Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144535 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »
Have I missed it?

Nope actually he's on next

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
On after these ads

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: August 10, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Miles coming up next on the Sunday Footy Show  ;D

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #588 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:27 PM »
Good interview
Improved on his deficiency and got back on an AFL
Credit where due
Well done

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
Agree it was a good interview but nothing really that hasn't been said before I don't think. Only thing I took out of it was the sly smile he had when asked about the truth behind Richmond's contract offer as he said something about "his management are handling it and working out the small stuff"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #590 on: August 10, 2014, 03:22:44 PM »
Interestingly, Miles praised the club's development system and said he's learnt a lot from Lids, Cotch and especially Axel. His reason for him not playing until round 12 was that he needed to work on his deficiencies.

Miles also said two weeks before the rookie draft, the Club told him we weren't going to draft him and he should stick to his plan of finding a VFL/SANFL club for 2014 and we'd keep an eye on how he goes. It was only the night before the rookie draft that Blair Hartley phoned him and said we'd be drafting him.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #591 on: August 10, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
As opposed to the deficiencies blokes were displaying in the first 12 weeks. Nice one Milsey towing the company line especially with your management in discissions with the club. Should've just said the club were fornicated in the first half of the year and I should have been elevated after the bye for the Melbourne game.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Yeah that would be pretty professional of him,  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #593 on: August 10, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
Interestingly, Miles praised the club's development system and said he's learnt a lot from Lids, Cotch and especially Axel. His reason for him not playing until round 12 was that he needed to work on his deficiencies.

Miles also said two weeks before the rookie draft, the Club told him we weren't going to draft him and he should stick to his plan of finding a VFL/SANFL club for 2014 and we'd keep an eye on how he goes. It was only the night before the rookie draft that Blair Hartley phoned him and said we'd be drafting him.

Miles needs to get 45 touches a week in the twos on order to iron out his problems

And yet the Chaplin's and grigg of the world are never dropped

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Emerging Tiger Miles set to sign new deal (afl site)
« Reply #594 on: August 10, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
Emerging Tiger Miles set to sign new deal

Travis King 
afl.com.au
August 10, 2014 2:49 PM

ANTHONY Miles' remarkable rise from the football scrapheap is set to continue, with the Richmond midfielder on the verge of signing a contract extension to keep him at Punt Road.

The 22-year-old has been a revelation for the Tigers since he was delisted by Greater Western Sydney at the end of last season.

He's played every game since making his debut against North Melbourne in round 12 and has taken some of the heat of skipper Trent Cotchin at the coalface.

The inside ball winner is averaging 11.1 contested possessions a game and 24.1 disposals after being picked up in the rookie draft and is now set to sign a senior contract.

"I think my manager's working through it at the moment, so I'm not sure of the finer details of it," Miles said on The Sunday Footy Show.

"I'm certainly hoping to stay at the Tiges."

Miles revealed there were no guarantees he would be given a second chance at the top level by Richmond.

The New South Welshman started looking around for a VFL or SANFL club before receiving a call from the Tigers.

"A couple of weeks before the rookie draft Richmond actually rang me and said look mate we aren't going to take you, just go and do what you do in the VFL or the SANFL and we'll have a look at you there'," he said.

"But Blair Hartley (general manager of player personnel and list management) fortunately rang me the night before the rookie draft and said ‘we might take you’ so it caused a bit of a sleepless night I got picked up, fortunately.

"Obviously being delisted at the end of last year by the Giants was pretty tough to swallow.

"My running ability was probably the main thing and then they touched on a few other things. It was a pretty tough time."

But instead of saying the Giants overlooked his talent, Miles believes his improvement has come from sheer hard work.

"I'd like to think I've improved. I went away after being delisted and worked on what they thought my deficiencies were," he said.

"I hooked up with a running coach back home, my uncle, and did some work there and the Tigers have been great for my development as well.

"The thing for me to was just to first-hand witness how these guys go about it. 'Lids' (Brett Deledio) and 'Cotch' have been great just to watch what they do on the track and in the weights room.

"Nathan Foley has been fantastic for me – he played his 150th on Friday night and he's been a great mentor for me as well."

Miles played 10 games for the Giants in two seasons and is set to equal that mark for Richmond against Adelaide in round 21.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-10/miles-set-for-new-deal

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #595 on: August 10, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
Yeah that would be pretty professional of him,  ::)

Just say it BJ. Another FJ masterstroke. That's all you need to say. Nothing more nothing less.:thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #596 on: August 10, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
We'll hats off to the recruiting and development team ......again  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #597 on: August 10, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
They just can't do a thing wrong. Bless their cotton socks. :thumbsup

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #598 on: August 10, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
Dimmer said "we're lucky to have him at the club".

Truth is, we're lucky Dimmer was forced to play the guy through other's injuries and poor form
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #599 on: August 10, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
Dimmer said "we're lucky to have him at the club".

Truth is, we're lucky Dimmer was forced to play the guy through other's injuries and poor form

:clapping