Author Topic: Next Two Weeks - SHOW US  (Read 2314 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Next Two Weeks - SHOW US
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »
As we go into the next two rounds, we go in against the best. These two teams (Cats and Hawks) exemplify what our game is all about, as do the players. They are 100% committed to their individual team tasks and plan. The players are skilled, disciplined, focused and they never shirk or shy away from a contest, this is what our game is about. This is what makes a team.

The next two weeks are very important for the players I have named below IMO. They have done nothing to very little for the past 5 weeks. They have shown areas of weakness, poor skill level, poor decision making, lack of accountability, lack of run and carry, lack of fitness and overall a non commitment to win the hard ball and support/protect their team mates.

The next two weeks will tell us if these players are part of the future or are they are just going to be the typical list loggers going forward? It will also tell us, up to this point in time if we have recruited players of a high caliber or if we have missed out yet again on more suitable and better players recruited ahead of them, both from a draft perspective and trade perspective (including free agency).

Ellis: King of the pre-season time trials.....it ends there. Has reverted to his poor delivery of the ball and really seems to be lacking confidence and courage amongst other areas.

Conca: 5 games in, should he be at match fitness by now or will we use a pre-season injury as an excuse all year? He had that standout game in the pre-season and really has not shown any signs at all since then. Where has his hardness and courage gone? Has he kicked a goal this season??

Edwards: Where is this player at after 8 years, he has played everywhere on the ground INCLUDING FORWARD and he delivers very little return. Everyone says leave him in the pocket but when we did that regularly he was not consistent, if we put him there he needs to deliver like Betts does! He needs two very big games and if we play him forward he needs to kick 3 goals in each of those games as a minimum.

Chaplin: I really thought this player would be an asset to the club, was he ever any good? He really has let himself down this year, he has done nothing, is there hope?

Morris: Cannot question his courage but stupid decisions and lack of skill on occasion really let him down. Needs a big two games and he really needs to provide run and carry out of the backline.

Grigg: Since joining the club he has gone backwards, I thought he showed a lot initially but he is another player that has no courage, wont defend and is now letting his skill level decline. This bloke could be something but he actually looks disinterested. Must get involved and motivated in the next two games.

Grimes: A couple of years ago this player was our backline savior....what now? Too many interrupted pre-seasons but now he should be showing us more, is he there, will he get back to his best or at least his potential best? Can he lift and take a big scalp over the next two weeks?

Newman: I have absolute respect for this player but there comes a time, make the call Chris. The game has passed him, he is just missing at the moment, he fills a gap and that's it. We need to play Miles and Chris you need to step down for this to happen. I really don't think he can handle the pace of the Hawks and Cats, he will be found out with his lack of pace.

Astbury: Is going ok, but ok doesn't cut it against the Cats and Hawks, he will have his pants pulled down if he doesn't really lift to the next level. I see him as a plodder, he is on the verge of the upward spiral or the downward slide. Must claim a big scalp out of the next two games, he needs to silence their best forward.

Above are the players that I believe need to lift, these are the players that are holding us back and affecting the rest of the teams performance overall. Sure Houli, Petterd, Hampson and Thomas have their moments as do some others but overall they do their job.

The players I have listed above really need to show us and the RFC in the next two weeks that they want to be part of this club, long term and for others short term. But overall they need to show guts and determination against the Hawks and Cats otherwise we have no chance of beating either of them. 

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Next Two Weeks - SHOW US
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:28:06 AM »
Thursfield???

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Thursfield???

:lol, whoops, fixed. I was thinking how similar they are when I was typing hence my error... :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
Thursfield???

:lol, whoops, fixed. I was thinking how similar they are when I was typing hence my error... :thumbsup

No excuses.

Rampstar

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
they'll show us how crap theyre going this season. Lucky if we lose under 12 goals

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:38 AM »
they'll show us how crap theyre going this season. Lucky if we lose under 12 goals
So be it if that's true. At least we will know how crap we really are.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Show us a loss
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we came out and won both of them ,  funny game football :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »
IMO if the players I have listed can step up and show what they are made of, our entire game, the way we are "supposed to play" could really click. I just believe this core group is letting us down and that in turn is affecting our entire plan and they way we are playing.

We can beat the Cats and the Hawks but its going to take 100% from every player on the ground!

"Rucks:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »
IMO if the players I have listed can step up and show what they are made of, our entire game, the way we are "supposed to play" could really click. I just believe this core group is letting us down and that in turn is affecting our entire plan and they way we are playing.

We can beat the Cats and the Hawks but its going to take 100% from every player on the ground!

You think we can beat them with no Lids, Maric or Rance? I don't

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »

If every player on that ground does their job to 100% then yes, the team selected should be the team to combat the hawks and Cats, including the individual match ups. Beat your opponent, that has always been the games trait. unfortunately the players I have listed have not done that, or their crap play has let us and the team down therein lies our problem.

"Rucks:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »

If every player on that ground does their job to 100% then yes, the team selected should be the team to combat the hawks and Cats, including the individual match ups. Beat your opponent, that has always been the games trait. unfortunately the players I have listed have not done that, or their crap play has let us and the team down therein lies our problem.

We need the hawks to have a few significant outs to be a chance without the players above. I hope they kill eachother today

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 12:25:22 PM »
Should win both of these games, or else there should be consequences for all.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »

What's it going to take though, who has to lift???

"Rucks:

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 12:33:36 PM »

What's it going to take though, who has to lift???

I would say the coach and the on-field leaders.

Lot of the problems this year are dumb decisions at selection, in structure and in in-game tempo.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...