Author Topic: Richmond president backs Hardwick and team management (Age)  (Read 2232 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond president backs Hardwick and team management (Age)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »
If Hackson, Hartley, the fitness staff and Tim Clarke don't all follow him out the door it'll be a complete waste of time. If anything they should probably all go before him.

Yes they should and the idiots who signed those fools up to contracts should leave also.

How hackson is still around is more baffling than anything ive seen from the club in the last decade.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 10:58:04 PM »
It would be a nice change if the Club just shut the stuff up until they could back up on the park what is now just empty rhetoric. We don't need a daily running public self-analysis commentary from all and sundry via the media  :scream.

- the team's recent inability to cover experienced players like Brett Deledio, Ivan Maric and Alex Rance "may have been a reality check about the depth of our list".
That's a cop out just as it turned out to be when Dimma used it as an excuse a month ago. We had Lids and Rance back against Melbourne and still played pathetically as a team. There's more to this year's collapse than just lack of depth. 

O'Neal said a review of Richmond's football department was unnecessary since Hardwick's contract was extended last December after an examination that the president termed "very current".

"We had no doubt, based on the performance review, and the review from the head of football and the CEO, that he was the right person for the job," O'Neal said.
That's just astonishing that the Prez doesn't see the need for a review of the footy dept  :huh. There's more to the footy dept. than the senior coach, Peggy. What about the fitness staff, the list manager, the recruiters, the assistant coaches, etc. With all due respect, you're kidding yourself if you believe the footy dept. personnel is fine as is.

"The sooner we win the better everybody feels, and the more we lose the worse everybody feels," she said.
A win or two will not cover up the underlying problems within the team :facepalm. Focusing on wins/losses is ignoring the deeper problems of how pitifully substandard our skills and gamestyle are, the sheer mental fragility and weakness of the team, the lack of leadership and a culture of accepting poor standards and ill-discipline onfield.
mt i know we have had our tangles at times but sheesh that is one fine post.

the claw

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 11:01:57 PM »
"The sooner we win the better everybody feels, and the more we lose the worse everybody feels," she said.
A win or two will not cover up the underlying problems within the team :facepalm. Focusing on wins/losses is ignoring the deeper problems of how pitifully substandard our skills and gamestyle are, the sheer mental fragility and weakness of the team, the lack of leadership and a culture of accepting poor standards and ill-discipline onfield.

It is true though, win the next couple and the noise will abate.

Maybe we need to keep losing before real change happens.

:cheers
a few us argued even when we won 15 games in a season that we were on a tight rope as far as list, recruiting and list management goes. a few wins may silence the masses but it sure as hell wont fix the problems.
id go so far as to say statements like a few wins will silence people is nothing more than tokenism and dirsregarding peoples intelligence, im sorry peggy but we arent all fools.

the claw

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 11:06:48 PM »
Giving Hardwick 3 years last December was a HUGE mistake. The bloke should be on 1 year contracts
Then he'd just take shortcuts. This way he has a chance to build for the future. Oh wait... :banghead :banghead
thats the sad part of all this. they had carte blanche to do the hard yards and take their time about it and make sure they got it right.

thing is if you cant identify what is wrong in your footy dept you cant fix a thing.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
Giving Hardwick 3 years last December was a HUGE mistake. The bloke should be on 1 year contracts
Then he'd just take shortcuts. This way he has a chance to build for the future. Oh wait... :banghead :banghead
thats the sad part of all this. they had carte blanche to do the hard yards and take their time about it and make sure they got it right.

thing is if you cant identify what is wrong in your footy dept you cant fix a thing.
thats the real issue isn't it. They don't know they've stuffed up. Everyone makes mistakes. Good teams rectify it

Rampstar

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:51 PM »

thats the real issue isn't it. They don't know they've stuffed up. Everyone makes mistakes. Good teams rectify it

I reckon they know theyve stuffed it up, they just trying to hide it IMHO which is worse.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:38 AM »
This article just re enforces what I already learnt off Peggy last week
No review ?
Peggy NO IDEA

You should give her a tip or two

I should actually
The business I run is twice the $ turnover of RFC and double the staff and isn't a shambles

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 04:46:56 AM »
But the staff all can't stand their boss?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:15 AM »
But the staff all can't stand their boss?

They love there boss  ;)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »
This article just re enforces what I already learnt off Peggy last week
No review ?
Peggy NO IDEA

You should give her a tip or two

I should actually
The business I run is twice the $ turnover of RFC and double the staff and isn't a shambles

Oh c'mon not this again Jack!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »
We really shouldn't be passing judgement on her just yet,shes been in the job for 2 minutes (I include myself in this)

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »
If Hackson, Hartley, the fitness staff and Tim Clarke don't all follow him out the door it'll be a complete waste of time. If anything they should probably all go before him.

Ideally before, as much as he's pooting me, I'd like to give him a chance to turn this ship around

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »

I reckon they know theyve stuffed it up, they just trying to hide it IMHO which is worse.

I honestly think they don't ramps which for mine is worse. If they know but try to hide it while they try and rectify it I can understand, but they continue on in the he same vein which to me says they truly have nfi they're stuffing up

Rampstar

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
Fair enough