Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 203067 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #705 on: October 01, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
Who doesn't Melbourne target ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #706 on: October 01, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »

Hawks traded out their 21 year old superstar in Trent Croad. Was the next 'Dunstall'. Got pick 1 and 30 odd. Turned into Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell if anyone read the article recently. Genius.

We would have overlooked them and picked two duds instead

tony_montana

« Reply #707 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
Take a risk Richmond.

Throw up all players for trade. I'd trade anyone if we won out of the deal. Apart from our Captain.

Ask Freo what they would give up for Jack Riewoldt. A pair of Stephen Hill, Lachie Neale, Michael Walters and Michael Barlow would be nice.

Ask WA what they would want for Gaff. Conca and what?

Deledio is getting older. Would fit nicely at Hawthorn with an aging midfield. First round pick and one of Luke Breust, Matt Suckling, Gunston would do.

Just get active. The list is mid table. Take a risk, GC and GWS will go past us if we hope on natural development and moneyball type pick ups. Our youth can't compete with them. Sooner or Later their youth will be prime and we will be stuffed.

We need a small forward and better options off half back. We need pace. Wow do we need pace. Look at Port vs Hawks, they smashed them in the last with their pace. We need some desperately or we will fall behind. Get active, aggressive and take a risk.

Hawks traded out their 21 year old superstar in Trent Croad. Was the next 'Dunstall'. Got pick 1 and 30 odd. Turned into Luke Hodge and Sam Mitchell if anyone read the article recently. Genius.

agree we need to be bold and take a risk to improve exponentially now, we've reached a certain base, now if we're serious we must be willing to make hard calls to take the next step

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »
On Garlett, he had an awful year no doubt, but surely that doesn't undo all his good work previously??

I'd take Garlett for a 3rd rounder or 3rd rounder and a fringe player

I'm starting to loose all hope that Benny Gale was the man to turn this club around on field. He seems to be as soft as every other pretender before him. No balls! No thinking outside the box. Just safe, easy calls on our players and coaching staff.

Sorry if I've misunderstood but Benny has nothing to do with list management, even he will tell you that (nor should he TBH). But agree re the footy department staff side of things, that's something he has does have a say in
Agree on Garlett's worth. Our 3rd rounder would be about right IMO. Hopefully we could off load a couple of ours for 3rd rounders so we still had a pick or 2 in that round.

On Benny I do think he has a say in all matters in the club including list management. He is an ex footballer with a very good footy brain, of course he has some input. It would be stupid not to ask his opinion on some things and players.

the claw

« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2014, 07:35:20 PM »

mcpharlin was a part of the croad trade.

mcpharlin was drafted in 99 at pick 10. croad in 97 at pick 3.
so in effect in 2001  freo recieved croad and mcpharlin  for  pick 1, 20 and 36. or in a way picks 3, 10, for 1,20 and 36.

in 2003 croad was traded back to hawthorn for pick 10

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #710 on: October 01, 2014, 08:02:22 PM »
Frawley officially confirms he's leaving the Demons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/frawley-quits-dees

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Frawley officially confirms he's leaving the Demons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/frawley-quits-dees

Did anyone expect him to stay.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #712 on: October 01, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
On Benny I do think he has a say in all matters in the club including list management. He is an ex footballer with a very good footy brain, of course he has some input. It would be stupid not to ask his opinion on some things and players.

He has said many times publicly (in the media) and functions that he doesn't have any input in list management as it isn't his area of expertise. So based on that I've always taken him on face value.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: October 01, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »

He has said many times publicly (in the media) and functions that he doesn't have any input in list management as it isn't his area of expertise. So based on that I've always taken him on face value.
Come on WP, a president isn't going to tell the world he sticks his nose in to other departments. For one he wouldn't need the extra pressure if things he had helped on went pair shaped, and two it's the company line. I would be horrified to think he didn't have a say with the nuffies employed at our club. I would be happy if he did FJ's job as well as his own. He couldn't do any worse.  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #714 on: October 01, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »

Come on WP, a president isn't going to tell the world he sticks his nose in to other departments. For one he wouldn't need the extra pressure if things he had helped on went pair shaped, and two it's the company line. I would be horrified to think he didn't have a say with the nuffies employed at our club. I would be happy if he did FJ's job as well as his own. He couldn't do any worse.  :thumbsup

But he isn't the president  :laugh:  ;D

I would be disappointed if he did have say as CEO, not his job to manage the list, his job is to run the business

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #715 on: October 01, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »

But he isn't the president  :laugh:  ;D

I would be disappointed if he did have say as CEO, not his job to manage the list, his job is to run the business
Is list management not part of the business?
If the list manager was not doing the right thing by the club, would it be his job to do something about it?
Just because something is not your direct job, as a president or CEO it is your job to fix the problem. Otherwise the "business" would suffer.
Don't believe everything you hear WP. Some people tell lies.  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #716 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »
you are correct in part. but i never heard of a ceo or president doing the work of those below him in the food chain if they think are under performing.

they normally just replace them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #717 on: October 01, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »

mcpharlin was a part of the croad trade.

mcpharlin was drafted in 99 at pick 10. croad in 97 at pick 3.
so in effect in 2001  freo recieved croad and mcpharlin  for  pick 1, 20 and 36. or in a way picks 3, 10, for 1,20 and 36.

in 2003 croad was traded back to hawthorn for pick 10

Hawks then went on to win 3 flags.

Who was the last club to win a flag by playing it safe?

#rollthedice
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #718 on: October 02, 2014, 02:54:01 AM »
The Age reporting a possible 3-way trade between Carlton, Hawthorn and GWS involving Jaksch and O'Rourke.

Carlton give up pick 6 in return for both Jaksch & pick 18.

Hawthorn give up pick 18 for O'Rourke.

GWS gain pick 6 for losing Jaksch & O'Rourke.

Jaksch is away for the next week deciding whether he wants to go to Carlton or St Kilda.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/it8217s-finally-official-frawley-to-leave-the-demons-20141001-10ovf4.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #719 on: October 02, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »
Is list management not part of the business?
If the list manager was not doing the right thing by the club, would it be his job to do something about it?
Just because something is not your direct job, as a president or CEO it is your job to fix the problem. Otherwise the "business" would suffer.
Don't believe everything you hear WP. Some people tell lies.  :shh

You are correct list management is part of the business, an area of the business within a department. The CEO doesn't run the footy department the head of football does which is Richardson.

Al sums it up well

you are correct in part. but i never heard of a ceo or president doing the work of those below him in the food chain if they think are under performing.

they normally just replace them.

And I am on record as saying that while Benny is CEO and supports Dimma unconditionally the entire footy dept is safe. Board backs Benny

That's the set up at the Tigers   ;D