Author Topic: The Honesty About Dishonesty (Split from Nth Match Day thread)  (Read 3495 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Crowd was just on 33k

then it looked like about 20,000 Norf people and about 13,000 Richmond people. Shocking indictment on our club I reckon.

Well think about it Ramps, seems most people on this forum weren't at the game. From what I'm reading there looks like there was only 3 of us at the game

Me you and Jack WP.
Jack was with his family, I left the warmth of my house and my wife and 3 yr old to witness that abomination.
 :wallywink
WP whatever your reasoning.... anyway enough said. :help
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:04:11 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Re: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Etihad - Round 12, 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »

Me you and Jack WP.
Jack was with his family, I left the warmth of my house and my wife and 3 yr old to witness that abomination.

My reasoning has always been pretty simple, I go very week because I loved this Club

Sadly right now, I don't care about it and don't respect it because they are dishonest. What we got tonight in the 2nd half was simply dishonest

Think the club is facing a massive crisis and I'm not talking about on field either. They need to understand and they face losing people like me and others who's support has been unconditional.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »

Me you and Jack WP.

My reasoning has always been pretty simple, I go very week because I loved this Club

Sadly right now, I don't care about it and don't respect it because they are dishonest. What we got tonight in the 2nd half was simply dishonest

Think the club is facing a massive crisis and I'm not talking about on field either. They need to understand and they face losing people like me and others who's support has been unconditional.

Agree on all points. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »

Me you and Jack WP.

i think also the way the game has gone and is going is another reason for this. not just at richmond either.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:45:41 PM »
For the first time that I can remember I'm actually losing interest in the footy.

Maybe it's because last year gave me hope. But I just got myself into a state of mind where I expected more than complete misery like every other year. Has made this year even harder to stomach.

Gold membership.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »

Me you and Jack WP.

I had a good record of consecutive Richmond games at the MCG. Don't think I missed one from around 95 till last year when I was best man at a mates wedding. Wasn't happy. Missed a Collingwood loss.

Wife and I had our first child early Feb. Haven't been to the footy since the Dees loss. I'm worried about when will be the next time I go to be honest. Would rather spend some time with something that gives back.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 12:25:10 AM »
I go every week even interstate games

Have decided I won't be travelling in round 23.

Have booked for the other interstate games we have left and will go to those but round 23 no way in hell

I simply just don't care anymore

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »
It's not only the loss. It's the way we lose.
We just find new ways to break the hearts of members and supporters.
Then when you add a 3 finals campaign since 1982 supplemented with either bitter infighting at board level or poor financial mismanagement, added with the off field playing side of things making the same mistakes over and over again and you find that the fans are losing their passion.

I was too young to revel in the glory of the 1980 premiership and I wasn't born till after the 74 flag but having gone to the footy in the late 80's and early 90's and then making that pre season final in 93 followed up with our finals campaign and comeback against Essendon in 1995 you could feel the passion of the fans both old and young as was the case for me in my early 20's.

Even in the bad reigns of Walls and Gieschen there was a real passion amongst the fans.
It wasn't  until the last few years of Spud's reign where many fans started to develop a darkside concept regarding the club that things would never be the same and that the club was always destined to fail given the decisions made and the sins of the past.

I can remember even Benny Gale early in 2010 possibly around the time of the launch of 3-0-75 and he was doing the rounds of all the footy talk shows and him saying something along the lines of RFC having not only passionate fans but loyal and patient ones given the clubs lack of success and basically given the imminent introduction of GC17 and GWS this was virtually the last chance the board had to get things right before people would be sick of these 5 yr coaching cycles turning into new era's starting from scratch.

Well guess what we are here again 5 yrs into Dimma's tenure and I feel hollow and empty. I take pleasure in mocking the club that I have loved for so long yet at the same time I feel cold and aloof to the tragedy that is the RFC. I have no passion for the RFC, I just have a feeling of being non-plussed without a care in the world.
I said to a friend I am going to the footy with no expectation much like I did in 2010 but in 2010 we had a group of kids lining up each week now I am just kidding myself.

It is not so much a meek point that the club needs to admit to me and our supporter base that we have failed in some areas and although its not a total failure we are prepared to do this right and go down the right trusted path as opposed to the kwik e mart version. I saw this under Wallace and Frawley and feel the same is about to occur where Richmond is ready to enter the black abyss where the next 3 years will be a waste of time effort and money much like the 2003 Greg Miller statement where he said we were four years away and then in 2007 saying 2011 was our time and we all know how that turned out.

I don't know what I want from the club and I don't know what the club can offer me right now.
Just hollow and empty. Not gutted gutted was Round 1 2009 or Elim final last year but eve then by the time I got home I was over it given where we were in 2013 and what was perceived to be ahead of us.

Whatever it is my emotive state footy wise is non existent and I have you RFC to blame for this.
Thanks for giving me overall nothing to hang my hat whilst I have given you my loyalty, time and money.
We thought tonight Nought fans outnumbered us. The Freo fans will be making more noise than us on Saturday let me assure you as when you have gone to the well as long as we have for no drink anger and frustration turns into being non-plussed where your care factor is zero.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »

Have booked for the other interstate games we have left and will go to those but round 23 no way in hell

This sort of stuff saddens me most.

