Author Topic: Junk Time Jack  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Junk Time Jack
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
While we're still debating whether Griffiths will make it - Carlisle kicks a lazy 8.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:10 AM »
hes been left at ff all year, no?  :whistle

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
Thought he had played a bit down back

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »

Apparently that ruins players chances of becoming good forwards

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

Apparently that ruins players chances of becoming good forwards

I have heard that rumour

the claw

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 09:51:41 PM »
Griffiths played back at reserves.He's played back and ruck at times in his few senior games.
He's not been given a game behind McGaune and aEdwards at times. Certainly not been given the "proper" go like a Reece Stanley or Aaron black who have played.

Elton and McBean have got a single game between them.
lol griffiths has been given every opportunity. ffs hes played 10 games this yr  and failed to take his chances. in previous yrs hes struggled to touch the ball in the reserves or have any sort of impact yet you want him played.

1/ Griffiths hasn't been given every chance. Hes been dropped after very serviceable games. Hes responbed by kicking bags in the VFL. When hes given a chance he has ended up be number one in the afl for contested marks. In previous years hes been played at full back which is non logical.

griffiths has never ever been in competition with mcguane or a edwards for a spot. his competition comes from vickery riewoldt and elton. or if he performs the 2nd ruck role his competition is hampson and maybe vickery.

the only person to blame for griffiths not getting a game is griffiths himself. he has in the main been terrible. i would not be surprised in the least to see him either offered around at trade time or delisted.

2/ Incorrect.

on stanly he managed just 20 games in his first 3 seasons. he has been more consistent than both griffiths and vickery yet he still has very poor games fairly regularly.
  aaron black while he had plenty of injury early actually had to earn a game and poor form has meant he gets dropped.
the difference between these blokes and griffiths is they have performed well and actually earnt a game.  they havent been given games on the back of virtually nothing.

3/ Stanley has been called the "worst player ever" by some St Kilda fans and yet when given a run of games in the forward line, he has unsurpisingly come good. A luxury which Griff has not been afforded.

4/ Scott claims Aaron Edwards was delisted so Black could have a spot and be developed in the seniors. You are incorrect again, to accommodate high draft pick Black (like Griff) Norf moved on a experienced player (to us), for the long term benifit regardless of short term. And its now paying off it seems.
[/quote
]oh dear your getting your information from the same place bo is aint ya. explains a lot. lets see now
1/  griffiths has had plenty of opportunities and close to 5  whole yrs to show something and has failed abysmally. but hey you put the duds on a pedastal if you like. most first yr talls are giving more.
and your wrong HES DONE NOTHING IN THE VFL. But i forget players dont have to do much at all for you to announce them stars.
 ffs we did offer griffiths around at the end of last yr and there was no takers. yet we gave him one more yr rather than delist him, have given  him 10 games  in the first 12 or so to show something more than barely average at best, and you moan like a little bitch about no opportunity. please give me a freakin break. you do realise you play on performance. ben griffiths best games this yr have been barely passable.and you wonder why he has got dropped. geez some have the bar set in the basement.

2/ nope its dead right. seems you have no idea about structure and player types. tyrone vickery currently has ben griffiths spot in the side. you know 195cm to  200cm, 95kg to 100 kg  are  very different types  to 184cm and 190cm players like edwards and mcguane.
 the only  other option  comparison and role you can make  is ruck/fwd  and griffiths is not  currently  being played as a second ruck/fwd because hes been almost as poor if not worse than shaun hampson. hes in competition with hampson for that role or even vickery. . neither deserve a game. imo vickery as a kpf  doesnt either.

3/ well if saints fans are disgruntled with stanley it just goes to show they are harsher judges than the likes of you. stanley has been better IMO THAN BOTH VICKERY  AND GRIFFITHS. god knows what they would be saying if they had those two hacks running around.
stanley  has   gone from terrible to pretty decent and  thuis still lacks consistency even this yr. yet his yr is miles in front of anything our boys have shown imo. as i said hes been regularly dropped, even this yr.  he played just 20 games in three yrs, but go look for yourself when hes played okay hes dished up far more than ben griffiths has even looked capable of. so hes deserved a go at senior level griffiths has not.

4/ What planet are you on.  A  Edwards was not delisted by nm. In fact he was going to be retained as back up or depth, he knew he was going to get limited time and agreed to be traded at the eleventh hour.. yes  we asked  at the eleventh hour and  nm traded him to us.  geezus son get it right will ya.

the claw

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »
hes been left at ff all year, no?  :whistle
hilarious, are you really that naieve, or are you just plain disingenuous. i reckon your just naieve.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
Would we consider the following sentence true or false

'Carlise has played the majority of the season in the forward line. Even during poor form and media critics.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
2/ nope its dead right. seems you have no idea about structure and player types. tyrone vickery currently has ben griffiths spot in the side. you know 195cm to  200cm, 95kg to 100 kg  are  very different types  to 184cm and 190cm players like edwards and mcguane.
 the only  other option  comparison and role you can make  is ruck/fwd  and griffiths is not  currently  being played as a second ruck/fwd because hes been almost as poor if not worse than shaun hampson. hes in competition with hampson for that role or even vickery. . neither deserve a game. imo vickery as a kpf  doesnt either.

Sorry Claw but the way Edwards and Mcguane played was as third tall and that's what Griffiths is going to play if he does play AFL. I don't think he's in competition with Vickery because Vickery is and will remain our second forward and if another forward comes in they'll be played as 3rd forward.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

'Carlise has played the majority of the season in the forward line. Even during poor form and media critics.
Please tell me you are not putting Carlise and Griff in the same thought patten. One was considered for AA last year and one has played about 3 games that are AFL standard. So leaving a guy in the side that has proven himself a very good AFL player when his form is down is nothing like dropping a guy that had two touches in the last AFL game.
I do respect your 'love Richmond players no matter how bad they really are thing'. I must admit I can no longer do it. I would get rid of about half the list if it were up to me.
We are too soft as a footy club.  :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »

Please tell me you are not putting Carlise and Griff in the same thought patten. One was considered for AA last year and one has played about 3 games that are AFL standard. So leaving a guy in the side that has proven himself a very good AFL player when his form is down is nothing like dropping a guy that had two touches in the last AFL game.
I do respect your 'love Richmond players no matter how bad they really are thing'. I must admit I can no longer do it. I would get rid of about half the list if it were up to me.
We are too soft as a footy club.  :cheers

Black carlise Griffiths were taken within seven picks of each other in the same draft hence are comparable IMo

Don't worry I am more than capable seeing the shyte output of people playing for richmond jumper. I a merely outlining the truth that black and carlise have been well managed and backed. Where as Griffiths is and has been out the outer due to the favouritism of Aaron Edwards McGaune hampson

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
Claw

I apologise for my memory. Aaron Edwards was not delisted. We traded him for pick 207.

Claw

Vickery 99 afl goals @ 1.2
Your mate Stanley 35 @ 0.7

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »
With Jack kicking three in the first quarter against the Swans and not much after, do we need to change thread title to "Out of the blocks early Jack" or soemthing similar?

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »
With Jack kicking three in the first quarter against the Swans and not much after, do we need to change thread title to "Out of the blocks early Jack" or soemthing similar?
Premature Ejackulation

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

:bow   :clapping