Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218192 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #870 on: October 09, 2014, 03:45:23 AM »
Hawthorn backup tall Sam Grimley has asked the Hawks to explore a trade for him after a brilliant VFL season without a senior game. The 23-year-old kicked the most goals in the VFL this year (45) with hauls of seven and six entering the finals for Box Hill. But the Jim ‘Frosty’ Miller medallist could not add to his senior tally of games at Hawthorn after three games last year. His manager Ben Williams told the Herald Sun on Wednesday he had alerted Hawthorn that Grimley wanted more opportunities. Grimley is contracted for next year so Hawthorn would receive compensation if a trade was struck.

Melbourne will get GWS defender Sam Frost, with GWS and the Demons working on a trade for the younger brother of Collingwood’s Jack Frost. GWS is asking for Melbourne’s second pick and while the Demons are reluctant a deal will eventually be brokered.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-grimley-seeks-trade-from-hawthorn-for-greater-afl-opportunities-elsewhere/story-fndv8os9-1227084283712

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #871 on: October 09, 2014, 08:31:50 AM »
Let's see if we make a play for Grimley

I have never watched him play but we desperately need a back up ruckman let's be honest here

Sign him up ASAP
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #872 on: October 09, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »

I have never watched him play but we desperately need a back up ruckman let's be honest here

Sign him up ASAP

I agree with 100% that we desperately need a back up Ruckman but the problem with all the Ruckman that are currently looking for trades (Giles, Goriange, Grimley ect) is than none of them want to go to another club to be a "Back Up" Ruckman.
All these guys are leaving to either get more game time or become the #1 Ruckman at the new club.
Unfortunately whole we have Maric it's going to be very hard to entice any out of contract Ruckman to join us.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: October 09, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »
Hmmm interesting. Could be worth a look.

Has played 36 VFL games for 86 goals in the last two years.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #874 on: October 09, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »

Sign him up ASAP

I agree with 100% that we desperately need a back up Ruckman but the problem with all the Ruckman that are currently looking for trades (Giles, Goriange, Grimley ect) is than none of them want to go to another club to be a "Back Up" Ruckman.
All these guys are leaving to either get more game time or become the #1 Ruckman at the new club.
Unfortunately whole we have Maric it's going to be very hard to entice any out of contract Ruckman to join us.

exactly.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #875 on: October 09, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »
Has there been an explanation on the Frawley pick 3 compo yet?

I thought the compensation was linked to the new contract, but how does that compare to Buddy on his $1m per year for eight or whatsoever years with the Hawks only getting pick 18 or 19 or whatever it was?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #876 on: October 09, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »

I thought the compensation was linked to the new contract, but how does that compare to Buddy on his $1m per year for eight or whatsoever years with the Hawks only getting pick 18 or 19 or whatever it was?

The afl refuses to share the 'scheme' they use to work it out, with the public apparently

White worth nothing hmmm

IMO Vlad just puts his fingers in his bum and sniffs it and comes up with a numberhe thinks is good. Doubt kit's note scientific than that

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #877 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »

Yes it is based on the FA contract with the new club ($ value and length). They then decide what round and it then falls immediately after the previous clubs pick in that round.

Compo for buddy was a first round draft pick, but Hawks being premiers 1st rd pick was 18, next pick in round one after that was 19

Because the dees are crap the Frawley compo is pick 3 because their first round pick is 2, first pick after their 1st round is 3.

Same compo has been applied but where a club sits on the ladder is the thing that influences it more
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #878 on: October 09, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »
How come whites worth nothing. In comparison especiy with the last round of free agents

Richmond not crap enough?

I can't find that button on my calculator

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: October 09, 2014, 10:50:30 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #880 on: October 09, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
My ambition to get O'Rourke to Tigers is officially over. He has been traded to the Hawks.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: October 09, 2014, 11:16:09 AM »

Yes it is based on the FA contract with the new club ($ value and length). They then decide what round and it then falls immediately after the previous clubs pick in that round.

Compo for buddy was a first round draft pick, but Hawks being premiers 1st rd pick was 18, next pick in round one after that was 19

Because the dees are crap the Frawley compo is pick 3 because their first round pick is 2, first pick after their 1st round is 3.

Same compo has been applied but where a club sits on the ladder is the thing that influences it more

Ahhh OK Thanks  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #882 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
Paddy Ryder will not become a “free agent” in a contentious deal between the Bombers and Power.

The AFL today has blocked a plan that would have had:

ESSENDON rip up Ryder’s contract — that still has two years to run — and reclassify him as a free agent

ESSENDON gain a first-round compensation pick (No. 21) for losing Ryder as a “free agent”.

PORT ADELAIDE gain Ryder and hand over its first-round draft pick (No. 17) to the Bombers in return for two late-order draft picks.

ESSENDON finish up with draft picks 17, 20 and 21.

It is understood rival AFL clubs complained about the deal that effectively rewrote free agency.

Port officials today reacted to the AFL decision saying: “We go back to the drawing board to find a trade that satisfies everyone.”

Overnight, the Power and Ryder’s management moved to trigger a breach of contract clause against Essendon.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/patrick-ryders-attempted-free-agency-move-from-essendon-has-been-blocked-by-the-afl/story-fndv8gad-1227084258054

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham Wright has said on Trade Radio that a couple of clubs have approached the Hawks about a potential trade for Ryan Schoenmakers.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #883 on: October 09, 2014, 01:31:28 PM »
Cheats.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: October 09, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
I really hope the Bombers get nothing for Ryder and they are forced to delist him for breach of contract.