Author Topic: Changes for the Eagles game?  (Read 3863 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Eagles game?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:16 AM »
Out: Morris, Petterd
In: McDonough, Mcbean
Are you mad? ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Petterd was good on the weekend. Definitely shouldn't be dropped.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
Definitely not Petterd. Was in our bests last couple of weeks.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Out: Jackson

In: Play with 21.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 11:32:55 AM »
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to warm to Petterd a bit as a player. Disposal leaves a bit to be desired at times, but you sure can't question his courage/attack on the ball. Puts his body on the line along with Miles and Conca.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 12:42:47 PM »
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to warm to Petterd a bit as a player. Disposal leaves a bit to be desired at times, but you sure can't question his courage/attack on the ball. Puts his body on the line along with Miles and Conca.

Yeah me too, can't believe I am coming around to him a bit

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
I'm not sold on him either but he wins more contests than he loses.

the claw

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
ins- mcdonough, helbig, gordon, mcbean,dea  lennon. in with the kids and kids it seems that are going okay
outs - sheesh take your pick theres heaps of hacks in the 22. newman, houli, jackson, morris, grimes, batchelor, conca, edwards, petterd, vickery for starters.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »
OUT: Lloyd, Petterd, Miles, Dusty,

IN: Thomas, Hampson, Grigg, A Edwards,
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »
ins- mcdonough, helbig, gordon, mcbean,dea  lennon. in with the kids and kids it seems that are going okay
outs - sheesh take your pick theres heaps of hacks in the 22. newman, houli, jackson, morris, grimes, batchelor, conca, edwards, petterd, vickery for starters.

Sorry Claw but your input is invalid since you no longer watch our games.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »

Sorry no credibility with those outs. As YR said in the post above you admit to longer watching our games and your outs prove it

6 of the blokes you listed played good or really good games last week against Port and based solely on their collective performances they cannot nor should they be dropped

For the record the 6 are:

Houli: his best game of the season

Batchelor: not many possies but played his role and work rate was very good, loved his shepherd and then gut run forward in the 2nd (think it was) that set up a goal throw in the 1% and I reckon he did a good job
Conca: again his inside work was excellent before he got knocked out. 5 tackles and 12 pressure acts

Petterd: think everyone else has covered his efforts off, but again his attack on the contest is fantastic

Edwards: has a had a shocking year but his game on Sunday was very good. 22 pressure acts means he is working hard defensively which is a major criticism of his game

Vickery: thought he back up well after his good game against Brissie. Went missing a few times but when the game was on the line in the final qtr, that contested mark and goal was excellent

Grimes was serviceable as well
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
Bachelor in good nick. Ditto Grimes .dea should get houli spot

Wp what at Edwards pressure acts for year?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:07:18 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Gigantor

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »
Just maybe with consistency of continuous games we are slowly starting to see grimesy get back to some of that form that made most of us sit up and take notice..
Despite Houlis best efforts I still think his defensive play is poor.Although his creative play off half back last week was very good

the claw

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »

Sorry no credibility with those outs. As YR said in the post above you admit to longer watching our games and your outs prove it

6 of the blokes you listed played good or really good games last week against Port and based solely on their collective performances they cannot nor should they be dropped

For the record the 6 are:

Houli: his best game of the season

Batchelor: not many possies but played his role and work rate was very good, loved his shepherd and then gut run forward in the 2nd (think it was) that set up a goal throw in the 1% and I reckon he did a good job
Conca: again his inside work was excellent before he got knocked out. 5 tackles and 12 pressure acts

Petterd: think everyone else has covered his efforts off, but again his attack on the contest is fantastic

Edwards: has a had a shocking year but his game on Sunday was very good. 22 pressure acts means he is working hard defensively which is a major criticism of his game

Vickery: thought he back up well after his good game against Brissie. Went missing a few times but when the game was on the line in the final qtr, that contested mark and goal was excellent

Grimes was serviceable as well

lol  i no longer need to look at the hacks i mentioned. im not after credability im certain time will prove me correct as it has for yrs on end now. i say what i say based on three simple criteria. strengths weakness and over all performance.

on a regular basis most of those mentioned will let you down in fact they already have.. i couldnt give a stuff about how they are going right now.  they arent good enough except on the odd occasion and their history confirms this.
logically some need to go before others geez i may even get the odd one wrong and they prove to be decent players.

we love our duds at tigerland. we love em so much we put the blinkers on and think they will miraculously become good consistent players yr in yr out.
 well perhaps you need to see more of em to confirm one way or the other. me ive seen enough and with most of those named im more than happy to make a call on em. ive seen enough most of em wont takle us anywhere.
no i want us to improve on those mentioned.
isnt it funny all the problems magically disappear after a win or two.  well theyy dont disappear they just get swept under the carpet to become a bigger problem down the track. they end up clogging up the vacuum until it explodes.

ffs the yr is shot the very real need still remains weather we win or lose to play and develop as many of the younger blokes as possible. sorry wp you back the duds in me i reckon the only way to improve is to find better and the only way to find out if we have better is to give em a game.

Gigantor

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:57 PM »
I don't understand....A player plays a good game so we should drop  him?