Author Topic: When we make the finals who should we play ? (OER OFFICIAL FINALS THREAD)  (Read 8271 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: To make the 8 - smashing St.kilda
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
We have to win the last 2 games. Adelaide, Essendon, West Coast Eagles, hold our fate

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: To make the 8 - smashing St.kilda
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
this goes in the finals thread
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Can't the aints1966 call in sick ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
I know we need to beat the Aint's first but I'll be at ANZ for sure to cheer on the Lads. Will be interesting to see if the Swans rest any of their stars who may have niggles since they are locked and loaded. Kennedy went off yesterday with a Hamstring strain and the last thing they want is injuries going into finals.
Once again we will have nothing to lose and we have shown we are dangerous when our backs are to the wall. Also the dodgy turf at ANZ may also give them cause for concern.

Just to be sure, I'll also be at Spotless cheering on the Orange Goblins next weekend. I reckon the Pies are gone without Reid, Pendlebury, Cloke and Beams so the goblins may steal an unexpected home win to take the Pies completely out of calculations.

Oh and next week, go the Roos!!

Yesss, yessss, yessssssss  :gotigers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
they wont rest that many Tiga

They would want a first final which will give them the extra weeks rest.

no point resting players in the last round which they may lose resulting in an away final.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

If Geelong beat Hawthorn next week, assuming they beat the Dogs next week Sydney will sure up a top 2 finish and a home final.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Hawks are poo

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Sydney seemingly unstoppable
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Pretty much all the other results this weekend went in our favour. Even Hawthorn losing tonight has enabled Sydney to sow up a top 2 spot so the Swans won't have much to play for against us. Mind you Ted Richards today on the Sunday footy show said Longmire is thinking that way.

The problem still is we need one more other result in the next two weeks to go our way. Either:
R22 - North def. Adel down in Hobart.
OR
R23 - Carl def. Ess at the 'G and our % jumps ahead of the Bombers (we're 1.3% behind them currently = roughly 30 pts)

If both of these don't go our way then we've got zero chance of making it.

So I still have (assuming we win both our games):

Rich:    St K, Syd

Ess:     GC, Carl

Adel:    North, St K

WCE:    Melb, GC

Coll:     GWS, Haw

GC:      Ess, WCE

which gives:
7. Ess   13 wins
8. Rich  12 wins
-----------------------
9. WCE   11 wins
10. Adel  11 wins
11. Coll   11 wins
12. GC     10 wins

So all up, the odds are still against us even if we were to win all of our games. No guarantee North will beat Adelaide. Both sides are inconsistent and it'll depend on which version of each side turns up.

We won't get in with 11 wins so we'll need to be the Swans. Our % is too far behind the Crows (who also play St Kilda) and Eagles (who have Melbourne and the Ablett-less Suns) to rely on them dropping games they are heavily favoured to win.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

Dream scenario for me.

Obviously win our last two with Nought beating Adelaide next week andEssendon dropping Round 23 against Carlton.

Would leave us in 7th place and an MCG final against Nought. FFS we have made finals once in 12 years going into this season whilst making it would be an achievement given where we were potentially we have interstate matches against Port and the loser of Sydney or Freo in Week 1 and 2.

Bonanza for the AFL given the season they have had and the other Elimination final being a Showdown at Adelaide Oval with Essendon finishing 9th or lower depending on West Coasts results against Melbourne and Gold Coast with ASADA waiting in the wings. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The media 'experts' have us finishing 10th.

-------------------------------
RICHMOND
40pts 104.5%

R22: St Kilda (MCG) W

R23: Sydney (ANZ) L

It. Is. ALIVE! Saturday night’s gutsy win means that Richmond could be playing for a finals spot in Round 23 against Sydney at ANZ Stadium. But firstly the Tigers will be chasing vital percentage against a banged-up St Kilda side on Sunday evening.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/who-will-make-it-in-the-battle-for-the-afl-final-eight-we-look-at-the-run-home/story-fnelctok-1227027356697

Jackstar is back!!!

Carlton can beat the Bummers round 23

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Looks to me like we're certs to finish 9th  :banghead
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Looks to me like we're certs to finish 9th  :banghead

A strong ninth that is

Offline Smokey