Author Topic: Boak bristles at Chaplin's passion after goal (afl site)  (Read 9817 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Boak bristles at Chaplin's passion after goal (afl site)
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »
Barrett said Chaplin's Oct. 2012 departing email was a thankful one to Port in totality but a couple of lines got under the goat of those at Port. Chaplin told them back then that they had a good bunch of blokes coming through but that they had a lot of work to do and at his age he didn't believe he would be around when they finally became successful if he had stayed there. He also said the Port group had to work on some "issues" before they would become successful and those issues had caused them to stagnate.

dwaino

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »
Fair call at the time before they replaced just about everyone from the top down to the coach. Hindsight is awesome.

tony_montana

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »
Boak bristles at Chaplin's passion after goal
Harry Thring 
afl.com.au
July 14, 2014 4:50 PM

PORT Adelaide skipper Travis Boak has taken a swing at Richmond defender Troy Chaplin and his passionate celebrations late in Sunday's 20-point win over the Power.

The former Power backman contributed to his former club's demise, kicking two crucial goals in the final quarter and making no effort to hide his elation.

Chaplin grabbed at his Richmond jumper and then ran with his arms outstretched like the wings of an airplane when he booted a goal to end any chance of a Port comeback at Etihad Stadium.

The win was obviously sweet for Chaplin but Boak pointed out the Tigers were still languishing in 12th spot on the ladder despite three consecutive victories.

"They were winning so I guess he can do what he wants, but I hope he's enjoying the year they're having," Boak said on Monday.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's Access All Areas, Garry Lyon also took aim at the Tigers defender.

Fellow Access All Areas h

ost Damian Barrett described Chaplin's actions as "contrived passion".

"I didn't like either, I have to be honest," Lyon said.

"If you're going to be consistent throughout that sort of stuff, he might have ripped his jumper off on a couple of occasions earlier this year when he wasn't quite getting the job done, old Troy."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-14/port-bristles-at-chaplin-passion

Just wanted to bump this

RFCO - get this playing over the loud speakers at punt road this week

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »
Chaplin l thought today played his best game for the club & was one of 2 players if everyone noticed did not panic all day.
This guy showed why he is a premiership player  :thumbsup

:gotigers

dwaino

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »
Harry Thring 
afl.com.au

PORT Adelaide skipper Travis Boak has taken a swing at Richmond defender Troy Chaplin and his passionate celebrations late in Sunday's 20-point win over the Power.

The former Power backman contributed to his former club's demise, kicking two crucial goals in the final quarter and making no effort to hide his elation.

Chaplin grabbed at his Richmond jumper and then ran with his arms outstretched like the wings of an airplane when he booted a goal to end any chance of a Port comeback at Etihad Stadium.

The win was obviously sweet for Chaplin but Boak pointed out the Tigers were still languishing in 12th spot on the ladder despite three consecutive victories.

"They were winning so I guess he can do what he wants, but I hope he's enjoying the year they're having," Boak said on Monday.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's Access All Areas, Garry Lyon also took aim at the Tigers defender.

"If you're going to be consistent throughout that sort of stuff, he might have ripped his jumper off on a couple of occasions earlier this year when he wasn't quite getting the job done, old Troy."

Just wanted to bump this

Lmao I was sitting on this thread too waiting to beat them and ask Boaky how he likes his own season ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »
If we can be even with Port say up to half time, then Richmond is better than 50/50 to win next week. :gotigers

tony_montana

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »
If we can be even with Port say up to half time, then Richmond is better than 50/50 to win next week. :gotigers

They are our bunnies

we got them

tony_montana

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »
Harry Thring 
afl.com.au

Just wanted to bump this

Lmao I was sitting on this thread too waiting to beat them and ask Boaky how he likes his own season ;D

:thumbsup  bookmarked it a few weeks ago

...just in case  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
 :lol Boaky will be a late withdrawal for sure next week.  :whistle

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2014, 08:18:57 PM »
Ha ha 8iatch we cumin ohhhh were coming

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 03:50:12 AM »
IT was the Travis Boak snipe he never believed would come back to haunt him.

“I hope he’s enjoying the year they’re having,’’ said Travis Boak of Troy Chaplin the day after Richmond’s Round 17 win over Port Adelaide.

Chaplin had kissed his jumper after kicking two late goals against his old side, with Richmond still so far from contention Boak thought he had a free swing at his former teammate.

Now as those teams face off on Sunday night the Chaplin-Boak war of words is just another beautiful little sideshow that will entertain the punters this week.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-richmond-and-north-melbourne-must-win-back-respect-after-afl-final-mishaps/story-fnelctok-1227043111321

Boak = :stupid  :wallywink :doh :outtahere 

;D

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
I hope we get up and Chaplin is in the after game interview with Dimma and some one brings this up, I also hope that the response no comment see you guys next week, no more questions!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Just a bit of banter': Boak downplays Chaplin sledge (afl site)
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:02 PM »
'Just a bit of banter': Boak downplays Chaplin sledge
Harry Thring 
afl.com.au
September 1, 2014 3:56 PM

PORT Adelaide skipper Travis Boak is downplaying any tension between him and former teammate-turned-Richmond defender Troy Chaplin.

Chaplin grabbed at his Richmond jumper and then ran with his arms outstretched like an aeroplane when he booted consecutive goals to end any chance of a Port comeback in round 17 at Etihad Stadium.

It came after Chaplin sent an e-mail to the players on his departure from Port, suggesting the Power weren't ready to take the next step.

While the victory tasted sweet for Chaplin, his side still languished in 12th spot on the ladder and Boak sarcastically said he hoped the defender was enjoying his season.

However, Boak has now been forced to eat a little humble pie in the lead-up to the Power's elimination final against the Tigers on Sunday at Adelaide Oval.

The Tigers haven't lost since beating Port and upset the Sydney Swans last weekend to sneak into the finals.

Boak insisted the banter between the pair earlier in the season was just that.

"I'm sure he'll be pretty happy with his season the way they're going," Boak said on Monday.

"It was a bit of banter after a game and it might add a little bit [of spice] externally but for us, we're just worried about getting the job done on Sunday.

"That was pretty much all it was."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-01/the-sledge-that-backfired

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:29 PM »
Oh yeah, now it's just a bit of banter  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH