Author Topic: Changes for the Eagles game?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for the Eagles game?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »
lol  i no longer need to look at the hacks i mentioned. im not after credability im certain time will prove me correct as it has for yrs on end now. i say what i say based on three simple criteria. strengths weakness and over all performance.

You can have whatever criteria you like but based on the game just played and that's what my criteria is you cannot drop all the players you listed

I am not disputing for a second that the majority of the players you listed have had poor seasons and most who haven't been dropped should have been before now. But based on last weekend's game they don't deserve to be dropped. That's not "loving duds" as you describe it; it is making calls on what I watched at the game on Sunday and on the replay.

I will repeat if you refuse to now watch games then your listed "outs" have very little credibility

we love our duds at tigerland. we love em so much we put the blinkers on and think they will miraculously become good consistent players yr in yr out.
 well perhaps you need to see more of em to confirm one way or the other. me ive seen enough and with most of those named im more than happy to make a call on em. ive seen enough most of em wont takle us anywhere.
no i want us to improve on those mentioned.

Guess what I want us to improve too. Just because I refuse to drop certain players after they've done the right things doesn't mean I don't want us to improve. If you followed what I have posted for the last 6 weeks you'd know I have been calling for the kids to be played and favourites to be dropped because the favourites have been playing crap football. But on the weekend a number of those favourites played well and because of that they deserve to hold their spots.

isnt it funny all the problems magically disappear after a win or two. 

Never said nor have I even implied it. But if helps you to make your case then so be it

sorry wp you back the duds in me i reckon the only way to improve is to find better and the only way to find out if we have better is to give em a game.

I will repeat again and hopefully you are prepared to understand it or at the very least acknowledge it. For the last 6 weeks I have called for the kids to be played and favourites to be dropped because the favourites have been playing crap football. But on the weekend a number of those favourites played well and because of that they deserve to hold their spots for the next game no matter how unpalatable that is for you or me.

I am not backing duds as you put it I'm just acknowledging that a number of players you say should be dropped played decent enough games to deserve to hold their spots, nothing more and nothing less
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to warm to Petterd a bit as a player. Disposal leaves a bit to be desired at times, but you sure can't question his courage/attack on the ball. Puts his body on the line along with Miles and Conca.
I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that post. It's time I 'came out' on Petterd also. His courage, pressure and self sacrificial acts have been at a really high standard, actually I would have him only marginally behind Rance in setting the standards in these areas. Here is a guy fighting for his career and he has responded well, I'm impressed. Footy smarts was never the issue with Petterd, it seemed there were other things at play and he looks to have addressed them whatever they are/were. Yes, the kicking is still suss but do we really need him getting 25 possies or do we want him in a FP being dangerous around goal and he is a pretty good lead too. If he is up for renewal at the end of the season, I would like to see him extended.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 06:48:37 AM »
Must stay in the forward line. He is a liability elsewhere. His kicking is not flash but having said that if he keeps kicking a couple of goals a game and continues to play with the same level of courage and determination he should retain his position in the side.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 07:08:15 AM »
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to warm to Petterd a bit as a player. Disposal leaves a bit to be desired at times, but you sure can't question his courage/attack on the ball. Puts his body on the line along with Miles and Conca.
I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that post. It's time I 'came out' on Petterd also. His courage, pressure and self sacrificial acts have been at a really high standard, actually I would have him only marginally behind Rance in setting the standards in these areas. Here is a guy fighting for his career and he has responded well, I'm impressed. Footy smarts was never the issue with Petterd, it seemed there were other things at play and he looks to have addressed them whatever they are/were. Yes, the kicking is still suss but do we really need him getting 25 possies or do we want him in a FP being dangerous around goal and he is a pretty good lead too. If he is up for renewal at the end of the season, I would like to see him extended.

Good to see you've also Thorpedeod as well. You've brought a powerful new voice to Pettard rights.  :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
He's been good since he player twos vs the drug cheats at punt road

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »

Good to see you've also Thorpedeod as well. You've brought a powerful new voice to Pettard rights.  :lol

:lol :lol :lol

the claw

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
lol  i no longer need to look at the hacks i mentioned. im not after credability im certain time will prove me correct as it has for yrs on end now. i say what i say based on three simple criteria. strengths weakness and over all performance.

1/ You can have whatever criteria you like but based on the game just played and that's what my criteria is you cannot drop all the players you listed

I am not disputing for a second that the majority of the players you listed have had poor seasons and most who haven't been dropped should have been before now. But based on last weekend's game they don't deserve to be dropped. That's not "loving duds" as you describe it; it is making calls on what I watched at the game on Sunday and on the replay.

