Author Topic: Go North Melbourne  (Read 5344 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Go North Melbourne
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:02 PM »

Enjoy the ride why you can Angus. No use spending the whole holiday cursing the bad restaurant you went to at the start of the trip. Save that until the journeys over.

I understand what you are saying - you're sick of being let down but don't let fear of failure stop you from enjoying success  :gotigers

As I said Stripes I'm enjoying the ride, enjoying the wins. I'll be absolutely rapted if we make finals but it doesn't mean I am going to ignore what happened in the first 13 weeks of the season.

And to TBH I don't think the RFC (and by that I mean everyone; players, coaches, staff, members etc) can or should.

Because what happened in the first half of the year is in a large way going to define season 2015.

Same thing happens again means we've learnt nothing. If it doesn't happen again it means we have actually improved because it would mean we have learnt for the horrid mistakes.

It is the latter I want to see, reckon it's what we all want to see.

I'm not disputing that the last few weeks we've had good footy to watch and it's been exciting. I also I know a lot of people already believed that we've learnt and improved because of what we've seen in the last 7 weeks. In years gone by I would have thought the same thing but not this time. I posted it a few months back what's happened this year hasn't just been about the results it runs much, much deeper for me and it hit/cut me in a way that I have never experienced before. I wont back away from that. The Club let a lot of people down and I think they still have a way to go to repair the damage. The wins are a start but what they do in the coming months will be the next step 

You speak of "don't let fear of failure stop you from enjoying success" and I have to ask what success? I wouldn't think the last 7 weeks equates to "success".  Improved effort & performance? Absolutely but success I wouldn't think so, again just my take. Success in AFL is about playing finals and that's what we need to do consistently and more importantly we need to do it off our bat not by relying on results of others; which is the situation we find ourselves in now

In the end I'm just trying to keep an level head on reality and expectation

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:55:40 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »
who cares about North crows, pies and anyone else. Sorry to say Stripes i know your all about being positive mate and i applaud you for that, but reality is we have no one to blame but ourselves when the reality of a missed finals spot

Now Angus you and I have our spats but I have to say that I agree with your above post 150%  :clapping :clapping

You are Exactly right.

Most will say 2 games in particular have costs us, personally I reckon 3 games have but at the end of the day we did it to ourselves

Agree. We lost games never should have and we paid the price. I hope the team does not forget that going into next season.

x An Infinity
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 11:51:21 PM »
Agree with the BIG ISSUE was the first 13 matches and losing to teams like the Bulldogs and Melbourne.

I don't by into this "standards" or "leadership".

Our style of play was always the issue!

Hardwick was the issue with his ignorance to change the game plan earlier.

Miles isn't the saviour of our season, but doesn't it just puzzle people why he wasn't promoted ASAP when Astbury got injured against Melbourne?

Not sure when King went on the LTIL?

Don't be fooled by this great run, there are still issues.

But one thing is for sure ...

Our boys have showed HEART the past two weeks and it has been fantastic!

We need skillful players around the ball still, but the HEART i can never question!

Just disappointing it wasn't there against the Dogs and Dees!

Why wasn't it???

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:58 AM »
Reckon next year we should change the gameplan back earlier so that we can win enoggh for finals
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 07:10:35 AM »
I get the point that we have only ourselves to blame but if you can't get at least a little excited or hopeful for us to sneak into finals then, and I mean this with no disrespect, I have no idea why you even follow the footy. Ride the highs and lows and enjoy it :thumbsup

Of course I do mate I was there in Adelaide supporting the team.

The thing with me along with a few other posters,  is being burnt means we will always be a little sceptical than your tiger fan who calls sen boasting the "tigers are back"

It doesn't mean wins like last week, and the fact we are still in the hunt isn't exciting. I just always think great they will get us all excited so we open our wallets in December only for some other excuse next year.

Only a finals berth is acceptable after the elim final and early form debacles.

When we start making finals consecutively and beating teams like cats hawks and smashing the gypsys, il say we have finally arrived.

Agree. We need to start beating bogey sides like Geelong and Collingwood to really gain the respect of the league. It is extremely important to learn from the past. Lets go into next season with the attitude that we are now displaying. Lets not forget that there are issues with our list that need to be fixed up and most importantly lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »
Miles isn't the saviour of our season, but doesn't it just puzzle people why he wasn't promoted ASAP when Astbury got injured against Melbourne?

Good point I dont think it has been brought up before

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »
Agree. We need to start beating bogey sides like Geelong and Collingwood to really gain the respect of the league. It is extremely important to learn from the past. Lets go into next season with the attitude that we are now displaying. Lets not forget that there are issues with our list that need to be fixed up and most importantly lets not get ahead of ourselves.

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »
Reckon next year we should change the gameplan back earlier so that we can win enoggh for finals

What do you reckon Phil, change it at round 5?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »

:clapping :clapping

Very smart post
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

What do you reckon Phil, change it at round 5?
yep
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
I get the point that we have only ourselves to blame but if you can't get at least a little excited or hopeful for us to sneak into finals then, and I mean this with no disrespect, I have no idea why you even follow the footy. Ride the highs and lows and enjoy it :thumbsup

Of course I do mate I was there in Adelaide supporting the team.

The thing with me along with a few other posters,  is being burnt means we will always be a little sceptical than your tiger fan who calls sen boasting the "tigers are back"

It doesn't mean wins like last week, and the fact we are still in the hunt isn't exciting. I just always think great they will get us all excited so we open our wallets in December only for some other excuse next year.

Only a finals berth is acceptable after the elim final and early form debacles.

When we start making finals consecutively and beating teams like cats hawks and smashing the gypsys, il say we have finally arrived.

Can't really argue with that or what WP has said :thumbsup. Just also think there isn't much point right now focusing on the start of the year, they can do that once the season is officially over IMO. Not that we should forget about it but rather our focus shift to now and enjoy the rarity of a winning streak :)

tony_montana

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 04:43:22 PM »

:lol

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 01:14:19 PM »
North Melbourne/Gold Coast multi is paying $9.80
So there is roughly a 10% chance that things will go completely our way today.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »

:lol

:lol :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
Go north melbourne  :dancing :dogdance :boxer
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled