Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Round 2, 2014  (Read 9546 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Round 2, 2014
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2014, 10:52:28 AM »
He's durable is Lids. Hopefully is recovered after the 9 day break.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
It is not surprising that Everitt got votes. Lids in the fourth quarter was dropping marks he would normally take and had no impact at all in the second half.

In all fairness to Lids he copped a kick to his achilles early in the 2nd quarter and played mainly forward after that, essentially to provide a contest (keep a defender busy) in the forwardline.  Hardwick admitted that by the last quarter he was pretty sore and had to be anchored down there as he couldn't run.  I'm willing to bet that's the real reason he went quiet after quarter time, much more so than anything Everitt did.  And explains why Everitt was able to run forward so easily to kick 2 goals.

Was unaware he was injured. That certainly would explain why he was so quiet in the second half.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
Bugger.
Bloody carlscumbags, made me break my awesome Tiger flag AGAIN!

Now I gotta buy a bigger better piece of wood to put my flag on.
Maybe a piece of metal rod, Hmmmm may get holes in floor and windows and walls, better stick to wood.
But I gotta get a bloody piece that won't friggin break.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
Bugger.
Bloody carlscumbags, made me break my awesome Tiger flag AGAIN!

Now I gotta buy a bigger better piece of wood to put my flag on.
Maybe a piece of metal rod, Hmmmm may get holes in floor and windows and walls, better stick to wood.
But I gotta get a bloody piece that won't friggin break.
How's the Carlton supporters head you broke it on? ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
The Run Home ‏@therunhome twitter:

"Scott Lucas says Richmond's leaders didn't stand up when it mattered against Carlton, a contrast to Nick Riewoldt's effort against GWS"

AUDIO: https://soundcloud.com/sen1116/scott-lucas-on-the-run-home

Fair enough saying our leaders didn't stand up for most of the last qtr until the end. However, comparing them to St Kilda - oh please! It's one thing playing bottom 4 sides Melbourne and GWS at Etihad. Let's see how Nick and St Kilda's leaders go this week playing the Eagles in Perth. 

1980 I Was There

« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »

"Scott Lucas says Richmond's leaders didn't stand up when it mattered against Carlton, a contrast to Nick Riewoldt's effort against GWS"

Fair enough saying our leaders didn't stand up for most of the last qtr until the end. However, comparing them to St Kilda - oh please! It's one thing playing bottom 4 sides Melbourne and GWS at Etihad. Let's see how Nick and St Kilda's leaders go this week playing the Eagles in Perth.
Our leaders may not have stood up in the last quarter, but last I checked it is a team orientated sport.
A passage of play that went about 16 minutes in the last quarter, starting at about the 13 min mark. Saw ONLY 3 direct passes to an uncontested player, not including a couple of handballs. Every other kick in that time period were bombs to large packs of players.
This was the total opposite of the first 3 quarters and was why carlton came back or as they were coming back the bombing started. Basically ALL the players panicked and lost sight of the structure that got them that far.

Yeah, the big guns ran out of juice for a bit, but so did everybody else.

When the Tigers settled, we went on to win the game, all in all still great composure from the Tigers to pull that off.
As I have said before, that would not have happened last year.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »

:clapping

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

Have previously rated Lucas' opinion. May need to reassess after that comment.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
Was impressed by Houli's efforts in last quarter.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »

Our leaders may not have stood up in the last quarter, but last I checked it is a team orientated sport.
A passage of play that went about 16 minutes in the last quarter, starting at about the 13 min mark. Saw ONLY 3 direct passes to an uncontested player, not including a couple of handballs. Every other kick in that time period were bombs to large packs of players.
This was the total opposite of the first 3 quarters and was why carlton came back or as they were coming back the bombing started. Basically ALL the players panicked and lost sight of the structure that got them that far.

Yeah, the big guns ran out of juice for a bit, but so did everybody else.

When the Tigers settled, we went on to win the game, all in all still great composure from the Tigers to pull that off.
As I have said before, that would not have happened last year.
Totally agree about the way we played through that period but was it a directive of our coach to try and slow the play down and cause a lot of stoppages? (throw ins or ball ups)
Remember this was Dimma's game plan for our forward line not so long ago.
If it wasn't, why wouldn't a message have come out to the players to tell them to move? They train pretty much all year, surely they can run for two hours?? Even if it's not at 100% the whole time.
And if it was just our players being lazy, why not come out and say it!
Cannot help but think it was a coaching move. And not a real bright one.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »
Of the 34,291 Richmond members who had access to general admission seats in the Tigers' Thursday night clash against Carlton in round one, only 12 per cent (3,991) attended.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-03/noshow-members-hurt-crowds

:huh

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2014, 09:41:22 PM »
Of the 34,291 Richmond members who had access to general admission seats in the Tigers' Thursday night clash against Carlton in round one, only 12 per cent (3,991) attended.

I don't believe this for a second. AFL propaganda
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
if deledio was injured in the second quarter  why did hardwick not sub him out of the game.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »

I was one of them.

Too late a night when I get up at 5am in the morning.

:cheers

dwaino

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2014, 07:34:47 AM »
Should have just pulled an all nighter  :cheers