Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 33161 times)

the claw

Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2014, 10:57:43 PM »
Off field is due to us Claw not them

What good have they done in curious from an onfield and list perspective

Some facts

We are still mentally weak so that's the same
We still took shortcuts so that's the same
Supporters still open their wallets so that's the same
fair enough angus fair enough.
id still argue the list is in a fair  better shape now  than when hardwick found it.  in fact i reckon even  i could make us a regular top 8 side inside of 3 yrs. a lot of the building blocks are there.
its only my opinion but i really do think hardwick has got well in front of himself. he needs to reasses learn from the mitake  do the hard yards go backwards and get the ship on course again.
that is if hes allowed to learn from his mistakes.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2014, 06:48:18 AM »
Its a pain to see the like ofnport dogs saints rebuild with youth and talent when we are seemingly stagnating / going backwards

Ray Charles could see the blokes that every week should be dropped and yet are not

the claw

« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »
Its a pain to see the like ofnport dogs saints rebuild with youth and talent when we are seemingly stagnating / going backwards

Ray Charles could see the blokes that every week should be dropped and yet are not
once again i will ask. are we prepared to lose probably by bigger nmargins and go backwards by collectively giving games to the eltons arnots mcintoshs helbigs ohanlons deas gordons etc .
we have atm a better chance of winning games with most of the hacks we complain about than playing a shedload of kids.
there is a price to pay by playing kids. are you prepared to pay that price.

i for one dont care if we win or lose as long as we get games into the younger blokes but in doing so id like to see us remain competetive  and that means continuing to play some of those experienced bigger bodies who we would like to cut.   we do have to balance out what we do.

by the way  port have about 12 players from other clubs its not just been youth,  mature recruits has  been a part of their recruiting strategy. stkilda would have 12 14 mature recruits and  players from other clubs.
dogs well they have about 8.

richmond well we would have 15 odd mature players from state leagues and other clubs.   our problem is not in taking older players though i think in recent yrs we have taken too many id argue the quality of players taken is the issue and that goes for nd picks as well.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2014, 02:22:21 PM »
Im with you Claw, season is over play the kids

losing by 17 points yesterday or losing by 80 against the hawks. Same same IMO but at least you go down playing kids like Lions yesterday so id rather that than the former

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
But we are better than past year.....

And we invest $$$$$ into the footy department....

We play drums before the start of games......

And we played a final last year.......

We are a big four club.......
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
Im with you Claw, season is over play the kids

losing by 17 points yesterday or losing by 80 against the hawks. Same same IMO but at least you go down playing kids like Lions yesterday so id rather that than the former

Its time for them  to upgrade Miles and bring in the likes of McIntosh and McBean even if they arent ready start giving them games. Its time to see if we have anymore kids capable of becoming AFL footballers over the next year or two.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2014, 03:35:18 PM »
The need to clear the decks and play the kids - and get more kids - should've been abundantly clear to the football department straight after the final siren of last year's EF.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »
Watching GC today. They are miles ahead of us.

We need to start again we are miles away as are Carlton.
Go Tigers!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »

We play drums before the start of games......

And that's another thing. I wish we would eff those fricken drummers off for good. Aussie sport doesn't need that kind of Yankee hype and hoopla, and what exactly are Ringo and co. announcing anyway? That the worst team currently in the AFL are meandering out to embarrass their fans on the big stage again?? Perhaps a more apt introduction to the stadium for the kind of slop the paper Tigers are serving up these days would be to have a lone wino drop his pants and let loose with a sustained bum trumpet note through the PA system.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
The need to clear the decks and play the kids - and get more kids - should've been abundantly clear to the football department straight after the final siren of last year's EF.

can tell you it wasn't and it wasn't for most people on this site who lauded the teams great year.

To me it was clear as day. Walked away from that match and thought we have not improved at all and i stand by that comment till this day. Even with the 15 wins i still say we did not improve last year because we were still mentally fragile and all teams look at us as easy beats.

The football department are a bunch of soft  c-o-c-k-s who are probably all touching each others date as we speak. Losers.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big night

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2014, 12:05:58 AM »
hi guys, you have all kept me entertained, informed and amused for a while now,so i thought it was  it was about time i jumped in and joined the circus. i would have hoped to have come in at a better time, but it is what it is. i walked out of the MCG on Saturday, and all i could feel was bitter disappointment, and a hollow feeling in the guts that's all to familiar to Richmond people. before the game, like most i felt our season was at the crossroads and was curious to see how our team would respond and what we were made of, as i needed answers to many of my questions. AND I GOT THEM!!! we have too many players on our list that play some decent games, suck us in and do enough to get a contract from our club, but what we don't have enough of  are the kind of players that are going to take us to the promised land. selfless team players with desire and fortitude who have the will to do what it takes to win a hard game of footy when things aren't going our way.                                                                                                                           i  appreciate some of the good work Benny and Damien have done under almost impossible circumstances with the difficulty involved in rebuilding the worst list in the AFL during the draft concessions , this cannot be forgotten,but mistakes were made by the football department along the way.                                                                                                                           i believe the coach has overestimated the capabilities of the list, which is understandable if supporters do it but fatal to club success if a coach gets it wrong. after what happened on Saturday it seems club and coach are genuinely surprised gutted at the events that unfolded, so i am interested to see what our coach will do.                                                                                                                              will he stay the coarse?                                                                                                                      will favorites go ? and so on and so on.......................                                                                                                       its harsh i know but when some thing not working someone has to pay.                                                                                                                            cometh the hour cometh the man Damien, you have done a fairly good job up till now but what you  do next will determine our future success.                                                                                                                     what are you going to do Damien? we are all waiting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           by the way love the tigers and am sticking fat no matter what, no person or administration can change that.  GO TIGERS.                                                                                     

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
Good post.  :clapping

I have no faith anymore anything will change. The club will talk about change and things getting better and us showing signs bla bla effing bla. I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »
Watching GC today. They are miles ahead of us.

We need to start again we are miles away as are Carlton.

Realyyyyyyyy I wonder why

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2014, 11:19:08 AM »
I think we only need to rebuild half the side this time rather than all the side.  Got to look at the positives... ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Rampstar

« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
I think we only need to rebuild half the side this time rather than all the side.  Got to look at the positives... ;D

Do your patients know your hanging out with us here on OER instead of looking after there ailments?  ;D