Author Topic: Who is to blame and why?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Who is to blame and why?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
12 months ago , Essentially the same playing group took the football world by storm with its giant killing approach toward finals football. Only some tinkering was required to bridge the gap to take us that step or two from top 4. Instead that tinkering has taken us to bottom four.

I'm absolutely livid , this list is right up there and yet we couldn't beat an egg the way we re playing. If I had anything to do with it , dimma would be on notice with a longer term plan for Cambo to be installed as senior coach.
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
Chaplin might have been free agency but when youre wasting $400,000 a year on the tpp then its shameful recruiting.
:clapping

It's all well and good to bring in guys for "free" but you pay overs for FA no matter who they are. The one team that has been successful over a long, long period is Geelong who have built their own. Guys will stay at their own club for cheap. They won't change for cheap.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 04:22:32 PM »
12 months ago , Essentially the same playing group took the football world by storm with its giant killing approach toward finals football. Only some tinkering was required to bridge the gap to take us that step or two from top 4. Instead that tinkering has taken us to bottom four.

I'm absolutely livid , this list is right up there and yet we couldn't beat an egg the way we re playing. If I had anything to do with it , dimma would be on notice with a longer term plan for Cambo to be installed as senior coach.

Mate we lose to 9th. Nothing killer about that. If you ask me the writing was on the wall after that defeat then to recruit graham when there were guns like mcevoy around was trade suicide

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 04:26:52 PM »

lol the list has always been in the mire with about 12 14 other teams. if you think we were head and shoulders above 13 other teams you were truly delusional.
we were and remain a middling team who is having a tough time of it atm. we at no stage have ever become a good side capable of regularly playing finals.

the list lacked depth and quality it still does.  it used to lack maturity and experience but  over the last two yrs we sure as hell fixed that didnt we.  trouble is we did it with a shedload of glass half fulls adding to the many glass half fulls we already had.
there was absolutely no need to take the number of mature players we took this yr  not unless they were quality players.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 04:29:31 PM »

BJ you overvalue everything RFC as per usual.
This footy club is skata. If we aren't an on field basket case every five years or so then things aren't normal.
We are pathetic.
Campbell as coach would ensure we would be a basket case in less than 5 years from now.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »

Not really Romeo

12 months ago Grigg was still rubbish.
Chaplin should in the 2nd part of last season he's no good IMO
Houli squibbed it
The like of king. Newman. Aaron Edwards.were showing our oldest players are worryingly not good enough.
Our ruck division was weak
Griffiths. Elton. McBean. Dea. helbig Types were dropped/not selected. Often in due to being blocked by guys that as now no longer here (McGwire, white, nahas
The same of coach favourite players were really if ever dropped.
We seemed to favour middle aged / old types instead of giving the kids games

I believe the cracks were showing. We didn't need some tinkering bollocks - we should have continued to build the list with as many highly rated kids as possible

Now the avalanche can't be stopped

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 04:36:58 PM »

Not really Romeo

12 months ago Grigg was still rubbish.
Chaplin should in the 2nd part of last season he's no good IMO
Houli squibbed it
The like of king. Newman. Aaron Edwards were showing our oldest players are worryingly not good enough
Our ruck division was weak
Griffiths. Elton. McBean. Types were dropped/not selected
The same of coach favourite players were really if ever dropped.
We seemed to favour middle aged / old types instead of giving the kids games

I believe the cracks were showing. We didn't need some tinkering bollocks - we should have continued to build the list with as many highly rated kids as possible

Now the avalanche can't be stopped

Get some chewing gum. Chew it feverishly. Take it out of your mouth and give it to BJ and ask him to plug the crack that's growing in the dam wall with it whilst you run like the wind and watch the tsunami from a safe distance.

Rampstar

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
Matthew Richardson was spot on during 3aws coverage this afternoon from 12pm. Basically said the list is no good they reached their capability last year and that was their maximum output. So in effect the talent we have on our list was only ever capable of finishing in the lower reaches of the 8 as a maximum. In effect our best effort with this list of players was to make finals get eliminated by Carlton who didnt even make the finals. In effect what Richo was say is that the

LIST IS stuffed
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:56:43 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
Everyone has a valuable point on this one.
Some are more vehement in their arguments and that shows anger and passion to the situation and that's fine too while others make their points and leave it at that. What is certain is that the clubs issues are not solely attributed to one isolated problem but a number of them
Culture which leads to failure which leads to nepotism which then leads to quick fixes which leads to false hope which leads to limited success which leads to failure which leads to false promises and statements which leads to anger which leads to backtracking which leads to more failure to more anger and ultimate resignation that club was wrong which leads to change of the figurehead of the playing side which then leads to new hope and then gets back to culture.

