Author Topic: Who is to blame and why?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Who is to blame and why?
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
Matthew Richardson was spot on during 3aws coverage this afternoon from 12pm. Basically said the list is no good they reached their capability last year and that was their maximum output. So in effect the talent we have on our list was only ever capable of finishing in the lower reaches of the 8 as a maximum. In effect our best effort with this list of players was to make finals get eliminated by Carlton who didnt even make the finals. In effect what Richo was say is that the

LIST IS stuffED

I respectfully disagree.

Mcdonuts. Darrou. Grimes.
Rance. Astbury. Mcintosh/helbig.
Conca. Miles. Martin.
McBean. Elton. Arnot.
Lennon. Riewoldt. Lloyd.
Griffiths. Vlastuin. Morris.

Maric. Deledio. Cotchin.

Sub. (. Gordon. Ohanlon. Dea. Bachelor. Ellis. Seawards. Vickery)

I feel a roos or Hinckley type could at least make the. side competitive.

The list has some talent.

But that's not hardwicks prefered list......

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »
That list might be shyte too

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »
Why is conca a required player ?^^
Caracella and Balmey.

the claw

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »
12 months ago , Essentially the same playing group took the football world by storm with its giant killing approach toward finals football. Only some tinkering was required to bridge the gap to take us that step or two from top 4. Instead that tinkering has taken us to bottom four.

I'm absolutely livid , this list is right up there and yet we couldn't beat an egg the way we re playing. If I had anything to do with it , dimma would be on notice with a longer term plan for Cambo to be installed as senior coach.
lol the list has always been in the mire with about 12 14 other teams. if you think we were head and shoulders above 13 other teams you were truly delusional.
we were and remain a middling team who is having a tough time of it atm. we at no stage have ever become a good side capable of regularly playing finals.

the list lacked depth and quality it still does.  it used to lack maturity and experience but  over the last two yrs we sure as hell fixed that didnt we.  trouble is we did it with a shedload of glass half fulls adding to the many glass half fulls we already had.
there was absolutely no need to take the number of mature players we took this yr  not unless they were quality players.
Would be fair to say those comments were not consistent with how we performed in 2013 , registering 15 wins along the way with major scalps against the two GF sides. Not sure that 12 other sides accomplished that ::)
rubbish we played better footy the yr before.
yes we won 15 games and it was clearly an over achievment but the hype and spin sucked plenty like you in. the list certainly screamed at us all that nothing we had done was sustainable. it is a lot like 2001 there was a lesson to be learnt from 2001 instead we made the same mistakes.

you see it all the time middling sides who have great runs with injury, play against opposition sides at the right time, have things generally go your way and have players perform above what they can sustain. that was last yr for us. the yr before that it was nm. before that essendon.
we knocked over top sides hawthorn and sydney in 2012 it didnt mean much. just like beating hawthorn last yr meant nothing. when it counted to  the hawks they thrashed us.

mate its  the depth of the list and the quality spread thru it that determines the true state of the list. we have sorely lacked in both under hardwick and we continue to lack in them.
plenty of ordinary sides have made finals and plenty more ordinary ones will continue to make finals.
your trouble is you dont work things out for yourself and you get sucked in by the hype and spin the club feeds you.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
Hardwick, poor game plan, not utilising players strengths and playing them in their correct positions, lack of run in game plan and poor player selections.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »
I blame Hardwick and his coaching panel because they took short cuts.
I blame Hartley for bringing in rejects from other clubs who are no stuffing good.
I blame B.Gale for allowing this nonsense to occur and allowing good money to be wasted on Chaplin, Hampson and Grigg and to a lesser extent Houli and Thomas and Petterd. All up about $1.3 million in wages per year maybe more.
I blame the players for their gutless ineptitude and their disgraceful performances.
I blame the fitness staff for not pounding the crap out of the players over the summer leaving us with an uncompetitive team fitness wise.
I blame Francis Jackson and his team for not bringing in quality youngster after the 1st round of the national draft and for not recruiting players with any speed.
I blame them all.

What would I do:

I would terminate the employment of Blair Hartley coz his record isnt that flash
I would terminate the employment of the fitness staff right now.
I would delist Chaplin, Petterd, Thomas, Grigg and Hampson at the end of the year.
I would delist Newman, Foley, King and Stephenson
I would allow Hardwick to coach to the end of 2015 the end of next year but if their is no real improvement between now and then - 16 months (a very fair amount of time) I would sack him too.
I would pay major dollars to try and get the 2 best free agents over the next 2 years (ie. get 2 serious A graders)

And thats just as a start.

And I blame the board for not making all these people accountable.
And I blame the members for not making the board accountable, in fact LESS accountable.

This didn't start with Hartley or Hardwick or Gale or even Jackson. This started with the 2004 election when a failed board was given a free pass to continue to control the club.