Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218674 times)

Rampstar

Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
Meanwhile over in the harbour city

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

4 potential brownlow winners right there
Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

For me the 2 big disasters for FJ are picking Griffiths instead of Fyfe and picking Batchelor instead of Parker. Add Parker and Fyfe into our 22 and take out Griffiths and Batchelor and we are much much better side. Its mistakes like that which kill our club IMHO.

Rampstar

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Can someone start a rumour that Conca and Grimes are on the trade table.

Gigantor

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2014, 11:11:18 AM »
Conca for gaff..straight swap?

Rampstar

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2014, 11:12:24 AM »
prefer an early pick instead

Gigantor

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »
reckon the earliest youd get for Reece would be 20

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2014, 11:22:03 AM »
Conca for gaff..straight swap?

Would take Gaff over Conca any day.  Would the eagles be silly enough to take Conca though...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

For me the 2 big disasters for FJ are picking Griffiths instead of Fyfe and picking Batchelor instead of Parker. Add Parker and Fyfe into our 22 and take out Griffiths and Batchelor and we are much much better side. Its mistakes like that which kill our club IMHO.

Yes but there were many people taking ahead fyfe and Parker.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

Yes but there were many people taking ahead fyfe and Parker.
Correct. Fyfe wasn't as highly rated as a junior from memory because of his disposal. Several teams passed him up, not just us. Parker was the one that went very late that shouldn't have. I was hoping to get him earlier but FJ just wasn't interested. Strange.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

Lol, like fyfe was on the lips of every recruiting officer, he went at like 20, why did everyone else leave him alone. Get some new material and stop embarrassing yourself  :wallywink :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Rampstar

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2014, 01:12:36 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

Lol, like fyfe was on the lips of every recruiting officer, he went at like 20, why did everyone else leave him alone. Get some new material and stop embarrassing yourself  :wallywink :banghead

:lol

No worries dancing girl  :lol

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

that's fair enough but hindsight is 20-20.
all 18 clubs passed on these players at least once in their respective drafts.....so there really isn't any point in calling them disasters for FJ

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »

Parker pick 40
Dan H pick 30
K Jack Rookie
Josh Kennedy pick 40

Then
ROK pick 50
Malcevski pick 60

that's fair enough but hindsight is 20-20.
all 18 clubs passed on these players at least once in their respective drafts.....so there really isn't any point in calling them disasters for FJ
That's not how it works, a recruiter is suppose to get picks outside the first round RIGHT!!
It doesn't matter what other clubs did, it's what our club did. It's their job to get these decisions right. If you use the excuse that other clubs also got it wrong then no decision after the first round can ever be judged.
Both examples are fair enough IMO. And Hindsight is the only way to have proof that a decision was wrong. The Heppell and Conca decision is just starting to become even more apparent...for some.

the claw

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
The issue here is finding objectivity when assessing FJ's job.
Jack, Cotch, Rance, Dusty (wasn't a straight forward pick, look at what the Dees did), Ellis, Vlas will all be good players.
I'm starting to think big Ty has unlocked the secret to his game - playing angry. He might get suspended a few times but that edge to his game has improved his attack on the pill.
I'd say let's see how he goes in 2015. I'm now starting to wonder now well he has been coached given that a number of his teammates have stated he plays better when more aggressive.
I know Conca has his share of haters but I'm prepared to wait until he is fully fit before making a call.
Jake Batchelor has started to emerge in the past few weeks and has a specific role which is helping his focus on the field.
We don't know about the string beaner yet but he seems to show a bit.

So I'm not hating FJ, there is enough to work with - in fact I'd argue the issues are more in player development and the list manager who insisted on recruiting mature aged players ahead of kids.
for starters people dont hate anyone. fj is rightly criticised  for the job he does nothing more.

for me the very fact melbourne took scully and trengove made it easy for fj. imo there were 4 standout mids and melbourne took 2 of em.  it left martin and morabito.  morabito may become a bust as well thru injury which is something no one could have predicted and doesnt reflect on the recruiter.

05/  jon # 8  bust, hughes #24 bust, casserley # 40 bust but injuries were the main reason. PEOPLE ARGUE ABOUT FJ ROLE HERE. Part time or not  HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR JON. He was just one of two recruiters himself and miller.

06/ riewoldt #13 pass. edwards # 26 pass,  i give edwards a pass only  because hes played 150games. imo thats a reflection of the poor standard of players we have had. id say at best only a third of edwards games have met the required standard.

07/  cotchin #2 pass. rance #18 pass, putt #51 fail.

