Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 32892 times)

Rampstar

The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:48:30 PM »
Finished. In Failure. We are a rabble. What a complete Disappointment. But I dont only blame Hardwick, this failure is the failure in understand that when you recruit rejects from other clubs under a moneyball scenario this is what you get - CRAP!

They talk big at Tigerland but once again they have come up empty. Just complete disappointment. Dont know what to say and we pay those idiots at Punt Road to produce this type of crap. They have no pride.

So whose available in the next draft folks?

tony_montana

Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:49:46 PM »
Cant wait to hear during the week that we're gunna do this, and we're gunna do that.

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:11 PM »
Its over TM ... Its apparent to everyone who wants to live in the reality of our situation but we are know where near it and we cant be with this list of players. There are too many average players at Richmond and Moneyball has failed.

The one I feel sorry for is Brett Deledio. He should do himself a favor and ask for a release to go to a good club and try and get a flag.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »
Agreed
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »
I have no problem with the moneyball things, Grigg was a definite upgrade on Collins, others like Houli etc. were upgrades on what we had at the time.

The problem is that we didn't go on with it, once we improved a little, the next wave of upgrades should have happened.

Sell high, like the Pies did with Dawes and Wellingham.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »
I can only laugh. Officially over. Typical giving us hope for a few years. Sick of this same poo over and over

Rampstar

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 10:01:13 PM »
I have no problem with the moneyball things, Grigg was a definite upgrade on Collins, others like Houli etc. were upgrades on what we had at the time.

The problem is that we didn't go on with it, once we improved a little, the next wave of upgrades should have happened.

Moneyball only allows you to get players from the bottom of the barrel. It doesnt make any impact in terms of getting in star players who can really help your club go up the ladder.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »

Moneyball only allows you to get players from the bottom of the barrel. It doesnt make any impact in terms of getting in star players who can really help your club go up the ladder.

It's hard to watch tonight, Collingwood went bottom of the barrel too with White, Young and they're carving us up.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Rampstar

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »

It's hard to watch tonight, Collingwood went bottom of the barrel too with White, Young and they're carving us up.

We been scraping the moneyball barrel for 4 years ... its now coming home to roost. We have very limited numbers of quality juniors coming through.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »
Disagree the 5% upgrades won't win u a premiership.

Grigg has not improved since coming to the club. If we drafted a kid who knows what he could have turned into. Sam Frost is a better footballer than Chaplin. Rookie player vs 400k dud.
Sam Lloyd been good.

Money ball is rubbish and the people need to take responsibility for doing the top up rubbish that ruined the club in the Frawley era.

Petterd
Chaplin
Edwards
Grigg
Hampson
Plus more

All average C graders. Best case scenario gets u a token finals appearance which is what we have achieved and thus have peaked.

Pathetic.
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »

We been scraping the moneyball barrel for 4 years ... its now coming home to roost. We have very limited numbers of quality juniors coming through.

Vlastuin Lennon McBean ...

Rampstar

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »

Vlastuin Lennon McBean ...

Vlastuin playing tonight. Lennon and McBean havent played and as such we dont know if they can or not. When McBean played preseason he was a long way off in terms of being able to impact games at senior level.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Martin grimes Griffiths miles helbig Conca ellis arnot mcdonuts

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »

Sell high, like the Pies did with Dawes and Wellingham.

I agree with this wayne

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »
It's the culture of mediocrity that has to be addressed first.
 You don't just give the place a new paint job.

The coach that succeeds to clean out the virus of mediocrity the club will have success.

Raise the standard. Demand success. Lift the bar. Don't accept losing or failure. Demand excellence.

I thought Hardwick was the fellow but I was wrong. He's a hard worker but too soft.

We need a new coach. Start again.
The club that keeps giving.