Author Topic: Will we be a better team than North Melbourne in 2014 ?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Will we be a better team than North Melbourne in 2014 ?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »
indeed they flogged us.So are you saying that one game determines whether they are or us had a successful season
We're better than Hawthorn and Freo. It's pretty obvious how it works. Keep up FFS  :banghead

;D

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:20 PM »
I would not be surprised at all if Hawthorn are the big sliders this year.
Recent history suggests that hawks suffer the dreaded premiership hangover. Only won 9 games in 2009.Do they have any hunger left after winning their Second flag ?
Turning into Dads army too...Hodge is 30 , Mitchell 32, Sewell 32 , Lake 32. Hawks had 11 players in the GF who had played over 150 games....we had 4 in our final.
Also the best forward in the comp has left the building.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 04:47:20 PM »
I would not be surprised at all if Hawthorn are the big sliders this year.
Recent history suggests that hawks suffer the dreaded premiership hangover. Only won 9 games in 2009.Do they have any hunger left after winning their Second flag ?
Turning into Dads army too...Hodge is 30 ,
Mitchell 32, Sewell 32 , Lake 32
. Hawks had 11 players in the GF who had played over 150 games....we had 4 in our final.
Also the best forward in the comp has left the building.

Surely these 3 should've retired this year after winning a flag to go out on a high. A bit selfish that they're playing on for the coin.

You'd think they'd all retire at the end of 14 eh ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
Norf: put everyone behind the ball. win the ball. charge forward.

Hardwick:   :huh :huh :huh
Yep strategically we continually got sucked in by North's wait-to-counterattack gameplan. It was Richmond wins ball out of centre and kicks long into a congested forward line; Richmond forwards outnumbered can't mark and we have no ballwinners/crumbers nor defensive efforts at ground level; North with numbers clear easily out of their defence; Richmond mids get sucked in too high forward into no man's land which allows North to break out easily behind us and go coast-to-coast in open space into an open forward line and goal; Repeat for 4 quarters  :banghead. North do play Docklands well (compared to the 'G) but we need to be smarter tactically against them especially going inside forward 50. In fact, it wouldn't be the worst idea to give them a taste of their own medicine and let them come at us and then we hit them on the counter. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »
Absolutely NO stuffing CHANCE.

They are our bogey side, actually every stuffing side is our bogey side..

Remember last years debacle, they must love playing us...they must laugh in the change rooms before the game at how pathetic we are..

We are no where near them this year and we never will be!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »
Could lose by 100
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 09:18:55 AM »
Could lose by 100

In the 1st QTR, actually it will be over quicker than last night, we will be blown away by 30-40 in the first 15 minutes.

They are way too quick for us!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 09:20:20 AM »
I have a personal theory that in last years final Malthouse exposed us as soft to physical pressure and every other coach has since  copied that

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 09:24:13 AM »
I have a personal theory that in last years final Malthouse exposed us as soft to physical pressure and every other coach has since  copied that

It happened long before that..unfortunately!!

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 09:57:19 AM »
Gig we are the softest team in the AFL and have been so since scotty turner's bump in the 95 final

I believe the first gay afl footballer will come from our club. There is nothing more certain in life other than taxes

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »
Gig we are the softest team in the AFL and have been so since scotty turner's bump in the 95 final

I believe the first gay afl footballer will come from our club. There is nothing more certain in life other than taxes

:lol :lol :lol

"Rucks:

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »

Correct
Common knowledge that other clubs think we are week

Gigantor

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »
not sure if anyone else heard Finey and Robert shaw this morning ,but finey made the comment that we appear to be "of brittle character" which is a damning critique of our club.

Angus I hear ya...but to quote Jerry Seinfeld "not that theres anything wrong with that"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
I see North and us as being on par for the last 3 or so years. Last year they lost a number of games by a small margin and despite not having a great win loss ratio, had a healthy percentage, much as we did in 2012.

Historically, teams that did this, tend this improve their win loss ratio and ladder position in the following year.

The addition of Dal Santo should also improve the team, but could you imagine the squealing if we had recruited a high profile mid fielder and were considering playing him off half back?

I can only imagine what the response on this forum was, when after beating St Kilda a few years back, Thomas declared they were a better side than us, and how did that pan out over the next few years?

Diocletian is correct in saying it is not so cut and dried as those simplistic examples suggest.

REALLY???????????????????????

"Rucks:

the claw

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
There thread is missing the point, Norf aren't the worry, I have it on good authority that The Demons are gunna flog us and make us cry
;) had to laugh.