Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda - Round 15, 2014  (Read 4692 times)

Offline flea03

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda - Round 15, 2014
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
with any luck the aints will beat us by 100plus  and that will be the end of hardwick
 :pray :pray :pray

the claw

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »
I hope we lose. Its in the best interests of the RFC that we lose.

Why ?  All the recruiters are saying the draft is a lottery this year. Pick 1 through to pick 8 could get drafted in any order and even if we got the first pick I wouldn't be confident we'd get it right. Always best to try and win or else you end up with Melbourne's losing culture. We've got enough culture problems of our own without adding that one.

I don't buy that meaningless wins in junk time of a failed season build a "winning culture". Only wins when the stakes are high matter. How many of the times we've come home with a wet sail after the season is shot and got up to mid-table finish have actually translated into success the following year? All it seems to do at Richmond is paper over cracks, cause us to get ahead of ourselves and overrate the list again. It's amazing how Port won stuff all for two years then suddenly got a good coach, top line fitness staff and managed to turn it all around immediately. Melbourne have a been a complete rabble for about five of the last six years....get a good coach, smart trades & drafting on top of all the top picks they've accumulated and are suddenly playing with twice the desire, skill & intent, that will eventually translate into success. Hell, even Jack Watts is looking like he actually wants to be there.

Even back in 2005 after our last wooden spoon in 2004 which IIRC ended with 14 consecutive losses, we got a new coach, who for all his flaws was at least better than Frawley, snagged Deledio and were well on track for the finals until our (and arguably the competition's) best player that year broke his leg.

Identifying and dealing with the deficiencies, smart recruiting, new people with a new attitude & higher standards are more likely to usher in a winning culture than meaningless wins from the season before. If anything I think the latter is ultimately detrimental at Richmond for the reasons I've stated.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying tank, I'm saying get blokes carrying niggles & injuries like Cotchin & Morris fit for the pre-season, play the kids, with simple instructions to take the game on not worry about mistakes or the scoreboard and just let the chips fall where they may.
wow this is a good post. well done sir well done indeed.

only thing id argue with is ports time frame. 5yrs it took em to how to put it regenerate their list. hartlett, broadbent, trengove, schulz, butcher moore pittard, young, oshea, wingard, blee ebert wines, jonas, hombsch,monfries,  were all taken from 08 to 12 along with others. they have made a few mistakes along the way but they have got so much right a few mistakes havent hurt em.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 02:13:11 PM »
Cotch off half-back and ends up with Vlastuin who goes long and Jack takes a gully mark. Passes it off to Cotch who ran on down the ground. Goal  :gotigers

Rich  6
St K  0
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »
TV, don't kick it to Jack if he's got 3 Saints on him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 02:20:05 PM »
Dusty (who started with the kick-in) runs on and finds Jack inside 50. Misses.

Rich 7
St K 1

9 mins

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
Just 2 tackles by us in 10 mins so far (to the Saints 7)  :P.

You can tell this is a game between two bottom sides. End to end with lots of turnovers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »
After a quick chain of handballs, Ellis' quick kick finds Jack on the lead. Goal  :gotigers

Rich  13
St K   1

Dusty off getting his right eye checked.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Lids to Cotch to Conca on the run who misses.

14 - 1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
Lids in the pocket marks and goals  :gotigers

Rich  20
St K   1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »
Dusty and Ellis with 8 possies already.

Inside 50 for us. Free to Cotch. Goal  :gotigers. His 2nd.

Rich  26
St K   1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 02:33:50 PM »
Got to love our need to handball as first option in the backline. We gift so many opposition goals doing it. Morris turnover by hand and we gift the Saints their first goal.

26 - 8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
Cotch to Flossy to Jack 45m out.

Amazing what happens when you run and KICK the footy as a team instead of sideways handballs.

Goal to Jack. His 2nd  :gotigers

Rich  32
St K   8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 02:36:41 PM »
Cotch marks inside 50 again and cops some treatment afterwards. Goal .. his 3rd  :gotigers

Rich  38
St K   8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 02:38:39 PM »
Quarter time

Richmond  6.2-38
St Kilda    1.2-8

Goals: Cotchin 3, Riewoldt 2, Deledio

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
I hope we lose. Its in the best interests of the RFC that we lose.

Why ?  All the recruiters are saying the draft is a lottery this year. Pick 1 through to pick 8 could get drafted in any order and even if we got the first pick I wouldn't be confident we'd get it right. Always best to try and win or else you end up with Melbourne's losing culture. We've got enough culture problems of our own without adding that one.

I don't buy that meaningless wins in junk time of a failed season build a "winning culture". Only wins when the stakes are high matter. How many of the times we've come home with a wet sail after the season is shot and got up to mid-table finish have actually translated into success the following year? All it seems to do at Richmond is paper over cracks, cause us to get ahead of ourselves and overrate the list again. It's amazing how Port won stuff all for two years then suddenly got a good coach, top line fitness staff and managed to turn it all around immediately. Melbourne have a been a complete rabble for about five of the last six years....get a good coach, smart trades & drafting on top of all the top picks they've accumulated and are suddenly playing with twice the desire, skill & intent, that will eventually translate into success. Hell, even Jack Watts is looking like he actually wants to be there.

Even back in 2005 after our last wooden spoon in 2004 which IIRC ended with 14 consecutive losses, we got a new coach, who for all his flaws was at least better than Frawley, snagged Deledio and were well on track for the finals until our (and arguably the competition's) best player that year broke his leg.

Identifying and dealing with the deficiencies, smart recruiting, new people with a new attitude & higher standards are more likely to usher in a winning culture than meaningless wins from the season before. If anything I think the latter is ultimately detrimental at Richmond for the reasons I've stated.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying tank, I'm saying get blokes carrying niggles & injuries like Cotchin & Morris fit for the pre-season, play the kids, with simple instructions to take the game on not worry about mistakes or the scoreboard and just let the chips fall where they may.

excellent post  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018