Author Topic: Get Phil Jauncey - sports psychologist  (Read 2075 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Get Phil Jauncey - sports psychologist
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 05:11:49 AM »
"Number 30166....Number 30166, your chicken parmagana is ready"
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 05:38:29 AM »
http://www.philjauncey.com.au/about/

This guy is a performance psychologist who was interviewed on SEN116 the other morning.

He was on board and repsonsible for the mental state of players at the Brisbane Lions, the Australia cricket team and the Brisbane Broncos during their successful eras.

This is where the ftf money should be going, and helping to change the culture of the place.

Despite the mirth, it's actually a good idea.
Why do we crap our dacks when we are expected to achieve?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
We had one back in the early 80's - Rudi Webster.  He came to us from Carlton (this actually sparked the famous blue between Percy Jones and Tony Jewell) and he was very instrumental in our 1980 flag win.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »
We had one back in the early 80's - Rudi Webster.  He came to us from Carlton (this actually sparked the famous blue between Percy Jones and Tony Jewell) and he was very instrumental in our 1980 flag win.

Sorcery
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 04:50:19 PM »

Sorcery

Not at all, in our case it was just thinking that kept the message simple.  Have a read of the 2 pages in his book that you will find here:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=9b3jAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT213&lpg=PT213&dq=rudi+webster+richmond+football&source=bl&ots=WY94QoDXRr&sig=5Bz6WyfDttZsilJx-PU2tq5RQK0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Eb9xU8GTKMvFkQX_r4GwDQ&ved=0CFgQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=rudi%20webster%20richmond%20football&f=false

Basically talks about how he had to limit the message Jewell was trying to impart to the players in order for them to take it all in.  And we all know the outcome......... :gotigers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

Sorcery

Not at all, in our case it was just thinking that kept the message simple.  Have a read of the 2 pages in his book that you will find here:

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=9b3jAAAAQBAJ&pg=PT213&lpg=PT213&dq=rudi+webster+richmond+football&source=bl&ots=WY94QoDXRr&sig=5Bz6WyfDttZsilJx-PU2tq5RQK0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Eb9xU8GTKMvFkQX_r4GwDQ&ved=0CFgQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=rudi%20webster%20richmond%20football&f=false

Basically talks about how he had to limit the message Jewell was trying to impart to the players in order for them to take it all in.  And we all know the outcome......... :gotigers

Dimma calls it sorcery
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 06:20:50 PM »
Witchcraft