08/ vickery #8 imo fail,  #26 post fail,  no third rounder we did take hislop a fj favorite at #58 fail. even if i were to concede vickery a reasonable player, for a top 10 pick hes been very ordinary.

09/ martin #3 pass,  griffiths #19 fail, #35 astbury ?????, #44 dea fail.  i question astbury as hes yet to play enough good footy to show hes  really made it. in other words could still go either way

10/ conca #6 pass, #30 batchelor fail, #47 helbig fail.  ive given conca a pass but i dont think him a worthy top 20 selection yet alone top 10.

11/ ellis #15 pass,  elton #26 ????,  arnott #55 fail.

some people will argue the odd one they are just my opinion.
havent gone past 2011 as it is too early imo. i think vlastuin could be added to the pass list from 2012.

thats the first 3 rounds and overall it is a terrible record. How anyone can be happy with that sort of record is beyond me. No wonder we have gone at monkey ball so hard we just dont find anywhere near enough good juniors.

What is even more damning  fj has not picked  one decent young player in the latter rounds to go with the shoddy above record. not one diamond in the rough.
To take it even further the only decent rookie picks hes taken where we have found decent YOUNG  players are miles AT 22YRS, ,  thats it.

FJ has to go if we are to become a good side. failing that we must find help for fj someone on a equal footing.
ffs  it all starts with the role he does if he fails we fail.that is exactly what has happened.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2014, 02:44:57 PM »
The issue here is finding objectivity when assessing FJ's job.
Jack, Cotch, Rance, Dusty (wasn't a straight forward pick, look at what the Dees did), Ellis, Vlas will all be good players.
I'm starting to think big Ty has unlocked the secret to his game - playing angry. He might get suspended a few times but that edge to his game has improved his attack on the pill.
I'd say let's see how he goes in 2015. I'm now starting to wonder now well he has been coached given that a number of his teammates have stated he plays better when more aggressive.
I know Conca has his share of haters but I'm prepared to wait until he is fully fit before making a call.
Jake Batchelor has started to emerge in the past few weeks and has a specific role which is helping his focus on the field.
We don't know about the string beaner yet but he seems to show a bit.

So I'm not hating FJ, there is enough to work with - in fact I'd argue the issues are more in player development and the list manager who insisted on recruiting mature aged players ahead of kids.
for starters people dont hate anyone. fj is rightly criticised  for the job he does nothing more.

for me the very fact melbourne took scully and trengove made it easy for fj. imo there were 4 standout mids and melbourne took 2 of em.  it left martin and morabito.  morabito may become a bust as well thru injury which is something no one could have predicted and doesnt reflect on the recruiter.

05/  jon # 8  bust, hughes #24 bust, casserley # 40 bust but injuries were the main reason. PEOPLE ARGUE ABOUT FJ ROLE HERE. Part time or not  HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR JON. He was just one of two recruiters himself and miller.

06/ riewoldt #13 pass. edwards # 26 pass,  i give edwards a pass only  because hes played 150games. imo thats a reflection of the poor standard of players we have had. id say at best only a third of edwards games have met the required standard.

07/  cotchin #2 pass. rance #18 pass, putt #51 fail.

08/ vickery #8 imo fail,  #26 post fail,  no third rounder we did take hislop a fj favorite at #58 fail. even if i were to concede vickery a reasonable player, for a top 10 pick hes been very ordinary.

09/ martin #3 pass,  griffiths #19 fail, #35 astbury ?????, #44 dea fail.  i question astbury as hes yet to play enough good footy to show hes  really made it. in other words could still go either way

10/ conca #6 pass, #30 batchelor fail, #47 helbig fail.  ive given conca a pass but i dont think him a worthy top 20 selection yet alone top 10.

11/ ellis #15 pass,  elton #26 ????,  arnott #55 fail.

some people will argue the odd one they are just my opinion.
havent gone past 2011 as it is too early imo. i think vlastuin could be added to the pass list from 2012.

thats the first 3 rounds and overall it is a terrible record. How anyone can be happy with that sort of record is beyond me. No wonder we have gone at monkey ball so hard we just dont find anywhere near enough good juniors.

What is even more damning  fj has not picked  one decent young player in the latter rounds to go with the shoddy above record. not one diamond in the rough.
To take it even further the only decent rookie picks hes taken where we have found decent YOUNG  players are miles AT 22YRS, ,  thats it.

FJ has to go if we are to become a good side. failing that we must find help for fj someone on a equal footing.
ffs  it all starts with the role he does if he fails we fail.that is exactly what has happened.
They have already made a move there claw. Luke Williams will take over in the next year or so IMHO.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »
ok whose Luke Williams.....There are too many Williams's at tigerland,its spinning me out