Author Topic: Dreamtime at the 'G, Round 11 2014 - Richmond vs Essendon  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dreamtime at the 'G, Round 11 2014 - Richmond vs Essendon
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »
Judging from his appearance just now on The Slobbo & Wimpley Show I'd suggest Michael Long is in dire need of a few long walks....not sure he'll make to the ground....

In all seriousness I would hope a family member or close friend might tap him on the shoulder he does look quite unhealthy. And I dont make light of that
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »
Bogie bogie bogie

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
From Dimma's press conference today ...

There's no doubt last week's landslide win will count for little if the Tigers can't bring the same level of intensity against an opponent that is in a similar position to them.

Hardwick said they had spoken about that fact after the game and were ready to face a side that was suffering the same inconsistent struggles with its forward line.

"I think both sides have been playing below the standard of expectation," he said.

"We're both in a similar boat – we're ticking over a few wins but we're not playing anywhere near the expectation our fans, coaching staff and players have expected.

"I think we can see our game is starting to get back up and going. We probably played more to the style of last year that people are more keen on seeing and we're keen on playing.

"We look forward to seeing that on Saturday."

Hardwick said the Tigers' ball movement and scoring ability had been better against the Giants but compared their recent attacking woes to that of the Dons.

He said the Bombers had also been stymied by players performing as individuals and not as a collective, with the often talked-about plight of Jake Carlisle similar to what Jack Riewoldt has endured.

While the coach admitted he wouldn't mind having a player like Carlisle at Punt Road, he hoped it wasn't on Saturday night that the combination of the reluctant forward and Joe Daniher fired.

"They've got a formidable forward line and probably like us it hasn't been functioning well," he said.

"Eventually their goals will come – I just hope it's not this week against us."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-29/maric-set-to-stand-tall

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 03:28:31 AM »
Weather forecast for Saturday is for rain to develop during the afternoon. So it'll be interesting to see if there's any late changes if it's going to be wet weather footy.

By the way, the bookies have Essendon as favourites:

Richmond   $2.20 (in from $2.30)
Essendon   $1.68

Source: TAB.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
No chance of rain
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2014, 03:13:57 PM »
Goodes said he was going to his first dreamtime with the prime minister and there would be a special announcement, cue me waiting until 7:45 on the dot to enter the ground :banghead

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Footy is becoming nothing more than rorting the supporters so that the people inside the clubs can earn big money and give themselves nice lifestyles. Its a disgrace whats happening.

Have you just woken up to that ?
Been going on for years
Can tell you half the staff are unemployable in the real world
Jobs for mates

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »
Goodes said he was going to his first dreamtime with the prime minister and there would be a special announcement, cue me waiting until 7:45 on the dot to enter the ground :banghead

Good player but a touch of the Harry Obriens lately, although not anywhere near as deluded as the Makoombah Maboombah.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
Wouldnt put him in the same category as that moomba flog, but i see your point.

Dead set legends Goodes is and his cousin who i hope coaches one day. Maybe they can come to punt Road, and bring some descent islanders down there, instead of the hacks we have had since M Mitchell.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »

With you 100% on this one CUB. I always enter the ground at the very last minute to avoid the PC extravaganza,
 and the sight of that old woman handing out gum leaves to coaches and players
while they try their utmost to keep a straight face.  ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »

Good player but a touch of the Harry Obriens lately, although not anywhere near as deluded as the Makoombah Maboombah.

Best thing Abbott could do is push the pr1ck through the plate glass window of whatever corporate box they are watching it from.  Racist hypocritical scumbag who has allowed the system to elevate to him to lofty heights denied most of our population and then tries to align himself with the 'oppressed'.  Lost me completely when he trashed that poor 13 year old kid who had no clue or intent that what she said was racist in any way, shape or form.  And then used his 'Australian Of The Year' speech to promote racism and devisive policy.  He is a maggot of the highest order.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
that poor 13 year old kid who had no clue or intent that what she said was racist in any way, shape or form.  He is a maggot of the highest order.

What? How do you know she didnt know it was 'racist in any way'?

I was racist to an Asian kid at school when i was ten. Called him 'greasy' during a footy game. He rightly bopped me on the nose and I apologized for it later.

Goodes is  "A maggot"?
Jeezus Smokey, as an otherwise measured and balanced poster you've completely lost the plot.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »
you are kidding yourself Smoke. "she didnt know what she said" Please

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
that poor 13 year old kid who had no clue or intent that what she said was racist in any way, shape or form.  He is a maggot of the highest order.

What? How do you know she didnt know it was 'racist in any way'?

I was racist to an Asian kid at school when i was ten. Called him 'greasy' during a footy game. He rightly bopped me on the nose and I apologized for it later.

Goodes is  "A maggot"?
Jeezus Smokey, as an otherwise measured and balanced poster you've completely lost the plot.

Can't stand the lowlife Willy and it all started over that incident with the young girl.  Took the high moral ground and pimped and pranced like a prima donna, and when it all came out the poor girl had no clue that she had said anything racist.  I abhor racism in any form but that wasn't racist - she was a kid who shouted out a name that any of us would have used in a school playground at the age with no thought of any adult connotations of the word "ape".  "Big hairy ape" - yep, exactly what he looks like to a kid supporting the opposition team, regardless of the colour of his skin.  And to take such injured and unforgiving offence to it shows him to be the shallow and hypocritical person he is.  Then when he went on his rant in his AOTY speech it just cemented to me that he is 100% comfortable to live life with all the trappings that our society and country can provide to all who are fortunate enough to have the skills or talents that allow access to that lifestyle, yet tries to identify with those who haven't had the same opportunities and then blames the colour of his skin for the injustice.  Plenty of us from English, European, Arabic, African and Asian background who haven't had the same opportunities for a myriad of reasons but this sanctimonious anuswipe points his finger at skin colour and says that the white-skinned population owe him and his kin a recognition and debt.  No-one in our country and society owes anyone else anything - we are all citizens of Australia and are all responsible for what happens to us individually and collectively.  Racists like Goodes aren't interested in creating a better society for us all to live in, they are only interested in promoting the cause of a select few at the expense of everyone else.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2014, 08:13:53 PM »
you are kidding yourself Smoke. "she didnt know what she said" Please

Nope, I don't believe she did Dan.  I've got grandkids her age and I hear them talking and playing, and I don't think for a moment she considered skin colour when she said it.  At 13 we would call European kids "wogs" and other names, Asian kids "Chinks" and other names, Aboriginal kids "Choc" and other names, and in return we would get called "Whitey" etc etc.  We would also call tall kids "Stretch", fat kids "Fatso", hairy kids "Ape", short kids "Stumpy" etc etc.  Reality is everyone copped it because that's what kids did then and still do now.  But our challenge is to educate our kids that when they become old enough to make reasoned and mature life decisions that they understand the need to treat each and every person they meet and deal with in life as an equal.  We get that right and then we can let our kids be kids, and we can concentrate our adult energies on making society better for all of us.