Best mate of mine has moved further out of the city and has also lost interest in going to the footy which means I either go by myself or organise another mate or family member. Not rocket science but another example of some sad stories of Tiger fans losing interest. Something in my time have never seen. A lot of the Tiger loyalty I put down to players like Richo who just always gave us something to go and watch. We need a modern day Richo if we are going to be dishonest as we were tonight.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 12:48:59 AM »

This sort of stuff saddens me most.

Best mate of mine has moved further out of the city and has also lost interest in going to the footy which means I either go by myself or organise another mate or family member. Not rocket science but another example of some sad stories of Tiger fans losing interest. Something in my time have never seen. A lot of the Tiger loyalty I put down to players like Richo who just always gave us something to go and watch. We need a modern day Richo if we are going to be dishonest as we were tonight.

Same here Pope. One of four schoolfriends who went to the footy for years. Even with our girlfriends who are now our wives we went where the girls got on and us blokes would dissect everything RFC.

Now down to me and a few of the boys come with me to away games whilst I have upgraded my membership and am a 3121 coterie club member.

I know a few of my mates had kids and their jobs etc bur so do I yet on a weekend I juggle my time with my family and go to the games without fail and if there is a family function on I seethe. First thing I do is look at the fixture when it's released to see if it clashes with birthdays or being Greek Name Days etc and am already plotting how to get out of going to a family do if there is a clash.

I don't know why I love the club and maybe just maybe if we had some level of success I wouldn't be the way I am where not going to a game is not an option and if it is I am counting the days to the next game hoping that we aint playing interstate and I am missing my fair share.

I'm just hollow right now. Call it emotionally detatched or unemotionally attatched whatever it is I am sick of this and rather than make a statement of I am going to do this or that or I'm nor going or whatever I honestly do not know what to do with regards to this. Possibly time to re evaluate my priorities.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 05:09:31 AM »
It's not only the loss. It's the way we lose.
We just find new ways to break the hearts of members and supporters.
Then when you add a 3 finals campaign since 1982 supplemented with either bitter infighting at board level or poor financial mismanagement, added with the off field playing side of things making the same mistakes over and over again and you find that the fans are losing their passion.

I was too young to revel in the glory of the 1980 premiership and I wasn't born till after the 74 flag but having gone to the footy in the late 80's and early 90's and then making that pre season final in 93 followed up with our finals campaign and comeback against Essendon in 1995 you could feel the passion of the fans both old and young as was the case for me in my early 20's.

Even in the bad reigns of Walls and Gieschen there was a real passion amongst the fans.
It wasn't  until the last few years of Spud's reign where many fans started to develop a darkside concept regarding the club that things would never be the same and that the club was always destined to fail given the decisions made and the sins of the past.

I can remember even Benny Gale early in 2010 possibly around the time of the launch of 3-0-75 and he was doing the rounds of all the footy talk shows and him saying something along the lines of RFC having not only passionate fans but loyal and patient ones given the clubs lack of success and basically given the imminent introduction of GC17 and GWS this was virtually the last chance the board had to get things right before people would be sick of these 5 yr coaching cycles turning into new era's starting from scratch.

Well guess what we are here again 5 yrs into Dimma's tenure and I feel hollow and empty. I take pleasure in mocking the club that I have loved for so long yet at the same time I feel cold and aloof to the tragedy that is the RFC. I have no passion for the RFC, I just have a feeling of being non-plussed without a care in the world.
I said to a friend I am going to the footy with no expectation much like I did in 2010 but in 2010 we had a group of kids lining up each week now I am just kidding myself.

It is not so much a meek point that the club needs to admit to me and our supporter base that we have failed in some areas and although its not a total failure we are prepared to do this right and go down the right trusted path as opposed to the kwik e mart version. I saw this under Wallace and Frawley and feel the same is about to occur where Richmond is ready to enter the black abyss where the next 3 years will be a waste of time effort and money much like the 2003 Greg Miller statement where he said we were four years away and then in 2007 saying 2011 was our time and we all know how that turned out.

I don't know what I want from the club and I don't know what the club can offer me right now.
Just hollow and empty. Not gutted gutted was Round 1 2009 or Elim final last year but eve then by the time I got home I was over it given where we were in 2013 and what was perceived to be ahead of us.

Whatever it is my emotive state footy wise is non existent and I have you RFC to blame for this.
Thanks for giving me overall nothing to hang my hat whilst I have given you my loyalty, time and money.
We thought tonight Nought fans outnumbered us. The Freo fans will be making more noise than us on Saturday let me assure you as when you have gone to the well as long as we have for no drink anger and frustration turns into being non-plussed where your care factor is zero.

Brilliant summary. Nailed it  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 07:42:51 AM »
Hey Dom
Good to catch up last night
My wife commented that you seemed a very passionate supporter and said that you are
After I got home from the game we both stayed up and watched the reply( god knows why )
She only goes to one game a year
And her comments were " there are no leaders in this team "
She is correct
Not one !!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 07:50:35 AM »

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
Hey Dom
Good to catch up last night
My wife commented that you seemed a very passionate supporter and said that you are
After I got home from the game we both stayed up and watched the reply( god knows why )
She only goes to one game a year
And her comments were " there are no leaders in this team "
She is correct
Not one !!

Likewise Jack. See you in Aisle 46 against the Saints 3 weeks. Got my tix ages ago for that one. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: The Honesty About Dishonesty (Split from Nth Match Day thread)
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Have split out a number of posts from the game thread.

Think there are some comments here that need a stand alone thread to highlight peoples feelings about the club right now