I will repeat if you refuse to now watch games then your listed "outs" have very little credibility

we love our duds at tigerland. we love em so much we put the blinkers on and think they will miraculously become good consistent players yr in yr out.
 well perhaps you need to see more of em to confirm one way or the other. me ive seen enough and with most of those named im more than happy to make a call on em. ive seen enough most of em wont takle us anywhere.
no i want us to improve on those mentioned.

2/ Guess what I want us to improve too. Just because I refuse to drop certain players after they've done the right things doesn't mean I don't want us to improve. If you followed what I have posted for the last 6 weeks you'd know I have been calling for the kids to be played and favourites to be dropped because the favourites have been playing crap football. But on the weekend a number of those favourites played well and because of that they deserve to hold their spots.

isnt it funny all the problems magically disappear after a win or two. 

3/ Never said nor have I even implied it. But if helps you to make your case then so be it

sorry wp you back the duds in me i reckon the only way to improve is to find better and the only way to find out if we have better is to give em a game.

4/ I will repeat again and hopefully you are prepared to understand it or at the very least acknowledge it. For the last 6 weeks I have called for the kids to be played and favourites to be dropped because the favourites have been playing crap football. But on the weekend a number of those favourites played well and because of that they deserve to hold their spots for the next game no matter how unpalatable that is for you or me.

I am not backing duds as you put it I'm just acknowledging that a number of players you say should be dropped played decent enough games to deserve to hold their spots, nothing more and nothing less
1/ reckon we are past playing hacks on performance good or bad. there are just 4/5 weeks left and the real emphasis should be on finding players and trying players. a good game here or there every now and then doesnt help us one bit.  we all know who they are why play em regardless of what they did last week we all know they will revert back.

2/ we need to look past cameo performances. as stated we have just 4 weeks to look at other options. we cant play finals  our yr is shot its too late for hacks to be playing okay footy  time to look at the other options we have regardless of form. if i was truly worried about winning id pick probably our oldest side which would be full of duds with no long term future.

3/ the comment was a generalisation not specifically aimes st you. but it sure as hell seems as soon as we win the apologists come out.

4/ yes you are backing duds based on one game. you say it yourself  calling em duds you call for kids and acknowledge the need to play kids,  but are happy to see hacks get games because they played one decent game. think we need to look further than week to week and concentrate soley on the long term. if that view means a lack of credability or consistency so be it im guilty.
i would have thought it was time to rest cotchin send morris for surgery anyone with niggles be rested and anyone who is a regular and has shown an inability to consistently perform at the required level should be dropped.

so we have missed finals we have very little to play for, its obvious to most we need a overhaul of sorts and we continue to do exactly the same things that has us in the mess.
if you cant grasp where im coming from then tough i dont give a poo. if you think that lacks credability thats fine by me.
all im basically saying is we are way beyond picking players based on a decent game. there are more important reasons to give blokes games.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 11:20:17 PM »
VFL Tigers’ senior push
John Lindon 
July 18, 2014

The impressive improvement of several Richmond youngsters in the VFL has kept the pressure on for spots in the Tigers’ AFL side.

Article mentions McDonough, Gordon, McBean and Stephenson.

Read more at:http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-07-18/vfl-tigers-senior-push

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »
No changes. Subiaco's wide open spaces are for runners and last place you play snails like Thomas and Hampson. Grigg should come back via the VFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 12:24:43 PM »
Who will come out for Shaune Dirge ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 12:28:48 PM »
Who will come out for Shaune Dirge ?

Grrrrrrrrriiiiigggggggg  :clapping

Needs to come back in

Gigantor

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
the world of RFC is at peace currently......Please say NO to Grigg

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
Out .Jackson Petterd both injured
Ins.   A.Edwards and Thomas

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
Out .Jackson Petterd both injured
Ins.   A.Edwards and Thomas
Is this a prediction or a fact Jack?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:35 PM »
The Barometer - Round 18 - Part II
Herald-Sun
21 July 2014

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Reece Conca should pass a concussion test after an 11-day break but Nathan Foley might miss out. Nick Vlastuin and Jake Batchelor were also quiet against Port Adelaide.

ON THE CUSP: No VFL action for the Tigers at the weekend. Matt McDonough is banging down the door for a senior recall and Nathan Gordon’s pace could be handy on the expanses of Paterson’s Stadium. But Liam McBeam is the name on the lips of everyone’s tips, as Pixie Anne Wheatley used to say. A 202cm forward who moves like a small man, he has booted nine goals in the past two games in the VFL.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: A trip to Perth won’t hold too many fears for the Tigers, who scored a comfortable away win against the Eagles last year. Ivan Maric and Alex Rance could be the keys to winning the battle of two 2014 underperformers — if Richmond’s midfielders get first use and Josh Kennedy is held, the home side will find it tough. A win there and another against GWS at the MCG the week later (no certainty) would set up something looking a bit like a blockbuster against the Bombers in Round 20.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/part-ii-round-18-barometer/story-fnelctok-1226995915080