Club's issues are much deeper than a string of bad losses over a part of the season or a lack of finals over a period of 3 decades. Fix the above and we're on our way.
Agree mate.

It's the one thing this club has failed to address.
Culture is the problem. 

That's why we need a strong leader or leaders that can stand strong on this issue.

Implementation of programs and throwing money at departments won't fix the problem if the culture is up poo creek. You can recruit the best and most skillful players but that won't fix the problem because tigeritis will ruin them.

A leader that is willing to stand firm on a no compromise winning culture of excellence, then will the club finally rid themselves of the disease that has plagued it. A leader that isn't swayed by the frenzy of over-enthusiastic praise when only one final is played. A leader that doesn't bend on standards even after success is achieved. A leader that doesn't tolerate prima donnas. A leader that stands by his convictions and doesn't accept players that compromise team ethos. A leader that excels and the players excel because of him regardless of ability.  A leader that demands toughness and hates softness.
We need a strong leader that can withstand the overlay of hype and stand firm on the foundations of excellence he implements at the beginning. Someone who is uncompromising with high standards of excellence and will not waver from its coarse.
Only someone with strong convictions that is willing to see through the frenzy that masks mediocrity.

I want a leader like this.
Richmond needs a leader like this.
We aren't the same as other clubs. Unless this issue is dealt with once and for all we will always be the laughing stock of the competition and the cycle will continue.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
Matthew Richardson was spot on during 3aws coverage this afternoon from 12pm. Basically said the list is no good they reached their capability last year and that was their maximum output. So in effect the talent we have on our list was only ever capable of finishing in the lower reaches of the 8 as a maximum. In effect our best effort with this list of players was to make finals get eliminated by Carlton who didnt even make the finals. In effect what Richo was say is that the

LIST IS stuffED
That's funny , he wasn't saying that pre season,  ::)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »

It wasn't the list that took us to finals it was us.
Yes the throngs of loyal delusional fans that bleed yellow and black took this rag tag bunch of lollipop p00fs to their first final in 12 years.
The signs were there that their were issues not being addressed. Many on this forum would point these our but you, HRT, Al and '65 and some other apologists for mediocrity couldn't or would fail to see the true picture.
This club has poo culture that allows hype to swell the heads to unimaginable  proportions. It's the throngs of supporters screaming and cheering that carried the team that far but bad culture always rears its ugly head if its never been fully dealt with.

Hype will only get you so far. The facts are the club was poo, is poo and will always be poo until someone fixes the culture first.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
What they need are people who will put the RFC first in their lives.

Good luck with that.

It's over, my friends.

Try to save a drowning person and they'll eventually take u down with them.

I'm done.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 05:50:58 PM »

lol the list has always been in the mire with about 12 14 other teams. if you think we were head and shoulders above 13 other teams you were truly delusional.
we were and remain a middling team who is having a tough time of it atm. we at no stage have ever become a good side capable of regularly playing finals.

the list lacked depth and quality it still does.  it used to lack maturity and experience but  over the last two yrs we sure as hell fixed that didnt we.  trouble is we did it with a shedload of glass half fulls adding to the many glass half fulls we already had.
there was absolutely no need to take the number of mature players we took this yr  not unless they were quality players.
Would be fair to say those comments were not consistent with how we performed in 2013 , registering 15 wins along the way with major scalps against the two GF sides. Not sure that 12 other sides accomplished that ::)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »
Bj, you sound like a religious zealot. Lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »

LIST IS stuffED

I respectfully disagree.

Mcdonuts. Darrou. Grimes.
Rance. Astbury. Mcintosh/helbig.
Conca. Miles. Martin.
McBean. Elton. Arnot.
Lennon. Riewoldt. Lloyd.
Griffiths. Vlastuin. Morris.

Maric. Deledio. Cotchin.

Sub. (. Gordon. Ohanlon. Dea. Bachelor. Ellis. Seawards. Vickery)

I feel a roos or Hinckley type could at least make the. side competitive.

The list has some talent.