post (i think from the very astute Mrakov), I think a few posters here may be overrating Miles. he certainly is not the saviour.

whether he will come into the side and cement his spot in the midfield remains to be seen.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2014, 03:23:03 AM »
Interview with Anthony Miles
Richmond tiger talk
May 29th, 2014

Nick and Andy have a chat to Anthony Miles about how he is finding life at Tigerland, his winding route to the club and what he's looking to improve with his football.

The appeal mentioned during the show is here jamesmcquillan.com.au

Listen here: http://richo.podbean.com/

the claw

« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
Following on from an earlier post (i think from the very astute Mrakov), I think a few posters here may be overrating Miles. he certainly is not the saviour.

whether he will come into the side and cement his spot in the midfield remains to be seen.
not sure people think him the saviour. what most people want is reward for such good form in the twos. bloody hell it doesnt happen very often at richmond, players banging the door down in the seconds yet that form is ignored while the club sinks to 3 and 6 and many getting a regular game couldnt find a ball  in a footy factory.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

not sure people think him the saviour. what most people want is reward for such good form in the twos. bloody hell it doesnt happen very often at richmond, players banging the door down in the seconds yet that form is ignored while the club sinks to 3 and 6 and many getting a regular game couldnt find a ball  in a footy factory.

Couldn't have said it better myself Claw!   :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »

No problem with reward for form. Whether he is as deep into our first 22 as others seem to be inferring is another matter!
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »

No problem with reward for form. Whether he is as deep into our first 22 as others seem to be inferring is another matter!

Agree Dooks but you've gotta give him a crack to prove how deep into the 22 the reality is.  We can't bang on a bout a culture of 'earning your stripes' when we gift games to some of our soft-ons while he keeps presenting and keeps missing out.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
Bit of mail going around he may come in for jacko if he doesn't come up from a fitness test  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
Bit of mail going around he may come in for jacko if he doesn't come up from a fitness test  :shh

You mean poo that anyone with a half a clue would assume might happen that you're once again peddling as "mail"?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »

You mean poo that anyone with a half a clue would assume might happen that you're once again peddling as "mail"?
:shh :shh :shh :shh :shh :shh :shh
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:44 PM »
 :lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
:clapping :clapping :clapping  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.