Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 144383 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:38 PM »
Personally I think it was better for Miles getting 50 touches each week in the twos

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »
We'll there's a pretty good argument to say it certainly didn't do him any harm  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »
Round 3-14

Won 2
Lost 9

How many 'extra' wins would it of taken for you to change your mind ?

Maybe I overrate miles.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
I'm just waiting for you guys to explain to me how it was a bad mistake by the club to recruit Miles in the first place. We just can't do a thing right can we!  :shh

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #619 on: August 10, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »
We'll there's a pretty good argument to say it certainly didn't do him any harm  :shh

Which is? ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #620 on: August 10, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »

Which is? ;D

F me don't ask for details, you will spoil it

the claw

« Reply #621 on: August 10, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
I'm just waiting for you guys to explain to me how it was a bad mistake by the club to recruit Miles in the first place. We just can't do a thing right can we!  :shh
lol the club took at gordon and lloyd  with 50 and 66 in front of miles with what amonted to our second and third picks in the nd.  your not telling me the club rated miles highly are you.

ffs harwick even said he didnt realise miles would do what he did when he got promoted despite hharwick watching the bloke play in the twos.
i really hope our coach and coaches have nothing to do with our recruiting. but hey im stuuck between a rock and a hard place because i hope our recruiters have nothing or little to do with our club as well.

ffs how a few late season wins magically wipes the slate clean magically means the list is in good shape, or suddenly means our recruiting has been good  is beyond me. talk about short term vision.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #622 on: August 10, 2014, 11:56:13 PM »
lol the club took at gordon and lloyd  with 50 and 66 in front of miles with what amonted to our second and third picks in the nd.  your not telling me the club rated miles highly are you.

ffs harwick even said he didnt realise miles would do what he did when he got promoted despite hharwick watching the bloke play in the twos.
i really hope our coach and coaches have nothing to do with our recruiting. but hey im stuuck between a rock and a hard place because i hope our recruiters have nothing or little to do with our club as well.

ffs how a few late season wins magically wipes the slate clean magically means the list is in good shape, or suddenly means our recruiting has been good  is beyond me. talk about short term vision.
mile was a fluke
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »
not an unfair call

gws wouldnt have let him go otherwise

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »
not an unfair call

gws wouldnt have let him go otherwise

Really?

Have you seen GWS list? They have a stockpile of mid field talent

Also, They had an expended list in their first couple of seasons they are non required to gradually reduce the size, there will be kids cut just to accommodate that requirement
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #625 on: August 11, 2014, 08:33:29 AM »
you reckon they can afford to offload miles?

they have no shortage of good young mids. but theyd be a lot better with miles dishing it out to them blokes rather than him playing for richmond

i understand they have to shrink the list back to everyone else size - but if they had the time over i doubt theyd do the same

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #626 on: August 11, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
If people really believe that every other club in the league wouldn't have taken (or kept him in the case of GWS) Miles if they knew he would play like he has first at VFL level and now at AFL then you hatred for Dimma is blinding you completely.

We took Miles as a Rookie pick because he was delisted and was a speculative choice based on contested ball/clearance statistics.

The Big O was elevated first due to Maric going down and we having no backup ruck in case Vickery went down (remember Griffiths was untried in this position at AFL level at that stage) and Thomas was elevated because he was making a similar impact during the practice games (both players numbers were very close) but he had more AFL experience and the coaches knew what they would get from him.

The club would have elevated and played Miles if the opportunity was there but the reality of the situations was that no one expected him to perform in the manner he did so early and with such consistency. He has been a fantastic bonus this year.

When its all said and done though the club got it right choosing him - you can wrap it up any way you like but that is the bottom line. We did good with something!  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #627 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:27 AM »
If people really believe that every other club in the league wouldn't have taken (or kept him in the case of GWS) Miles if they knew he would play like he has first at VFL level and now at AFL

then you hatred for Dimma is blinding you completely.

Really?

Somehow i doubt wp has a "hatred for Dimma is blinding you completely"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2014, 09:31:22 AM »
If people really believe that every other club in the league wouldn't have taken (or kept him in the case of GWS) Miles if they knew he would play like he has first at VFL level and now at AFL

then you hatred for Dimma is blinding you completely.

Really?

Somehow i doubt wp has a "hatred for Dimma is blinding you completely"

Perhaps clouding his otherwise impeccable judgement then  :P 

GWS is in a very enviable position in terms of talent and depth and perhaps (as we saw when he played against GWS) he lacked confidence against his team mates so he didn't stand out. I think in retrospect though, GWS would have let another player go in his stead if they knew what he was capable of.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »

Hate to think what this site would be like if we had lost the last seven matches.

:lol

We'd all be over at your political thread.  :lol :cheers