Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 33173 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2014, 01:19:45 AM »
WGAF!?

Seriously. Nobody is gonna do anything about it.

Suck it up ladies.

The club is poo

Yep

That's the truth
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:54:07 AM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2014, 01:46:14 AM »
I don't care for your list I care for one player

Heppell

Was ours all the way yet for some incredible idiotic decision we decide to take a c grader in Conca

Gee I was hoping eagles took him now we are stuck with him

Yep.... argument begins and ends with Heppell. Every other name is irrelevent.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Rampstar

« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »
I expect this thread will get a a run on in the next 3 weeks. Lets hope the players can flook say 2 wins from the next 3 games but we are playing like a bunch of sheilas who are peeed at the pub and are giggling themselves silly talking about there husbands and whose been rooting whose husband and how they can manage it to not get caught. What a disgrace.

the claw

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2014, 12:47:17 AM »

Heppell

Was ours all the way yet for some incredible idiotic decision we decide to take a c grader in Conca

disagree. conca was not the only contentious pick that draft. i argued long and hard that we should activate our tambling pick as i thought a kid called lycett would be there abouts, as it was he went one pick before our second rounder. and we ended up with batchelor.
there was two mids  i wanted with the batchelor pick mitch  hallahan and  a kid called luke parker. i for one could not believe we took batchelor where we did and i can tell you now there was plenty of others as well.
how would heppell , lycett and parker look in a tiger jumper.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2014, 12:58:29 AM »

Heppell

disagree. conca was not the only contentious pick that draft. i argued long and hard that we should activate our tambling pick as i thought a kid called lycett would be there abouts, as it was he went one pick before our second rounder. and we ended up with batchelor.
there was two mids  i wanted with the batchelor pick mitch  hallahan and  a kid called luke parker. i for one could not believe we took batchelor where we did and i can tell you now there was plenty of others as well.
I wasn't that disappointed with Conca over Heppell at the time. So I think it's unfair (for me) to bag the club about it in hindsight. But stuff me the Luke Parker pick was glaringly obvious at the time. We now have to recruit hacks like Thomas because we have no inside mids.  :banghead

the claw

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2014, 01:43:46 AM »

Heppell

I wasn't that disappointed with Conca over Heppell at the time. So I think it's unfair (for me) to bag the club about it in hindsight. But stuff me the Luke Parker pick was glaringly obvious at the time. We now have to recruit hacks like Thomas because we have no inside mids.  :banghead
yeah tell me about it. still dirty we didnt take heppell as well though.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2014, 03:43:15 AM »
The argument about who we should've taken at pick 6 begins & ends with Heppell.

Heppell & Parker were so obvious it wasn't funny. Jackson & Hartley were too clever by half in that draft.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 05:01:55 AM »
I expect this thread will get a a run on in the next 3 weeks. Lets hope the players can flook say 2 wins from the next 3 games but we are playing like a bunch of sheilas who are peeed at the pub and are giggling themselves silly talking about there husbands and whose been rooting whose husband and how they can manage it to not get caught. What a disgrace.

The irony.
Gotta hand it to ya - it's working  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »
I'm sure if this thread doesn't get a run on there will be another 50 new ones that do.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »
The argument about who we should've taken at pick 6 begins & ends with Heppell.

Heppell & Parker were so obvious it wasn't funny. Jackson & Hartley were too clever by half in that draft.
Ok. So that has made the whole team ignore the team plan, not chase, not harass the opposition, not block for your team mate, not put in maximum effort........

People are getting so simplistic around here, it's not funny.

Did you see Heppell against Freo?  He was poo.  Slower than an injured snail.

That's what happens when the players around you don't play well either.  Same with Conca. He needs everyone around him to lift including himself.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Rampstar

« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2014, 08:14:07 AM »
I'm sure if this thread doesn't get a run on there will be another 50 new ones that do.

Not before this one gets to 100 posts and another Century Topic for the Rampstar  ;D

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:41 AM »

Heppell

Can l tell you something  ;D All drafts have promising players come draft time. They are watched for several years by clubs to fit into roles or are shaped into other roles. Nobody knows how they are going to fair until they have been chucked into the bigtime with the big boys who's bodies are fit & mentally ready to handle the rigors of AFL football. One good hit can stop progress & stall a career if not  mentally end it. Tambling was a victim of this as everyone put too much expectations on him, Instead remembering he was a kid from the outback who even have trouble adapting to the cold weather. Media destroyed him & pressure got to him. He also was a father at a very young age so with mentioning just those few things he was struggling on top of injuries & coming to a club in turmoil & near brokee expecting him to be the next Maurice Rioli just dont happen sometimes. Coming down from NT in the TAC playing one game is nothing as the excitedment would have anyone walking on water on a waterlogged oval. l can tell you he had something special thats for sure seeing it with my own eyes. l have seen a hundred players walk away from AFL football because of the pressure put on them while they still study for life after football & leaving the family home which affects everyone. Every parent knows this who's child has left home. So its no different with young footballers. You can garble on about people who draft these players to clubs of every AFL club but they are only working on what they are watching are these kids who are about to have their whole lifes changed. Money is not the most important part of a footballer. Those that fall into depression from the change of life are preyed on by drug dealers who pump them up & make them feel better & ends their career. But in saying all that. Clubs can only draft players by what they are producing on the field. They are young fella's living at home enjoying life & being looked after their parents & can walk the streets after games enjoying life. Once they are drafted its not fun anymore & its a fulltime job with media & hungry fans who want nothing but the best & who only want one thing. A flag at all costs.  Now l would really like to add a few other things but l can't because legally l can't put up names & others things l know that go on but surely you can figure it out  ;D

BTW: Conca had not even played a single senior game prior to being drafted  ;D Heppell was a ready made footballer with the best training facility going round but ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »
Who is this new poster?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »

I must say I am partial to a good Ramps rebuild thread, the ones that poo me are all the one word title ones that pop up a couple of hours after a loss

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »

Not before this one gets to 100 posts and another Century Topic for the Rampstar  ;D

If only it was about you vre!!
Caracella and Balmey.