Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015  (Read 60761 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Richmond vs Carlton - Round 1, 2015
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
8 point game.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
Bring it Boys....................
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 08:49:48 PM »
16 point game.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:25 PM »
Season defined

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »
i disagree with any side including us having exclusive rights to  blockbusters opening games anzac day etc etc. im  for sharing it around all clubs and giving all clubs equal opportunity on the big stage.
the sooner we do this and at least attempt to find a draw where all clubs play each other the same amount of times over a two or three yr stretch the better.

theres just so much nonsense that goes on with these things and all it does is disinfranchise people who love the game and their clubs, ultimately  driving them away.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »
Bit of a stretch there Clawski

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »
i disagree with any side including us having exclusive rights to  blockbusters opening games anzac day etc etc. im  for sharing it around all clubs and giving all clubs equal opportunity on the big stage.
the sooner we do this and at least attempt to find a draw where all clubs play each other the same amount of times over a two or three yr stretch the better.

theres just so much nonsense that goes on with these things and all it does is disinfranchise people who love the game and their clubs, ultimately  driving them away.
do u rekon we will lose to Carltank
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 09:33:26 AM »

some people are probably hoping

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »

Carlton supporters maybe?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 12:46:55 AM »

well based on the last 2 or three yrs the game is no lock in. like essendon they have a habit of spoiling our parties. we fell in last yr and should have lost in a game of two halves.
if you think we are that far in front of em that this game is a lock in well good on ya. i would not be surprised in the least if they knock us over.
it amusing with s tiger supporters. we go oh wow we will improve but think every other side wont and they will go backwards.

middling sides like us and carltank have no guarantees of wins.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »

Well you would think so wouldn't you

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »

Well you would think so wouldn't you
Unless they want to tank!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:34 AM »
Just stuffing win it Richmond!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
We better win against these cheating scum, tanking, wankers.

I can't stand them or their supporters or their colour blue.

It's a must win game for me!
I won't accept anything less than a thumping.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'I'm confident we can do it': MCG racing the clock
Matt Thompson 
afl.com.au
February 5, 2015

MCG management admits staff will face a race against the clock to have the ground ready for April's season opener between Carlton and Richmond.

Personnel at the home of footy will work through the night to transform the playing surface from cricket to football mode after the cricket World Cup final on Sunday 29 March.

They will have less than four full days to get the ground ready for opening round, a process which not only includes the removal of the cricket pitches, but also a complete changeover of stadium signage and reconfiguration of function rooms.

The Tigers and Blues play at 7.20pm on Thursday 2 April.

MCC chief executive Stephen Gough admitted the turnaround would be tight.

"I have my people who tell me they can do it, so I've told the AFL we can do it, I've told World Cup (ICC) we can do it," Gough said.

"The team here have been used to that sort of pressure at times, (but it's a) little bit different with a major international tournament," he said.

"We've done it a few times on Sheffield Shield finals with a two or three-day turnaround. I'm confident we can do it again."

The AFL backed the MCG to be ready.

"We have complete confidence in the ground being ready for our first match," AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said.

"The MCG is the most experienced venue in Australia at moving between major events and in recent years has always had the ground in first-class condition at the start of our season, following on from previous cricket seasons."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-05/mcg-racing-the-clock